NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 09-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Jeff P

Default Vintage Football Community - New Board

Hi all,

First, thanks for Leon for allowing me to post this message on Net54!

------

Hi all,

I'm reaching out to fellow football collectors to make you aware of a new collectors community I'm starting. For a long time I've been thinking about starting a football only forum where hard core football collectors can congregate and share. I feel now is the time to create one.

Vintage Football Community (VFC) is a community of football card and memorabilia collectors who enjoy each others company and want to talk about the hobby in a relaxed, stress free environment. It is an invitation only community so we can talk privately about issues and challenges in our hobby while also sharing our collections. Because I want this to be a COMMUNITY in more than name only, there is a posting requirement - but I've taken a different twist on it. Each member will be required to START a thread each month in which they share knowledge about a particular set, memorabilia item, player, team, etc from their personal collection. Videos, re-purposed blogs, podcast posts / discussions, etc. will count as long as knowledge and images are shared. Other than this, you can post as often or infrequently as you wish. Attaboys, welcome messages, social discussions, current football talk, etc. are all encouraged but don't count toward the goal of sharing knowledge.

Beyond posting, I expect members to have the utmost respect for one another and will not tolerate disrespectful discussions or comments toward members. We are not children.

If you're interested in learning more, email me directly and I can answer your questions. I know some of you may not want to commit to starting a thread each month and I can respect that. But I will be sticking to my plan to require new monthly threads as each member needs to actively participate for VFC to truly be a community! No lurking is allowed, as a thriving community is one in which everyone helps make it successful. As the Amish say "many hands make light work".

Contact me at jefferyepayne@gmail.com if interested and willing to abide by our posting rule.

Best regards,

Jeff Payne
Old 09-03-2018, 11:11 AM
ThreadKiller

Default Vintage Football Community - New Board

PM sent...thanks.

Old 09-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Jeff P

Have gotten a few emails from Net54 members but not many. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

jeff
Old 09-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Jeff P

Last bump for VFC. If you love football cards and memorabilia, you'll love this community!

jeff
Old 09-09-2018, 06:00 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Very much in agreement, Jeff. It is a fun place. Football collectors would love it! A ton of knowledge there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Very much in agreement, Jeff. It is a fun place. Football collectors would love it! A ton of knowledge there.
Thanks Robert! It is great to have you involved.

A few members here have expressed concern about the posting requirement so thought I'd address it for everyone.

There are a couple of reason why there is a posting requirement.

1. The football community is fairly small as compared to baseball and I feel a football board can survive and thrive only if everybody helps create content. Otherwise the board will be a ghost town and won't make it.

2. Every collector has knowledge to share ... whether they even realize it or not! My vision is a community where sharing is the norm and everybody gives as well as gets. Of course some members with lots and lots of knowledge will share more and that is perfectly fine! Come and learn as you post.

If you are interested but are concerned about the posting requirement, PM me and we can discuss what you collect and how we can make it work. I'm confident that most anyone who collects football avidly and is willing to share, won't have a problem meeting this requirements. I can help if you have difficulty posting images too!

jeff
Old 09-09-2018, 12:30 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I want to echo this. Compared to others involved at VFC, I am somewhat of a small fish. I collect mainly 1960s, though I do have my eyes on 1950s and 1970s. There are other like minded collectors there. There is also a substantial pre-war presence that I am learning from. The same can be said for modern collectors as well. There may not be as many modern collectors there yet, but there have been discussions about modern issues. I have learned from them also. There is room for all types of collectors. Get with Jeff and come check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Thanks Robert! It is great to have you involved.

A few members here have expressed concern about the posting requirement so thought I'd address it for everyone.

There are a couple of reason why there is a posting requirement.

1. The football community is fairly small as compared to baseball and I feel a football board can survive and thrive only if everybody helps create content. Otherwise the board will be a ghost town and won't make it.

2. Every collector has knowledge to share ... whether they even realize it or not! My vision is a community where sharing is the norm and everybody gives as well as gets. Of course some members with lots and lots of knowledge will share more and that is perfectly fine! Come and learn as you post.

If you are interested but are concerned about the posting requirement, PM me and we can discuss what you collect and how we can make it work. I'm confident that most anyone who collects football avidly and is willing to share, won't have a problem meeting this requirements. I can help if you have difficulty posting images too!

jeff
Old 09-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Brian "Tony" Levinson

Hey can you guys recommend site for new football collector? --(No collecting from 1975-2017 --just started up again recently --so I'm about as ignorant as can be . . .

Buying or trading for lesser condition Butterfingers

Always looking for raw lesser condition vintage baseball and football --small or large lots.

Member of Old Baseball Cards
Old 09-14-2018, 02:57 PM
Jeff P

Check out The Hobby Cave and Vintage Football Cards on facebook. They are both great sites with the Cave focusing on showing off cards while Vintage Football Cards is mostly a Buy/Sell/Trade site with lots of eye candy for sale.

Good luck and glad you are going after football now!

jeff

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 09-14-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Hi all,

------

Hi all,

I'm reaching out to fellow football collectors to make you aware of a new collectors community I'm starting. For a long time I've been thinking about starting a football only forum where hard core football collectors can congregate and share. I feel now is the time to create one.

Vintage Football Community (VFC) is a community of football card and memorabilia collectors who enjoy each others company and want to talk about the hobby in a relaxed, stress free environment. It is an invitation only community so we can talk privately about issues and challenges in our hobby while also sharing our collections. Because I want this to be a COMMUNITY in more than name only, there is a posting requirement - but I've taken a different twist on it. Each member will be required to START a thread each month in which they share knowledge about a particular set, memorabilia item, player, team, etc from their personal collection. Videos, re-purposed blogs, podcast posts / discussions, etc. will count as long as knowledge and images are shared. Other than this, you can post as often or infrequently as you wish. Attaboys, welcome messages, social discussions, current football talk, etc. are all encouraged but don't count toward the goal of sharing knowledge.

Beyond posting, I expect members to have the utmost respect for one another and will not tolerate disrespectful discussions or comments toward members. We are not children.

If you're interested in learning more, email me directly and I can answer your questions. I know some of you may not want to commit to starting a thread each month and I can respect that. But I will be sticking to my plan to require new monthly threads as each member needs to actively participate for VFC to truly be a community! No lurking is allowed, as a thriving community is one in which everyone helps make it successful. As the Amish say "many hands make light work".

Contact me at jefferyepayne@gmail.com if interested and willing to abide by our posting rule.

Best regards,

Jeff Payne

If anybody is remotely even thinking about joining VFC...I urge you to give it a try. It is unbelievable in the things you get to see, learn and share! No drama to boot! Give Jeff a shout if you want to get involved in the greatest football forum going!
Old 09-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Jeff P

Thanks Mike! It is a labor of love and am really happy with the quality of discussion AND willingness of everybody to share their hobby items frequently.

jeff
Old 09-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Abe Kulynych

I've got to agree with Mike, if you collect football VFC has quickly become the best place on the internet for interaction, research and networking.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:44 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid4hof03 View Post
I've got to agree with Mike, if you collect football VFC has quickly become the best place on the internet for interaction, research and networking.
Thanks for the shout out, too, Abe! Love your stuff and am glad you are a member there.

jeff
Old 12-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Marc

I'm just bumping this because I've encouraged a few others to look into joining and was hoping to get this topic it to the top. Lots of good stuff on the VFC.
Old 12-12-2023, 06:27 PM
James

Quote:
Hi all,

------

Hi all,

Best regards,

Jeff Payne
I dont know if my emails are going to spam but I've tried reaching out to you for the VFC password twice and have yet to get a reply. I would like to join

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collec...wnscollector78
Old 12-17-2023, 01:41 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownscollector78 View Post
I dont know if my emails are going to spam but I've tried reaching out to you for the VFC password twice and have yet to get a reply. I would like to join
Have heard from a few members here letting me know brownscollector78 reached out here. Don't worry all! I was talking to him through email and he's back on VFC.

jeff
Old 02-18-2024, 11:36 AM
Nathan Marleau

Would love the password for this, but my account on here was signed up on from an email I no longer have. I will have to be reached here however possible. Thanks
Old 02-18-2024, 04:53 PM
Jeff P

Hi Nathan.

I sent you a PM about this.

jeff