NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-21-2015, 09:33 AM
$cotty @.utin

Default Yi spamming

So now we are allowed to spam board members about our upcoming auctions through private messages? I thought we had specific places for that on the board.

Irony is that it makes me much less likely to visit your auction.

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football

Last edited by smotan_02; 02-21-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:04 AM

Default Agreed

Besides the spamming, do we really need to see her "fake" question posts that are thinly veiled to bid in her auctions?
Old 02-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I reported it to Leon....I hate to be a "rat" but this is the first time it has happened to me on this forum.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 02-21-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Agree with everything said
Old 02-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Dan Bretta

Also agreed...she tends to ignore questions asked of her in her thinly veiled advertisement threads too. I did not receive a PM though.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:13 PM
Yi
Banned

Default Sorry!

I didn't know I couldn't send private message for my auction. I thought it was good for collectors to know I have a lot of photos which I even don't have time to upload on my website. I thought maybe somebody need some special photos. I sent a few messages to see what's the feedback. Never thought your guys hate this. I stopped right away when I saw your thread so negative. Just one message, why soooooooo angry? I received selling messages from net54 often. I will not send your guys any messages. Please stop the argument here. I know somebody here like to bully others.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yi View Post
I didn't know I couldn't send private message for my auction. I thought it was good for collectors to know I have a lot of photos which I even don't have time to upload on my website. I thought maybe somebody need some special photos. I sent a few messages to see what's the feedback. Never thought your guys hate this. I stopped right away when I saw your thread so negative. Just one message, why soooooooo angry? I received selling messages from net54 often. I will not send your guys any messages. Please stop the argument here. I know somebody here like to bully others.
Nobody's bullying anybody here, you did something you should have not done and you should just apologize and move on, stop playing the victim here.

Last edited by bobfreedman; 02-21-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:52 PM
Brendan Mullen

What's the big deal? I have never purchased a picture from Yi, and probably never will (as I don't really collect photos). But get a life. Hit "delete" and carry on with your day. Common sense tells me that it takes less than a second to hit delete and move on than start an entire thread whining about it. Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
What's the big deal? I have never purchased a picture from Yi, and probably never will (as I don't really collect photos). But get a life. Hit "delete" and carry on with your day. Common sense tells me that it takes less than a second to hit delete and move on than start an entire thread whining about it. Just my 2 cents...
+1

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 02-21-2015, 10:22 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

To Joe and Brendan...I have been a member for quite a while and prior to this I have never received an unsolicited email spamming me about another's eBay sales. If we are lenient or members show a tolerance for this type of behavior, we will get these types of email all the time.

In addition, if you have seen Yi's postings in the past, I think that you will find that most of the time she is just here to gain knowledge without having to do her own due diligence. Just my 2¢.

Jeff
Old 02-21-2015, 10:44 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
So are you okay with letting everyone do this? I mean if 60 people do this it will only take one minute to hit delete 60 times. Right? Yi has gotten two infractions in the last year for spamming and a third infraction for something that I can't even remember right now. She is not here for anything other than promoting the sale of her photos.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:15 AM
$cotty @.utin

Quote:
How would you feel if you were a paying advertiser? Would it be a little deal then that she gets free promotion directly to members without paying? Net54 is above this behavior, that's why I come here. Generally people do what they are suppose to and those that don't are dealt with accordingly.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:17 AM
Yi
Banned

Default Something I’d like to say:

As I suddenly got a lot of photos from my uncle(E. F. Collins) a photographer who took tremendous photos for baseball players from late 1930s to 1980s and also collected thousands of postcards and photos, at beginning, I didn’t think I deserve this. I’d like to see them to go to the right place---real collectors, because I knew nothing about baseball. As I learned more and more about the history of baseball, I began to love it. I felt I was so lucky to have those photos. I decided to do something to my uncle. I think he would like to see all the baseball fun enjoy those photos. I spent a lot time to build my website, to upload photos. As a math teacher, I was so busy and hardly to get time to do this. I slept only 3-4 hours every day for months. I was encouraged by many baseball photo fans---some asked player photos of their deceased relatives, some asked for some special players (hometown, negro players, or some not famous players), I always did my best to look for them. I never charged big money for this, sometimes I gave free. If it would take time to find out, I always replied. I had limited knowledge on baseball, so it took me long time to do this especially my English was not good. I got helped by some people from Net54. They were so patient to answer my silly questions, they spent time to send long emails to teach me how to identify photo papers(my uncle’s photos mostly have no signatures), wring descriptions….. I appreciate and want to say thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I got some but not much money from selling photos comparing with the time and cost I spent. I sold very few photos, but I am proud of myself, the photos did go to the right people- they are real collectors. My uncle is known by more people now.
I never tried to hurt or do bad thing to anybody. Last time I was banned by Net54 because I posted my advertisment on wrong place. No matter you believe or not, I didn’t know where to post, for my limit time and English then, I didn’t read the terms. I apologized to Leno and didn’t come here for a long time.
I am a human, I made mistakes often. I’d like to take others advices. For what I did wrong, I apologize and will not do again. But some people here use bad words on me are not kind. Hope you stop. Did I really hurt you?
I hope I can continue represent photos when I have time. I do have a lot photos you have never seen. That’s part of baseball history. But I know someone here tried to get rid of me.(It took me 2 hours to write this with the help of an online dictionary). Please understand how difficulty for an ESL people to write and argue in English.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Barry Sloate

Yi- Leon can send an email blast for you but I believe people who use this service pay a fee. By spamming everyone, myself included, you bypassed the fee. That really isn't cool.

Last edited by barrysloate; 02-22-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:35 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Deleted; apparently I was duped by Yi's act.

Last edited by 7nohitter; 02-22-2015 at 04:16 PM. Reason: be to bet
Old 02-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Yi has broken the rules over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.....and that was BEFORE this spamming.

Do I really need to deal with this kind of behavior? I am quite a lenient person but still.......

She has gone around our system (see above for how many times)......

Personally I think it's pathetic.

fyi, she has already been suspended from our board more than once.....for this same type behavior

Last edited by Leon; 02-22-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
As I suddenly got a lot of photos from my uncle(E. F. Collins) a photographer who took tremendous photos for baseball players from late 1930s to 1980s and also collected thousands of postcards and photos, at beginning, I didn’t think I deserve this. I’d like to see them to go to the right place---real collectors, because I knew nothing about baseball. As I learned more and more about the history of baseball, I began to love it. I felt I was so lucky to have those photos. I decided to do something to my uncle. I think he would like to see all the baseball fun enjoy those photos. I spent a lot time to build my website, to upload photos. As a math teacher, I was so busy and hardly to get time to do this. I slept only 3-4 hours every day for months. I was encouraged by many baseball photo fans---some asked player photos of their deceased relatives, some asked for some special players (hometown, negro players, or some not famous players), I always did my best to look for them. I never charged big money for this, sometimes I gave free. If it would take time to find out, I always replied. I had limited knowledge on baseball, so it took me long time to do this especially my English was not good. I got helped by some people from Net54. They were so patient to answer my silly questions, they spent time to send long emails to teach me how to identify photo papers(my uncle’s photos mostly have no signatures), wring descriptions….. I appreciate and want to say thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I got some but not much money from selling photos comparing with the time and cost I spent. I sold very few photos, but I am proud of myself, the photos did go to the right people- they are real collectors. My uncle is known by more people now.
I never tried to hurt or do bad thing to anybody. Last time I was banned by Net54 because I posted my advertisment on wrong place. No matter you believe or not, I didn’t know where to post, for my limit time and English then, I didn’t read the terms. I apologized to Leno and didn’t come here for a long time.
I am a human, I made mistakes often. I’d like to take others advices. For what I did wrong, I apologize and will not do again. But some people here use bad words on me are not kind. Hope you stop. Did I really hurt you?
I hope I can continue represent photos when I have time. I do have a lot photos you have never seen. That’s part of baseball history. But I know someone here tried to get rid of me.(It took me 2 hours to write this with the help of an online dictionary). Please understand how difficulty for an ESL people to write and argue in English.
Sorry, I am not buying this. You say that you are trying to do this for the "real collector". If so, why does almost every one of your current auctions on eBay start at $180 and go as high as $2,500? I really don't care what you start your auctions at. The point is that your comments above are trying to gain sympathy and deflect from the fact that you use Net54 for your own personal gain and nothing else.

Jeff
Old 02-22-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Just another pathetic attempt at her playing the victim
Old 02-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Jeff

Do I really need to deal with this kind of behavior?

No, serial abuser it seems.

As a person who buys a considerable amount of photos (the only part of the hobby where my participation is increasing), this behavior makes me much more likely to not buy as opposed to buy.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 02-22-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I asked you a question in one of your threads and you completely ignored it. Please don't tell us you're here for "the collector". It's clear from your past history that you use Net54 to market your photos and nothing else.

PS love that collector friendly price of $2500 on your Lou Gehrig photo.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 02-22-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Yi
Banned

Default What's your question?

Dan Bretta,
When and where you asked me a question? I didn't know. Sorry! I didn't come here for a long time. I couldn't remember. I'd like to answer if I know the question.
yi
Old 02-24-2015, 03:24 AM
$cotty @.utin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Yi has broken the rules over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over.....and that was BEFORE this spamming.

Do I really need to deal with this kind of behavior? I am quite a lenient person but still.......

She has gone around our system (see above for how many times)......

Personally I think it's pathetic.

fyi, she has already been suspended from our board more than once.....for this same type behavior
Leon,
As a Leader I follow the baseball rule. 3 strikes and (on the third) you receive a pink slip. Seems like Net54 would be the most fitting place for that rule.