NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Default OT-2008 PGA Tour Predictions

Posted By: paulstratton

My first OT post and it comes on the golf board. I'll be making my annual weekend venture to the Phoenix Open coming up and I'm finally getting a little bit excited. Can't score any Super Bowl tickets , but with everything happening the same weekend here it should be fun.

Anyone care to share their predictions for the 2008 season? It sets up well for Eldrick to take a shot at the impregnable quadrilateral. I say he wins 3 majors, but fails to match Mr. Jones. I wouldn't put anything past him though!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter

Paul,

The way Tiger was playing last year, I wouldn't put anything past him. No telling how many wins he would have finished with last year if his putting would have been better. I figure he should win at least two majors this year. He has a great shot at the US Open with it being at Torrey Pines, the Masters should be his if he's on his game, Royal Birkdale should be a challenge, while I expect Oakland Hills to be the biggest obstacle of the four.

Watching Tiger in person is always great fun. You never know what you might witness. I saw him hole out his second shot on a par four at the Wachovia in Charlotte several years ago. He had to go over several rows of pine trees. It was an amazing shot. We are fortunate to be able to witness such a great player. I take my son every chance I get. I want him to be able to remember seeing Tiger in him prime and have the fond memories of those times we spent together.

Peter

Old 01-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

I am hoping Phil Mickelson has a strong season.

Nothing would be more fun to watch than Tiger and Phil paired together on Sunday of a Major - every major.

Zack Johnson has game and he showed it at the Masters. I think we will hear more good things from him.
And does Sergio finally get a major after coming so close last year?

Tiger is one of my favorites - I feel fortunate to be able to watch him during his playing years...

but I still scratch my head at his guy's ability and creativity.
This is just sick stuff! - I might be able to do it... but it wouldn't be on purpose:

And - this has to be the single best shot I have ever seen. Taking into consideration the situation, the 16th hole on he last day of the Masters, a major at stake - it just doesn't get any more incredible than this:

I am looking forward to this season.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DD

Joe D.,
I agree with you on Phil and Tiger, including those clips. Zach Johnson I think will maybe win a few more times in his career, but I don't think he'll win every year though.

I think Steve Stricker will have a great year, along with Aaron Baddeley, if only to hear the British announcer on CBS (his name escapes me) say "well done, Baddeley".

Old 01-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Administrator

After watching the Buick and seeing what he did to Torrey Pines South...I think it just might be THE year. I'm starting to believe Tiger could get to 100 career wins and maybe 25 majors. That just wouldn't be right.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darrell

Ya ---- Tiger looks scary good this year - hope some people step it up to make it interesting - would hate to see Jack get taken out --- not a big Tiger fan but I'm a Cleveland fan so enough said there ---- Baddeley could be tough this year -- what about Poulter spouting off this week --- oh well - will be fun to see who can make the occasional challenge....

It's about 0 degrees wind chill here live from the 11th hole of Muirfield Village -- can't wait til May !!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Administrator

The hat throw was kind of cool. He said today he didn't even know he threw it and was wondering how Stevie got his hat when he handed it back to him. It's getting pretty ridiculous...

Old 03-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

I hate to call anyone 'The best ever'

But I think I am ready to.

I can't believe what Tiger is doing this year. This is incredible to watch.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

Tiger Wins!