NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default Does anyone pay attention to ebay enhanced features

Posted By: warshawlaw

Let's say I have a valuable card I want to sell and I want to be sure it isn't lost in the shuffle. How do you react to listings that are offered with the ebay special features (like gallery, featured listing, listing in contrasting colors or in a box)? Is there one feature or another that you've found especially useful in selling cards?

Old 12-26-2005, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob S

Hi Warsh,

As an ebay member since mid'97, I pay the same attention to the eBay "enhanced features" as I do the large balloons that used car dealers sometime fly above their locations.

I think if my item is old, rare, scarce, highly graded, highly "gradeable", or has some other special characteristic, the folks interested in such an item will find it.

If the item is "run of the mill", then I think nothing in the "enhancement" options will make much of a difference. JMHO.

Bob S

Old 12-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle Leeds-Tilley

I pay attention to some of the features. Proboly the most would be the gallery, as I see the item right at the top of my page and when I scroll through the rest of the listings. I'd say i'm two times as likely to click on a gallery listing compared to a non-enhanced one.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

I just do searches and pay absolutely no attention to any of that stuff.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

The only feature that is worthwhile is the gallery feature as it puts a picture of the card next to the auction title after you've done a search. It's cheap and far more effective than bold type and colored title. The only time the featured gallery listing is worthwhile is if you 20 or more auctions going all at the same time. Do it for item and the click thru rate to your auctions is pretty good. The reason I say 20 plus auctions is that it spreads the cost across those auctions and makes it $1 or less per auction.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I agree that when you're a buyer of vintage, expensive cards, usually the search function finds your auctions for you and not bold, gallery pics, etc.

Old 12-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith

The only one I would pay for is the gallery option. I know personally when I am doing some casual ebay searching, sometimes I only scan down the scroll and look at the gallery photos. If it doesn't have a gallery photo I skip it.

I know personally, I have alot more sucess selling with the gallery option, and usually get better prices that pays for the extra .35 cents or whatever. With that said, these items are not vintage cards, but rather newer stuff like mini helmets. The gallery offers a sort of impulse buy like option when people see the little photo

Old 12-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Williams

I never use them, and don't pay attention to them at all.

There are too many people using bold print to highlight their T206 reprint set anyway, so I've just learned to ignore the bold print, and the little photo is too small to give me any real idea anyway.

I only look up stuff with a decent description, or stuff with a really lousy description, hoping everyone else has missed it (which unfortunately never happens).

Old 12-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cat

If it is a high dollar item, I always sell using the Supersize option (it costs 75 cents). On a couple of rare occasions there was something in the scan format that would disallow Supersizing and so I would state that in the description and also state that I would gladly e-mail my detailed scans.

If someone is selling a high dollar ungraded item and does not use the Supersize option I figure there is something in the detail that they do not want me to see (supersized scans are real cheap when compared to a multi-hundred dollar card). I am not one that will often e-mail the sender for enlarged scans so I normally just move along and forget about the auction if I have any doubts about the card quality.

Edited to correct typos unless otherwise noted.

Old 12-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Adam,

I, for one, don't pay much attention to the different symbols after the item description or bold or colored test in the item description. The two functions that catch my attention are the thumbnail image next to the item description and the gallery items. You can't miss the gallery items because they're right on top of the listings.

Old 12-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boysblue

I agree with the majority....the gallery is the one feature that entices me to have a closer look.

David

Old 12-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

other than the one comment above - does anyone else agree that supersized pics are a worthwhile selling point. I have always provided supersized pics, but if no one cares, I may stop that practice.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Josh,

The large images/graphics are a definite PLUS when selling an item. I always use large scans when I sell something. It's better to provide a detailed description (disclose all defects) and large scan than have to deal with a returned item.

Old 12-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

When buying and selling, I always use the gallery photo option. If I'm selling a high-end item, I will go ahead and pay the $30 or whatever to do the pink background, bold, etc. When I don't have time to browse (as a buyer), those features do get my eye and if it's a $1000+ card, it's worth the cost.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob S

Great comments, folks. I learned some nuance from your opinions.

Bob S