NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default Celebrity and Sports Arena COA's

Ne1 ever heard of this business? Leslie Barber is supposedly the one giving out the certs. I've seen allegations, but I'm looking for proof that they're frauds.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwyer View Post
Ne1 ever heard of this business? Leslie Barber is supposedly the one giving out the certs. I've seen allegations, but I'm looking for proof that they're frauds.
I've seen that Lesley the Barber's name a few places lately. She couldn't authenticate her own signature. The Barber has sheared many a knumbskull, IMHO as another "Forensic Examiner" that needs to have her head examined and get OUT of Autograph Authentication business. Just another dummy in a sea of morons.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/fo...hs-real-or-not

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 11-05-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

I saw that link. I need more proof that she is a fraud. I purchased a signed movie poster with her COA. Am now finding out that it's worthless.

Last edited by rdwyer; 11-05-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwyer View Post
I saw that link. I need more proof that she is a fraud. I purchased a signed movie poster with her COA. Am now finding out that it's worthless.
well how about you show me 1 "Forensic Examiner" that isn't associated with autograph forgeries and I think you have your answer? NONE that I know of, but I can name 20 that are associated with scams. I have seen her name for years associated with god awful forgeries for whatever it's worth.

Sorry that you got a flat top & close shave by the Barber, but live and learn. Who knows, maybe it's good? A broken clock is right twice a day... but then again???? Show the poster and maybe you can get a definitive answer before you go in for your next haircut. Good luck
Old 11-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I've seen that Lesley the Barber's name a few places lately. She couldn't authenticate her own signature. The Barber has sheared many a knumbskull, IMHO as another "Forensic Examiner" that needs to have her head examined and get OUT of Autograph Authentication business. Just another dummy in a sea of morons.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/fo...hs-real-or-not
Fudd you know I am a big fan of yours but I really dislike it when people post on 54 that these examiners are dummies and morons.
They are not dummies and morons and they know exactly what they are doing.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-06-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Fudd you know I am a big fan of yours but I really dislike it when people post on 54 that these examiners are dummies and morons.
They are not dummies and morons and they know exactly what they are doing.
I'm sure they do know EXACTLY what they're doing and that's what makes it so disheartening for the collector trying to navigate the muddy water.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

When you have spent four hours of in depth study of every autograph known to man. Who am I or your not to belive what they say.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

The guy that sold this to me wants proof that this auto is bogus. Please chime in and let him know of your experience. The auto is supposedly Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0021.jpg (76.8 KB, 99 views)
Old 11-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

I say it's fake. What do you think?