NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-30-2010, 07:15 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Default Big, big meeting

I just hope that Mastro is back in time from his latest trip to save the orphans.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned

I just got an e-mail saying that if you're wearing a Net54 pin, you'll be granted admission to the summit. And there's going to to be free chips and queso.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
I just got an e-mail saying that if you're wearing a Net54 pin, you'll be granted admission to the summit. And there's going to to be free chips and queso.
Yum, I loves me some queso.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:39 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

What about Pat Chan or Scott Susor? Shouldn't they get an 'invite" as well? We are talking about the near-death of an industry, and as many "good guys" as possible might be needed to collectively figure-out how to save the hobby industry universe!

Isn't there going to be free beers?

Lovely Day...

Last edited by iggyman; 07-30-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
"both "industry" leading grading services have clear conflicts of interests......"

I know what SGC's is, what's PSA's?
Could someone please clarify the "conflict of interest" issues by some of the third-party graders? I'm a recent returnee to collecting, and was about to submit some of the high-end cards from my prior collection for grading, as well as some newly acquired T206s lots. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:21 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunsteig View Post
Could someone please clarify the "conflict of interest" issues by some of the third-party graders? I'm a recent returnee to collecting, and was about to submit some of the high-end cards from my prior collection for grading, as well as some newly acquired T206s lots. Thanks.
For the record, sending cards to either SGC or PSA is fine. Either one will enhance ("$$$$") your collection. But, to partially answer your question, perhaps this thread is a good place to start (at least from SGC's perspective): http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ght=FORMAN+SGC

Lovely Day...
Old 07-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunsteig View Post
I think if you do a search for conflict of interest you will find some recent posts. I don't want to stir up that whole pot again. EDIT Oops I missed the post above where Iggy posted a link. There are others as well debating that conflict.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-31-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
Any other food? Cracked crab? Rumaki?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Default A walk down memory lane

Old 01-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default "My relationship with JP Cohen and Memory Lane"----From Marshall Fogel.
Posted By: Marshall Fogel

I am posting this for my friend Marshall Fogel. I think Marshall is a little better with words than computers .

To JP
From Marshall Fogel

Dear JP
I now have a reason to publicly express my account of what I think of you.

I preface my opinion with what are the essentials to a valued business and personal relationship with another. Those values, important to me, are honesty, fairness directed towards others, compassion, and trust.

You have more then met my threshold requirments as to these values.

I have, for a rather long period of time, been aware of your troubles and your ultimate accountability due to your employment in telemarketing.

However, the mitigating factors are more than compelling. When you were 15 years old, your mother was in a healthy relationship with the man that you viewed as a mentor and from whom you sought guidance. Ultimately, you participated in his telemarketing business. Your youthfulness brought with you inexperience, unbridled enthusiasm, and a real sense of naivety. These are forces that contrast to the culpability of all the adults that comprised the inappropriate telemarketing decisions.

To that end, it is clear to me that you fit the ancient Greek philosophy--suffering brings wisdom. You never lost your values that I believe you always possessed. You were compromised by your youth, stupidity, and inexperience. Since your experience, I can attest that you have earnestly applied the wisdom and the maturity to enforce and to protect your always existing values that cement our relationship and your relationship with others.

It is with these thoughts that I am confident that I speak for so many collectors and dealers who have exhcanged millions of dollars of value with you, and who, as I do, also value your presence in the collectible industry and your friendship.

Sincerely,

Marshall

edited the "author" part above....this letter is from Marshall
Old 08-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Peter Spaeth

It is reassuring to know men such as these will be defending the hobby/industry.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Barry Sloate

I read that and I cried.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:08 AM
D.B. Cooper

I wonder how high my plumbing bill would be if the treacly sentiments expressed in that letter clogged up my toilet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RPCFfudmU
Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
"Hope all is well. I am writing to you and others, at the request of Marshall Fogel, to organize a meeting on Wednesday evening August 4th at 8:15 pm in room 307-310 (3rd floor) at the National Convention venue.
"Worried about the future of our industry??? Let me tell you how Amway changed my life and how it can change yours too."

Just a guess...