NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Craig M

Z

You seem to have your act together.

Do you find that as the auction gets closer to the final bell, that your consumption of non-alcoholic beverages increases or decreases throughout the day?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Craig M

I keep it at a steady pace...lolll!!! I have been sober since April 26th 2010...I NEVER touch alcohol anymore or any other type of drogue for over 15 years. My drogues of choice now is my hobby and caffeine. Alcoholism runs in my family on both sides I saw to many bad things hence why I do not drink anymore.

Drinking is NO good for people with mental disorders!! Took me a while to figure that out but GLAD I did!!

Post # 3

Last edited by Zone91; 05-18-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone91 View Post
So what are guys doing today to keep the nerves down about the final few hours of the REA auctions...hoping to win the items you guys bid on?

Me what relaxes me is a big glass of diet coke with ice and some good music!!! Just went to visit my cards at the bank vault this morning I am very happy with the cards I have gotten....hope to add a few nice things today if all stays the course at the REA. Went to visit my niece afterwords as well hope very much she will get involved in this hobby with me as she gets older she is almost 2 years old so I will start her off pretty soon on some baseball card boxes....she will likely have more fun with the wrappers than the cards.

This is a good day to be a collector I am having a ball!!! I am so glad to be part of this hobby and no longer the coin hobby this is truly a great great hobby!!!

Post # 2
What's wrong with the coin collecting hobby. Isn't that what financed your card purchases?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
So what are guys doing today to keep the nerves down about the final few hours of the REA auctions...hoping to win the items you guys bid on?

Me what relaxes me is a big glass of diet coke with ice and some good music!!! Just went to visit my cards at the bank vault this morning I am very happy with the cards I have gotten....hope to add a few nice things today if all stays the course at the REA. Went to visit my niece afterwords as well hope very much she will get involved in this hobby with me as she gets older she is almost 2 years old so I will start her off pretty soon on some baseball card boxes....she will likely have more fun with the wrappers than the cards.

This is a good day to be a collector I am having a ball!!! I am so glad to be part of this hobby and no longer the coin hobby this is truly a great great hobby!!!

Post # 2
I find that not bidding on stuff helps my nerves enormously.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

auggiedoggy

lolllllll indeed it did and I was one of LUCKY ones most loss money in that hobby (do you know how one becomes a millionaire in coin collecting one starts off with 2$ million dollars then ends up with 1$ million dollars left after selling all his coins)....the people are always pissed about something and a lot of hatters as well. Bad bad hobby to be in for a young motivated man or any young man....it is for grumpy and bitter old men. Very bad environment!!! I am not really nervous just having fun and so far I have yet to be out bid...actually almost no one is even bidding on my items...good or bad sign does not matter I like those items.

Post # 4

Last edited by Zone91; 05-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Craig M

Z

oh, sorry to hear.

I find that a small glass of wine a couple of hours before auctions end, changes the mind therefore enhancing your perspective in those final moments. I end up winning more than not; I don't know why that is.

...then when the auction is over, I end up finishing off the bottle.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Craig M

Hahaha that was funny!!! Glad some can enjoy alcohol I can't and NEVER will be able to I can't just have one drink I want the whole bottle and then some....I can party 7 days a week easy and blow a lot of money doing it....I do not miss it at all and very much enjoy having the money as well. All my friends still party almost every day I do not hang around them anymore for years now....yes they all work mostly on construction.

Post # 5

Last edited by Zone91; 05-18-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:12 AM
James Wymer

Adrian I quit drinking a bit more than 15 years ago. I was a terrible drunk. My life is much better now and I can say it gets much easier as the years go by. Congrats on your sobriety and there is no reason for you to reply save your posts for something else.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 05-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Wymers

I feel you!!! I could tell you all the stories in my life under the spell of alcohol but you would not believe them (I never had any parents almost or family so you can imagine sky was the limit in my way of ''living'')....it was that bad!!! All my friends are either in jail/prison (for bad bad things), dead (I have been to...to many funerals for any man my age) or ''functional'' drug addicts.

I had a choice to make either die, end up in prison for the rest of my life or make a better life I chose to make a better life and I thank God for it every single day!!!

Of ALL my friends I am the only one that has all his stuff in order and that has not been involved with the law (by pure luck in some cases and street smarts in other cases). I am not proud of any of this stuff but we don't all get dealt the same cards in this life!! In the end it is what you do with the cards you where dealt that matters and that is what makes you a man or not.

I have no more ''friends'' I have my hobbies and my family (whatever is left of it that is) and my pet (same pet since 1994 yes he is 19 years old)...and I am more than happy with just that and at peace with this new life style.

Post # 6

Last edited by Zone91; 05-18-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Guy Bourque

Zone, Leon should up your post limit to 30, I really enjoy reading your posts, you sound like a great young man who really have a passion for this hobby.

Continue ton bon travail!
Guy
Old 05-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

guy3050

Thanks....but if Leon says 15 max a day then I will respect that it is what it is...but I do appreciate your comment!!!

It is for the better of the community as a whole and I understand that and respect that!!!

Post # 8

Last edited by Zone91; 05-18-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

guy3050

Like in the movie American Gangster...one actor (Mafia boss) said social order is more important than any single human life (note I said human since Jesus Christ is not included in this list of course even if he was human here on Earth)....hence me in this case here in this baseball card community!!!

And the guy who said that in that movie was absolutely correct...Leon must keep order at all costs here on his website...he can't let one single member jeopardize the whole community!!!

Post # 9

Last edited by Zone91; 05-18-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:45 PM

Default Bids

Less than 2 hours to post your initial bid!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 05:25 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
Zone, Leon should up your post limit to 30, I really enjoy reading your posts, you sound like a great young man who really have a passion for this hobby.

Continue ton bon travail!
Guy
The REA Auction is the High Holy Day of the baseball card hobby; I think Leon should make a special dispensation to Adrian on account of it, and up his post count for today at least. He can have my fifteen posts if he wants.

Vive Le Québec Libre! Laissez les bon temps roulez.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Al Richter

Default Adrian

Mine too...whatever I have...if any
Old 05-18-2013, 05:41 PM

Looks like not much extended bidding activity...except for the top high end items.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Thanks guys!!! I am in the chat room so I can talk as much as I humanly want. Yes today is a good day for baseball and the hobby!!! And I am having more fun today than I ever had on say Canada day.....by a LONG shot to!!!

Post # 13

Last edited by Zone91; 05-18-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:24 PM
N.ate A.dams

For those of you who won't be purchasing the Boston Garter panel, here is an alternative option. I have an older wooden Sports Cards box where I store some cards, and I put this in there!

Tools needed: Tape, Scissors, and a 75 LB 2013 REA Catalog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130518_201931.jpg (71.6 KB, 109 views)
Old 05-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Thanks guys!!! I am in the chat room so I can talk as much as I humanly want. Yes today is a good day for baseball and the hobby!!! And I am having more fun today than I ever had on say Canada day.....by a LONG shot to!!!

Post # 13
We might have to impose a 'words per minute' limit.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Steve

Default Zone can have my posts, too

Patiently waiting to bid tonight.

I'm happy to see Zone's enthusiasm.

Good luck all,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
The REA Auction is the High Holy Day of the baseball card hobby; I think Leon should make a special dispensation to Adrian on account of it, and up his post count for today at least. He can have my fifteen posts if he wants.

Vive Le Québec Libre! Laissez les bon temps roulez.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Brass rat

Thanks I am having a ball this evening FULL of energy and will stay up till much later this evening most likely go to bed around 2h00am.

Post # 14
Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:

Post # 2

Out of curiousity, why do you number your posts?

Mike