NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 10-20-2010, 03:18 PM
J@RR0D

Default Anyone had any luck with the Topps Million Card Giveaway?

I've had good luck getting the redemption cards in 2010 Topps packs (supposedly 1 in 6 packs, but I seem to get more than that). So far, I've redeemed about two dozen cards online, the oldest being 1957. I've also gotten quite a few 60's and 70's cards. I was afraid I'd get tons of 90's-newer but it seems to be well spread out.

I've made a couple of trades with other users online, even trading an '06 for a '61. So far it's been quite fun, and should be enjoyable to get some decent quality vintage cards mailed to me for "free".
Old 10-25-2010, 04:39 PM
J@RR0D

I had a couple of more decent hits online. I got a '58, a few random 60's, and the best thus far- a '61 Phil Rizzuto "All Star in 1950" card.

I've already gotten quite a few offers on the Topps site for trades, including some '54s, and even deals for up to 17 cards. Fun!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Rich Klein

Default I've been very active

And made lots of great trades!

Rich
Old 10-30-2010, 01:26 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

early one seemed better, there was only one of each hi number released. i got 4 52 hi numbers and a strasburg out of over 300 redemptions and 157 unique initiated trades. I did trade 14 52 low numbers for the strasburg when it was bv of 600

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 PM
J@RR0D

Just a little update...

I'm still actively trading although it seems to be slowing down since it ends in March. I had a '58 Robin Roberts but made a bad trade (Mattingly rookie!) and lost it. I've had some '52s and '53s, but nothing great. Lately I've been collecting possible future HOFer rookies (I've got 2 out of the 3 '81 Tim Raines rookies on the site) as I can normally trade a 60's common for these. Also got some newer rookies (Votto, Cain, Howard/Hamels, Piazza) and a few HOFers ('59 Ashburn, '60 Herzog).

Anyone else still involved?

Last edited by scmavl; 01-28-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:42 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I am still involved although my trade list is dwindling...already cashed out 1100 cards...all phillies and in mostly decent shape. I am still trading for phillies. The facebook site is a good place to initiate trades if you are not there already.

Joshua
Old 01-28-2011, 11:37 PM
J@RR0D

1100 cards??????

And what is the Facebook site?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

When you click on the toppscards.com homepage...on the left underneath is a large facebook banner. Click it and it will take you to the toppsmillion facebook page. If you can wade through the drama and trolls, you can make some great trades there.

I actually entered just under 500 codes total and it looks like I will cash out around 2200 cards total. I have to say though that I am one of a very few who will come out ahead. I was very focused on what I want and learned early on that giving up value and watching your trades will help you get what you want a lot quicker than others.

A big thanks to Rich Klein for helping me to use book value on trades and not just go by "feeling" early on. I am not a big fan of book values anyway but it helped with getting cards I want.

Joshua
Old 02-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Rich Klein

Default TY for the nice words joshua

Very appreciated

Rich