NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Default Would anyone here bid on lot # 5 in the REA auction if you had the money?

I know I would consider it (no I do not have the money for this)...really different and super nice!!!

LOT 5: 1912 Boston Garter Uncut Panel of Four Cards Including Frank Chance and Fred Clarke

Last edited by Zone91; 05-09-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Pete Sycks

Never heard of that auction, tell me more.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

sycks22

Just trying to point out a very cool item that I never saw before!!! Not everyone has been around for a long time this is my 1st REA auction so yes for me it is special and also very fun!!!

I can bet you where just as exited your 1st REA auction!!! I get to see things I did not know existed in the vintage baseball world...how can that not be fun!!!

Last edited by Zone91; 05-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

It's not a t206... this thread belongs in another section

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 05-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Tom Boblitt

The Boston Garter piece would be a centerpiece for anyone on this board and is owned by a former (and maybe current?) interesting board member. Apparently a one-of-a-kind item. As they said on Seinfeld, 'it's real and it's spectacular'.........or something like that.....
Old 05-09-2013, 02:49 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

There was a tagent in another thread about the item.

As I posted there, I would not be a buyer of that item. Guys in their underwear draws the line for me in this hobby. I wouldn't buy (other than to resell) for $100.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:01 PM
David Pierson
Banned

It doesn't excite me either. I can think of thousands and thousands of other cards I would rather spend the bucks on. Dave
Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM

Zone- why don't you limit all of your REA thoughts to one thread. In fact, why don't you limit ALL of your random thoughts (threads you start on your own) to one single thread, it'll be the official Zone91 Thread. I am being sincere here, not sarcastic. you seem very passionate, which is cool, but cluttering up the pages of N54 with all of your random thoughts/questions is getting a little tired. condense, consolidate.

Last edited by MVSNYC; 05-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Zone- why don't you limit all of your REA thoughts to one thread. In fact, why don't you limit ALL of your random thoughts (threads you start on your own) to one single thread, it'll be the official Zone91 Thread. I am being sincere here, not sarcastic. you seem very passionate, which is cool, but cluttering up the pages of N54 with all of your random thoughts/questions is getting a little tired.
THAT is a brilliant idea! Adrian can post to his hearts content and others can join in or just pass it by. What say you, Leon? Dave. THE ZONE 91 Thread!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Tony Quinn

Quote:
Zone- why don't you limit all of your REA thoughts to one thread. In fact, why don't you limit ALL of your random thoughts (threads you start on your own) to one single thread, it'll be the official Zone91 Thread. I am being sincere here, not sarcastic. you seem very passionate, which is cool, but cluttering up the pages of N54 with all of your random thoughts/questions is getting a little tired. condense, consolidate.
+1 This is just getting silly. Would you buy this if you had the money? What kind of question is that? If I had enough money I would buy EVERYTHING in EVERY auction and have the world's greatest collection!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
The game-used sub forum hasn't gotten much action lately - why don't we just replace it with a Zone sub-forum? We could call it 'In the Zone', or maybe use a double entendre like 'End Zone'?
Old 05-09-2013, 03:25 PM

I've since added the words "condense, consolidate", which i think says it.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Paul

Not interested -- it's guys in socks without pants on. I have tons of cards already in my collection that I'd rather have.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 05-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Not interested -- it's guys in socks without pants on. I have tons of cards already in my collection that I'd rather have.
It could be worse - some jock itch cream company could have had the same idea.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
THAT is a brilliant idea! Adrian can post to his hearts content and others can join in or just pass it by. What say you, Leon? Dave. THE ZONE 91 Thread!
I was out for the last 4-5 hours on business. I missed his 28 posts today....but obviously no one else did.

Actually Dave, you have this backwards. Adrian can now (just now) read all he wants to. Posting, not so much. Adrian agreed to 15 posts a day. He has 28 posts today and that will be all for a while. LL
Old 05-09-2013, 04:27 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Ok
Old 05-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
Ok
I am PM'ing with Adrian. I still like him. He will be back but there has to be some way so that he isn't driving a lot of members crazy. I think he is a great guy....maybe some medicine to calm down or something.... I don't know.....I wish I had his energy .
Old 05-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Miguel Sz@b@nĄ&

Its too bad he can't control his postings. He brings a much needed comedy relief to my work day.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Ja,mie B.

Yeah, Adrian was pretty funny this time around. Must say that I was enjoying it...
Old 05-09-2013, 07:37 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Same here. Seemed like an abnormally slow day on the board, so early on the good doctor and myself were goofing off on a noob thread...amenities were made. Adrian, later on in another thread, made the day for me with his own stuff.

Leon, you have the poor task of being a traffic cop at an egalitarian intersection.