NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Default WTB: Pat Collins cut/3x5

Forgive me if I am not posting my WTB correctly, first post here.. Glad to have found the site! I'm trying to find a Pat Collins signed cut or 3x5 that can be matted. Any help or leads would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-25-2011, 11:59 AM

Good luck!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I'm assuming you mean Pat Collins from the 1927 Yankees and not Pat Collins the Hypnotist Anyway, The only place I've seen any recently is with Kevin Keating at Quality Autographs. If you go on his site you can see multiple examples. Hope that helps.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Thanks guys.. I've seen the ones on Keating's site, there's only 1 on there that I am interested in, but I'm not crazy about the price for it.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:39 PM

Keating's prices are absurd. He's had those Collins pieces a long time; he's gonna have them for a long time to come, too.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:58 PM

Be patient. They show up. Hunt has sold a couple over the last year and there were a few on eBay over the last six months.

DanC
Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Thanks danc, appreciate the advice. Trying to remain patient.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:19 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Just bumping to see if anyone has a Pat Collins cut / 3x5 for sale
Old 08-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Charles

Just wanted to let you know the upcoming September Hunt Auctions has a Pat Collins cut in it.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by old13man View Post
Just wanted to let you know the upcoming September Hunt Auctions has a Pat Collins cut in it.
Nice! I got a reply from Hunt saying their online auction would be up on Monday and they avoided my Pat Collins inquiry so I was hopeful that they would surprise me! Great!

Last edited by mschwade; 08-20-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:56 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default It's in there

Just got my Hunt catalog. Good luck!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:40 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Just got my Hunt catalog. Good luck!
Thanks, I'm hopeful! I've had mixed opinions given to me.. Some say it looks good, some say it looks suspect. First name looks perfect to me, the last name is what has to be questioned.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:37 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Let me just tell you how pissed I am at Hunt Auctions right now.. I was winning the auction at $441 on the Pat Collins cut with like a minute left in extended time when they reset the clock on it to 11 p.m. because other lots (not my lot) were accidentally closed. A few minutes later (6 minutes after it was supposed to be closed at 10:26 p.m. EST), I am in a bidding war on this Collins and I get shutout because the next min bid is over my $1k (shipping included) I had budgeted for it. NOT HAPPY.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

That really sucks, but not to worry, another one will come along and it will probably be one you like better.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:46 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
That really sucks, but not to worry, another one will come along and it will probably be one you like better.
Thanks Mike, I am sure you're right. Maybe I'll take the Collins budget and start a Gehrig budget with it

Last edited by mschwade; 09-15-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:14 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
Let me just tell you how pissed I am at Hunt Auctions right now.. I was winning the auction at $441 on the Pat Collins cut with like a minute left in extended time when they reset the clock on it to 11 p.m. because other lots (not my lot) were accidentally closed. A few minutes later (6 minutes after it was supposed to be closed at 10:26 p.m. EST), I am in a bidding war on this Collins and I get shutout because the next min bid is over my $1k (shipping included) I had budgeted for it. NOT HAPPY.
There's a good chance that the competing bidder in Hunt's was just waiting until the final seconds to bump your bid on the Collins. He may have driven you up, regardless of the timing glitch. Still, it has to be incredibly frustrating, and Hunt's should have found a way to close the lots on time (those that were not impacted, anyway).

I just hate it when these auction houses "play" with the rules and extend their closings. But sometimes these things workk to your advantage... now that the other guy is removed from the "Collins market", the next one could be nicer (and go for less). Anyway... good luck in your quest!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:53 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
There's a good chance that the competing bidder in Hunt's was just waiting until the final seconds to bump your bid on the Collins. He may have driven you up, regardless of the timing glitch. Still, it has to be incredibly frustrating, and Hunt's should have found a way to close the lots on time (those that were not impacted, anyway).

I just hate it when these auction houses "play" with the rules and extend their closings. But sometimes these things workk to your advantage... now that the other guy is removed from the "Collins market", the next one could be nicer (and go for less). Anyway... good luck in your quest!
I know what you're saying, but he wouldn't be waiting until the last seconds of extended time, imo. You're right.. The one positive is one less competitor in the Collins market.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
I know what you're saying, but he wouldn't be waiting until the last seconds of extended time, imo. You're right.. The one positive is one less competitor in the Collins market.
Most likely not (and time probably would have expired). But there was a guy in the last Legendary Auction who took pleasure in doing just this. He would wait until there were 2 seconds remaining, before bumping up the bid. He must have done it at least 5 times ,and significanty drove the prices up.

If this other guy was prepared to go $1K on the Pat Collins (which he obviously was), there's a good chance he was doing the same exact thing, in hopes that his competition had walked away from the computer. Who knows... it may have been the same guy as in Legendary
Old 09-15-2011, 12:36 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Most likely not (and time probably would have expired). But there was a guy in the last Legendary Auction who took pleasure in doing just this. He would wait until there were 2 seconds remaining, before bumping up the bid. He must have done it at least 5 times ,and significanty drove the prices up.

If this other guy was prepared to go $1K on the Pat Collins (which he obviously was), there's a good chance he was doing the same exact thing, in hopes that his competition had walked away from the computer. Who knows... it may have been the same guy as in Legendary
That would be a total nightmare... Certainly worthing of being taken to the woodshed.

Like I said, we got into a bidding war beginning at 10:26 and neither one of us let it get under 15 minutes left before out-bidding the other.

Gosh, I'm still very frustrated 16 hours later.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:44 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

It would be eating away at me too...

Just know that with patience (a quality that I'm lacking) another better one will eventually surface.

There have been countless times that I've experienced a heart-breaking loss, only to acquire a better example later (often at a lower price). It all depends upon who you're bidding against (and who sees it).
Old 09-15-2011, 01:28 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
It would be eating away at me too...

Just know that with patience (a quality that I'm lacking) another better one will eventually surface.

There have been countless times that I've experienced a heart-breaking loss, only to acquire a better example later (often at a lower price). It all depends upon who you're bidding against (and who sees it).
Thanks.. I, too, am very impatient. I might have a lead on another Collins, but depends on the owner is willing to cut up an album page.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Thanks Mike, I am sure you're right. Maybe I'll take the Collins budget and start a Gehrig budget with it
You might not only find a better one, but it might also cost you less. Auction results are driven by having at least two spirited bidders. The key is to find an item with lest bidding "action". Patience is a virtue....
Old 10-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Default Another Pat Collins autograph available . . .

in the current Hunt Internet auction (ends 11-16-2011).

LOT 395
Description: Pat Collins cut signature, 1927 New York Yankees, d.1960 (EX/MT). 2"x3.5" cut signed by Pat Collins in blue ink. Signature rates 8 out of 10. Collins is a desirable autograph as he was the catcher for the Legendary 1927 New York Yankees Champion team. He died in 1960. The cut signature displays very well (minor scrapbook residue on back): EX/MT

http://www.huntauctions.com/phone/im...93&lot_num=395