NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Default Thanks to those who helped me here and also those who respected me here

See you guys maybe one day at a large card convention....I am done with this website and the bad people always trying to pick at every little thing I do. For all the rest of you thanks it was a fun ride!!!

And for those specific people who like to poke the bear with a stick and then cry when the bear decides to strike back you know what you guys are....low life's!!!

LAST POST!!!

Last edited by Zone91; 05-21-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Glenn
Gl.en.n Willr1ch

Damn......751 and done.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Luke Lyon

Default Really?

I'm surprised you endured all the jokes and skepticism at first, only to leave now, when things seem to have died down. I'm one who was annoyed at how much you dominated the board when you first got here, but I think you've been better lately.

Last edited by Luke; 05-22-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: hadn't read the other thread until now...
Old 05-21-2013, 11:17 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

I've pretty much supported Adrian as well. Somewhat entertaining, but his act is getting tiresome. I don't know anything about his big purchases and how he paid or didn't pay, but it seems more and more that he is an attention whore. I guess we are all supposed to hang on pins and needles as to whether he will quit or not now. I guess I won't. I'd rather talk about cards and try to learn something.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Craig M

Adrian,

Maybe take just a breather for awhile and step away.

I believe you have a creative mind and can have some good input here. Maybe channel your energy into doing more T206 research as this is something that really is needed; there are so many unknowns about T206.

I admired your creativity as I noticed you were one of those guys that could start a thread on any subject and have a 1000 views in several hours.

Another guy that has the knack for that is Frank and for that I respect.

Regards,

Craig
Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Clayton

Adrian, I don't know what happened, maybe I missed it- but reading through this great thread you started it didn't seem like you had any negative responses: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=169120

I think you should consider Craig's advice- take a breather, but don't bail. You seem to have the passion for the cards. If your mind is made up, hopefully you will still at least collect these pre-war gems.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
I think you should consider Craig's advice- take a breather, but don't bail. You seem to have the passion for the cards. If your mind is made up, hopefully you will still at least collect these pre-war gems.

Sincerely, Clayton
+1

Clayton,

This is the thread http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=169115 where it went south.

r/
Frank
Old 05-22-2013, 03:03 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post
+1

Clayton,

This is the thread http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=169115 where it went south.

r/
Frank
Thanks Frank...I hadn't read that thread yet.

I guess my advice would still be the same- I'm sure Adrian will reflect on the issues brought up and possibly, after taking a break, understand the ways to avoid these scenarios

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 05-22-2013, 05:03 AM
Peter Spaeth

After Adrian reneged on an ebay purchase from a friend of mine, and it was clear from his explanation that he was buying cards with money he didnt have, I thought it prudent to alert the board. Apparently the truth did not sit well with Adrian. So it goes.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:07 AM
Sean Costello

Adrian, I never had a problem with you, and I will miss your posts. Best of luck.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:20 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
After Adrian reneged on an ebay purchase from a friend of mine, and it was clear from his explanation that he was buying cards with money he didnt have, I thought it prudent to alert the board. Apparently the truth did not sit well with Adrian. So it goes.
I feel it was a good alert to "out" that, Peter!! That's what we need to do is watch each others backs.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 AM
pete ullman

I agree with much of above sentiment...Adrian def struck me as an attention whore...and was quite annoying at first. After he settled down(was scolded) his threads incited some interesting dialogue...but in the long run...the renegging(even twice) is unacceptable...I wish our brother from another mother up north the best of luck!

Oh...and yes...more t206 research is definitely necessary!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ullmandds; 05-22-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:59 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Given his lack of self control relative to continual posts and comments I would wager we will hear from Adrian again.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 AM
m!ke kn@z@v!c

Somewhere a comic book forum is about to hear horror stories of the mean old men that collect baseball cards.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

He told someone they were a "pissy old fart".. I mean he should be banned for such an unfunny statement. At least say something funny if you're going to be a clown!

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 05-22-2013, 06:25 AM
Ja,mie B.

Experience has shown me that when a poster makes a "This is the last post" thread, it is rarely their last post. Not that it hasn't been fun at times, but wow... first of all, that other thread where Adrian went off the reservation is indefensible, as well as buying things with money he doesn't have.

I've been posting too much myself these days and am looking to tamp it down a bit, not having a provocateur like Adrian around would probably be a good thing. Too much attention focused on one guy, albeit a nice guy, who was funny at times, but life goes on... Good luck, Adrian.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Always sad to see a member deside to quit, not really sure why though. Back and foruth is always fun esp if you can handle your self and just be yourself. I was ripped for my spelling, and had no problem at all with it.

And tribe fan...who u callin old??? lol
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Bill Gregory

If I were selling a card, and the buyer had a legitimate reason why they had to back out (as in something completely unforeseeable came up), I would work with them, and if need be, I would let them back out of the trade. I'm talking something like a family member had to be rushed to the hospital, or a blown engine, etc. I'd be upset at the loss of the sale, but at the same time I'd realize "hey, I still have the card, and maybe I'll find another buyer". I respect the members of this forum, and will treat them accordingly.

Adrian, should you come back and read this thread (and I agree with those that think we will see you again), you need to understand why the trades that went south were reported, and why some of the forum members feel uncomfortable about dealing with you (ie blocking you as a bidder, etc). Having to back out of a trade, or trades, because money you were expecting to come in didn't--that's not a good reason. It means that you're really making deals beyond your means. It demonstrates poor judgement.

You seem like an alright guy, Adrian, but you also sound a little bit like a diva. The name calling in the other thread was really uncalled for, and this thread announcing your imminent departure seems like an attempt to gain...I don't know what...pity, or maybe attention?

Maybe it's best you just step away for a while.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 05-22-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:51 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Paul

I have no idea who this guy is, and I'm not sure I ever read a single post of his. But if announcing your departure from a public internet message board isn't the definition of narcissism, I don't know what is.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 05-22-2013, 07:19 AM
M@rk Cl@ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
I have no idea who this guy is, and I'm not sure I ever read a single post of his. But if announcing your departure from a public internet message board isn't the definition of narcissism, I don't know what is.
I envy you
Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Paul, you must have read this one, or you wouldn't be responding.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

now tribe - THAT is funny :-)
Old 05-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Paul

The extent of my knowledge was that he must've posted a lot because he had a cap on his daily posts, which he liked to put in his texts. But I really didn't pay any attention to him.

People like that usually leave as quickly as they came.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 05-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

His mistakes on bidding and reneging bothered me. His attitude towards those mistakes bothered me a lot. And before those things I might have been his biggest supporter.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Mike

I commented a couple times early in this drama but quickly realized that a train wreck was inevitable so I retreated a safe distance and began rubber-necking.

I watched....

and I watched.....

and watched some more......

stoned agin3.jpg

Now it's time to move on. Does anyone have the "800" number for the "Zone Recovery Zone" 12 Step Program?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
His mistakes on bidding and reneging bothered me. His attitude towards those mistakes bothered me a lot. And before those things I might have been his biggest supporter.
He was apparently using Net54 as a reference as well. Anyway, good thing this is not a workplace or I would suggest we all wear bulletproof vests for the next week or so. His dismissive attitude towards not honoring obligations was very troubling.
Barry Sloate

Adrian seemed like a genuinely good guy, but there are parts of his life that appear to be a bit out of control. I'm not sure he ever quite figured out how to be a part of this community. He always was a little out of place, and he did put people off.

That said, he certainly could come back and post again. If he doesn't, it's his choice.
Daryl

As a lot of you were, I was so so sure in the beginning that he was some sort of an elaborate April Fool's prank. Later, after he'd paid for his overpriced cards, and having watched him take the daily post limit in stride, I thought he was kinda cool. But the reneging combined with those strange French-Canadian bless-out posts crossed the line by a mile or seven.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default while there may be a void

I'm pretty sure I hear the sound of cowbells coming from over the mountain...........
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 AM

In my experience those who make the biggest noise about leaving always come back.

Kodiak x2,Bcauley,trobba x2,Rjackson44,bunst,greenmonster,
Botport,tinkertoeverstochance, frankbmd, drmondobeuno, T206collector,northviewcats x2

Pending deals

Last edited by T206Fan; 05-22-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Glenn
Gl.en.n Willr1ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Fan View Post
In my experience those who make the biggest noise about leaving always come back.
Pretty much, because you know he'll start lurking soon to check out the responses that his "farewell thread" has been getting. It's only a matter of time.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoele$$ View Post
Pretty much, because you know he'll start lurking soon to check out the responses that his "farewell thread" has been getting. It's only a matter of time.
He is here now
Old 05-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoele$$ View Post
And I still don't dislike Adrian. He has a lot of great qualities. But that attitude about it being no big deal that he reneged just isn't right, medicine or no medicine. And he is not banned from the forum either. Now, if he decides to come back we will have to consider his BST presence but I would have no issue with him on the main board. He does need to adjust his thinking with respect to backing out of auction winnings.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:44 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
I commented a couple times early in this drama but quickly realized that a train wreck was inevitable so I retreated a safe distance and began rubber-necking.
+1

I could tell as soon as I read his first few posts that he was only looking for attention. Well, it wasn't going to be from me and I never posted in any of his threads (unless this one counts ). Others fell for it hook, line and sinker and gave him the attention he was looking for. When the attention was over, he moved on.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Belltown Vintage

Adrian, stop it. That's silly - what else are you going to do with your time? This is the internet, not real life. If you leave, everything goes on as it did before you arrived.

Someone who's one of Adrian's big proponents should write a short note that addresses issues he's run into;e.g-don't bid on stuff until the money's in the bank - perhaps a little checklist. Adrian could then print it out and tape it next to his computer, and read it once per hour.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Ad@m Be11

It sounds like Zone got so wrapped up in it that he overextended himself. When he first started, he wanted info on 400 dollar OJs and quickly that ballooned to 5 figure cards. His dealings were definitely concerning and his disrespect for the hobby in the way he trivialized his dealings is what led to his downfall. I had quit posting in his threads and it is unfortunate that it has come to this, but it's not like no one here tried to warn him or help him. He dug his own grave so to speak.
E106: 4/48
E210-1: Completed December 2013
R319: 43/240
Old 05-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
He is here now
Only 14 hours left today and still has 15 posts available!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:10 AM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default no

Adrian DONT GO
Old 05-22-2013, 09:19 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

I did my thinking last night and this morning I was wrong in what I did and you guys are right backing out of a deal is NOT OK!!! I will make sure to prevent this in the future.

My brain does not work the same way as 99% of people so my reasoning is VERY different than most....to me it is not a big deal since 9 times out of 10 I always pay. Some times I need to be told what is right and what is wrong.

Sorry for ALL the drama. I promise I will pay for the other 25 cards for sure...that is a certainty since I get paid from work towards the end of the month.

I know it was mentioned above by a member here so I will answer your question yes the 52 Topps Mantle was paid in full to the dealer (almost 14 000$ and every single penny was paid....so was the Ray Demmitt from a member here and all the others as well)

Post # 1

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Marty Pritchard

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
If I were selling a card, and the buyer had a legitimate reason why they had to back out (as in something completely unforeseeable came up), I would work with them, and if need be, I would let them back out of the trade. I'm talking something like a family member had to be rushed to the hospital, or a blown engine, etc. I'd be upset at the loss of the sale, but at the same time I'd realize "hey, I still have the card, and maybe I'll find another buyer". I respect the members of this forum, and will treat them accordingly.

Adrian, should you come back and read this thread (and I agree with those that think we will see you again), you need to understand why the trades that went south were reported, and why some of the forum members feel uncomfortable about dealing with you (ie blocking you as a bidder, etc). Having to back out of a trade, or trades, because money you were expecting to come in didn't--that's not a good reason. It means that you're really making deals beyond your means. It demonstrates poor judgement.

You seem like an alright guy, Adrian, but you also sound a little bit like a diva. The name calling in the other thread was really uncalled for, and this thread announcing your imminent departure seems like an attempt to gain...I don't know what...pity, or maybe attention?

Maybe it's best you just step away for a while.
He has 100% positive feedback because sellers can not leave anything else. Here is one of his feedbacks;

Positive feedback rating transaction was cancelled by buyer Seller:
Member id crgw951afz
Mar-12-13 05:12
-- (#261147314901)

He has three bidder did not pay marks from me. I let him slide on the other 19. He bounced an echeck on me as he was pressing me to send 12 cards out before it cleared. He told me to google map his address to see that he lives in an upscale neighborhood. He did properly pay for the next three cards. He asked if he could order some and pay at the end of the month. He selected 10 on eBay and then almost immediately asked me to cancel the sales because his grandmother died. Then he sent back that his brother was covering the funeral expenses. Then he sent that he had to pay for his poor relative or relatives to come to the funeral from Europe. He called me several times and sent an unbelievable number of eBay messages.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

martyp

What he said is right BUT he forget to tell you the KEY to all this mess....my pet had to have emergency surgery at a cost of about 1500$ (God I have no control over a animals health if I did my pet would live to be a 100 and would be in perfect health ALL the time....like the people who went threw a tornado yesterday I am sure they had plans as well but now have to make many changes nature does this at times) this was out of my hands my pet comes first to me he is 19 years old and has been the only one there for me almost in those years.

When my finances got back onto gear I purchased 3 cards from him and paid right away. I called him multiple times because I felt bad and for him sending the cards first I told him NOT to do that...and I was happy he did not he knows this!!! I remember telling glad you did not send me the cards because I would have felt like a ass...again he knows this.

Post # 2

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:29 AM

There is a daily post limit
Old 05-22-2013, 09:30 AM
pete ullman

Shazam!!!!!

entropy reigns supreme!

Last edited by ullmandds; 05-22-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Glenn
Gl.en.n Willr1ch

Well that certainly didnt last long.......
Old 05-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
...This is the internet, not real life. If you leave, everything goes on as it did before you arrived...
I enjoy Adrian’s enthusiasm and most of his posts. He does seem to overextend himself sometimes and a few of his posts have been out of line, or at the very least, just not great etiquette.

Today’s episode reminds me of a conversation a few years ago. There was a free agent pitcher, a former All-Star, who was threatening to retire from baseball if he didn’t get signed for the salary he was seeking. Braves manager Bobby Cox chuckled at the thought of it and then squinted his eyes and said, “You know, if he does retire, I’m guessing the game of baseball will somehow find a way to go on …”

I do hope Adrian sticks around (maybe in a bit more conservative fashion), but I’m sure this forum will somehow find a way to survive if he doesn’t.

Good luck to you, Adrian.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Shoele$$

The only thing that made me mad is he should have wrote to me 1st in private I would have told him the truth then he could have came here and write what he felt about it knowing the facts first. That to me would have been respectful and also nice of him.

BUT pulling out of a deal is bad I now can see that no matter the reason!!! Lesson learned the hard way!!!

If I was playing games I would have asked to buy many cards from people here...I was offered MANY nice cards in private and refused every time but once the Ray Demmitt variation from the member The_Coop and he got paid in full. Since then I have refused about 20 cards....some I wish I could own but I knew I could not afford or pay for.

Post # 3

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Peter Spaeth

I am losing track of all the excuses for not paying. Waiting on coin money, waiting on work payment, grandmother, pet, maybe others I missed. Nobody else here conducts himself like this. What makes you so special? Buy what you can afford, with funds you have NOW. Period.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-22-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Peter_Spaeth

I am NOT special my life is different I guess when it comes to money. I did get paid for my coin (and then paid the 22 000$ or so I owed for the cards I purchased) I will be getting the money I am owed from the government (medical money they owe me) just have to wait a while longer....gourverments take time and make mistakes.

As far as my pet I will not go there he is the most important ''thing'' in my life I would no even take a 100 000$ to sell him so when he needs medical attention that becomes my # 1 priority.

Post # 4

Last edited by Zone91; 05-22-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Peter Spaeth

Everybody has a story, most just don't put it on public display or continuously call attention to themselves. Don't buy cards you can't pay for. Very simple.

EDIT I knew I had missed an excuse. Owed money by the government. OK, we are up to five now -- coin money, work money, government money, grandmother, pet.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-22-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Closed Thread