NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

View Poll Results: With what team will LeBron James play for in 2010-11?
Cavs 21 31.34%
Knicks 23 34.33%
Bulls 10 14.93%
Clippers 1 1.49%
Heat 8 11.94%
Someone else 4 5.97%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Banned

Default LeBron's future

Back in Cleveland next season or somewhere else?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Jim D

he is just like most of the other NBA players, greedy.. "i gots ta get paid"

Reminds me of Latrell Sprewell and he turned down 10 mill a year, cause he "has a family to feed" dumb ass!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:42 PM
T0NY @

I think he's gone. My choice for where he'll end up is Chicago.
Gonna be an expensive summer for someone.....
Old 05-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Johnny S

The Brooklyn Nets !! He really needs to change his attitude or will become a joke who no one wants to play with. I can see why he thinks he is bigger than the NBA but last night should've told him something but when you blame everyone and everything else ignorance is bliss. Good luck to the team he bankrupts, yes he will get paid but tough to get the talent he needs to win when all the money is going to him. I feel bad for Cleveland, they deserve better than what he has given them. Here is a clue Lebron, you can't do it yourself, the Celtics just proved it to you, you might be an MVP but you sure didn't play like it. Dump your $10,000 Lebron RC's before they become like he currently is- WORTHLESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:40 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

I don't know what was going on with him in that series.... Did he just not care and completely give up or was he maybe hurt? I think it was a combo of both perhaps, but I don't think he was hurt all that bad.

He's wrong when he says that this won't count against his legacy, it will.

But, he is right that he'd only 25 and has plenty of legacy left to write....

That being said, as a Knicks fan I would love nothing more than to see him come to NYC. Basketball has been all but unwatchable in NY for a long time now. NYC would go nuts over this guy.

This series will be a blemish on his resume but I hope he rights all the wrongs in NY and gives me a team I can have fun watching...

Last edited by yanksfan09; 05-14-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:14 AM
Todd Schultz

Default I'd bet

he's going to the Knicks. He considers himself far too much a man of the world to go anywhere smaller. He'd be in Jordan's shadow in Chicago--no one will fill those shoes, and why try?
Old 05-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Barry Sloate

That's actually a tough question. I voted Knicks but I'm not sure I believe that myself. I originally assumed he would stay with the Cavs, but after watching the last three games of the series I think there is something bad going on over there, and he wants out.

I was also thinking Brooklyn is a possibility because of their new multi-billionaire owner, but I doubt the arena will be open by 2012 and LeBron could be looking at at least three years playing in Newark. That's not really appealing. And neither the Nets or Knicks have much of a team to surround him with. If he goes to either one he is likely to retire without ever having won a championship (although it's of course not impossible).

Chicago has the best core players to complement him but the Bulls have never seemed to be on his radar. Bottom line: No team jumps out as a favorite. He will just have to decide where he wants to be. Everybody will offer him a ton of money so that may not be a big issue.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Abraham Rudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
he is just like most of the other NBA players, greedy.. "i gots ta get paid"

Reminds me of Latrell Sprewell and he turned down 10 mill a year, cause he "has a family to feed" dumb ass!
I don't blame NBA players for being greedy. They have, what, 15 years to make as much as they can? And then it's living off retirement funds from age 38. Not easy when you don't even have a college degree to fall back on.

It's not like the good old days when baseball players had winter jobs. Athletes are dependent upon their sports income for the rest of their lives.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Steve Birmingham

If you do the math, that's a bad argument. Lets say you start working at 18 and retire at 70. And along the way you make 100K a year. That's 5.2 million earned in a lifetime, and most people would say that 100K is a pretty decent salary. A lot of sports figures make as much in a year as a fairly well paid person will make in a lifetime.

Not that they aren't "worth" that much, an owner would only pay that sort of salary if the player had a good chance of bringing in more by way of ticket sales, improved tv revenue, and souvenir sales.

Steve B
Old 07-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahamrudy View Post
I don't blame NBA players for being greedy. They have, what, 15 years to make as much as they can? And then it's living off retirement funds from age 38. Not easy when you don't even have a college degree to fall back on.

It's not like the good old days when baseball players had winter jobs. Athletes are dependent upon their sports income for the rest of their lives.
I weep for them, but on the other hand they only make what someone is willing to pay them. None of us would do it any differently if we were in their shoes.

For those who maintain a mangeable lifestyle alot of them can make enough in a year or two to live very comfortably the rest of their lives. If they get into money trouble it is because of lack of financial discipline and not because they only had 10-15 years of peak earning potential. That is laughable.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Barry Sloate

It's starting to look like LeBron will be joining his friends Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami. While it doesn't guarantee a championship, it is hard to recall any team in any sport adding and retaining so many high caliber players in one shot.

And one thing is undeniable: on any given night, these guys are going to put on an amazing show. There will be nights, and many of them, when the opposition will be blown off the court.

Of course it's not a done deal yet, but if James does in fact land in Miami it's really going to be a nightly highlight reel.

Last edited by barrysloate; 07-09-2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: misspelled "Dwyane"- he spelled it wrong!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:32 AM
P.hil €lli$

If he does end up in Miami, who else do they have around them? Nobody. I know you will have 3 All-Stars, but you also need 5 guys on the court at the same time and you need a bench to win it all in the NBA.