NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 01-25-2018, 06:36 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Default Sammy Sosa

What the hell did he do to himself?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sammy-sosa.jpg (29.5 KB, 170 views)
Old 01-25-2018, 07:15 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
What the hell did he do to himself?
Same thing Michael Jackson did?
Old 01-26-2018, 05:18 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Apparently not unheard of in places like the D.R. where rich people pay big bucks to have their skin lightened. Don’t know if underground or official medical procedures in hospitals but have seen a few articles about it. Human nature. Wanting to somehow show you are better or more special than the guy living down the steeet. Very sad of course that people internalize this prejudicial stuff to this degree that they are willing to screw up their own body.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-26-2018 at 05:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:33 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

I'll bid $12 for the hat on the right.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:37 AM

He probably has vitiligo. Michael Jackson had it as well. If you know what vitiligo is, then you know a person would probably prefer to even it out if they have the funds to do so. Not really something to make fun of it that's the case.

Last edited by packs; 01-26-2018 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:41 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

In Sammy Sosa’s native Dominican Republic, the desire and everyday struggle to be fair is the stuff of legends. Black and light, and the right shade of light, underlie much of the societal tensions amongst the peoples of Hispaniola, with Haitians in the West and dark skinned Dominicans regarded unequivocally as less-than. So it should not be surprising that the formerly black Sammy Sousa is now a lighter version of himself.

Skin whitening has a long history in the Dominican Republic, as author Junot Diaz reminds us in “The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao“, with his reference to former dictator Rafael Trujillo, “who bleached his skin, wore platform shoes, and had a fondness for Napoleon-era haberdashery.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/phill..._b_380323.html
Old 01-26-2018, 09:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
He probably has vitiligo. Michael Jackson had it as well. If you know what vitiligo is, then you know a person would probably prefer to even it out if they have the funds to do so. Not really something to make fun of it that's the case.
Let's be clear about the "even it out" part. There are whiteners that will even it out, BUT there are also darkeners that will even it out too.

No doubt that with all Michael Jackson's plastic surgeries, he wanted to look white.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:55 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I dont know if MJ had vitiligo or not. I know he claimed he did and he also claimed he never had any plastic surgery, that his appearance was all from just natural aging. The man was a pathological liar.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:01 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I dont know if MJ had vitiligo or not. I know he claimed he did and he also claimed he never had any plastic surgery, that his appearance was all from just natural aging. The man was a pathological liar and child molester.
I corrected it for you
Old 01-26-2018, 10:50 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I corrected it for you
Thank you
Old 01-26-2018, 11:54 AM
Dave Foster

I think you are all wrong. I'm betting he has a post BB job working at a Gold Medal factory and fell into a vat of flour.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Richard L.

Here is another, I would have never recognized him now if he bumped into me! The ears match correct? lol

53750a7f03be5a0c50d31de4ce05e4c4.jpg

Last edited by nsaddict; 01-26-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Is he morphing into Jose Canseco?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 800px-Jose_Canseco_2009.jpg (74.5 KB, 105 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:57 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

I have vitiligo but thankfully you can't really tell with my pasty british genes. It would be a nightmare for any person with tan skin or darker though. I think Sammy probably does have it and I would do the same thing he has if that's the case. Also probably helps from people recognizing him which would be very convenient for a celebrity.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:09 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsaddict View Post
Here is another, I would have never recognized him now if he bumped into me! The ears match correct? lol

Attachment 303503
Also, if it's not a camera flash, it seems he is wearing colored contact lenses too
Old 01-29-2018, 05:43 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post
I have vitiligo but thankfully you can't really tell with my pasty british genes. It would be a nightmare for any person with tan skin or darker though. I think Sammy probably does have it and I would do the same thing he has if that's the case. Also probably helps from people recognizing him which would be very convenient for a celebrity.
My uncle(dads brother) has vitiligo really bad. Being naturally tan it really sticks out on him. He has big white patches all over his body and is so bad he can't go outside without being totally covered. Even the CFL bulbs burn him inside the house if they don't have some kind of cover over them.