NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Mikeknapp

Default Christmas Gifts?

Merry Christmas to all of you. 2014 has been a great year for me. You all have been both educating and entertaining me all year. I am very pleased to be a member of this community. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season.

Did anyone receive any gifts of memorabilia to add to their collection? My wife surprised me by purchasing this photo for me. It is now one of my favorite shots in my original photo collection. I love pictures that tell a story. This one captures the on field pandemonium following Mazeroski’s Oct. 13, 1960 Game 7 walk-off homer. Every time I look at it I see something new. The contrast between Maz being joyously pummeled by well-wishers at home plate and Ralph Terry walking away head down in defeat is poignant. I think the way the crowd has parted for him is very classy. Casey Stengel’s last moments on a baseball field wearing a Yankee uniform are captured on the lower left. How did General Manager Joe L. Brown get to home plate so fast? He can be seen in the middle of the scrum wearing a garish checkered blazer and euphorically choking Maz. His father, comedian Joe E. Brown, was one of the first celebrity sports memorabilia collectors. Speaking of memorabilia collectors, I wonder what happened to the base the guy on the left is stealing, and what in the heck is the souvenir vendor with the pennants doing on the field? Why are all the police dressed in black ignoring the crowd spilling onto the field and running toward home plate? Why are some of the holding their night sticks? Maybe they were Yankee fans?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Graphic1.jpg (78.0 KB, 411 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 12-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Dan Bretta

Great pic Mike! My brother (also named Mike) picked up this lot for me and really threw me for quite the surprise today when I opened up the package. 1952 Colorado Sky Sox Globe Printing Co album with a complete set (16 of 19 signed by the players)...there was also another near complete set 18 of 19 that are unsigned plus 10 extra doubles/triples, etc. Also included was a bat pencil, comb and hankie, all from the Sky Sox. Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera is at work and I'm not good with my phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skysox3.jpg (59.1 KB, 388 views)
File Type: jpg skysox1.jpg (76.1 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg skysox2.jpg (71.8 KB, 387 views)
File Type: jpg skysox4.jpg (72.0 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg skysox5.jpg (73.4 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg skysox6.jpg (63.4 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg skysox7.jpg (67.6 KB, 384 views)
Old 12-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Great pic Mike! My brother (also named Mike) picked up this lot for me and really threw me for quite the surprise today when I opened up the package. 1952 Colorado Sky Sox Globe Printing Co album with a complete set (16 of 19 signed by the players)...there was also another near complete set 18 of 19 that are unsigned plus 10 extra doubles/triples, etc. Also included was a bat pencil, comb and hankie, all from the Sky Sox. Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera is at work and I'm not good with my phone.
Amazing how people used to be able sign a legible autograph.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Mikeknapp

Dan you must hive great brother. That certainly could not have been easy to find.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

Old 12-25-2014, 09:44 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

My Sister-in-Law gave me a 1951 American Association Who's-Who and record book. It has a bio on all the players from all the teams, including a kid named Willie Mays of the Minneapolis Millers. I can't wait until tomorrow to relax and read through this thing...
Old 12-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Dan you must hive great brother. That certainly could not have been easy to find.
My brother has found some amazing items that are in my collection. He knows my collection well and he knows how to find stuff like this.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Brandon

Received an autographed cut of Wagner nicely framed with photo as well as 3 endorsed store model vintage mitts. Also received some homemade wooden glove stands to display my collection! I'm lucky to have an extremely thoughtful family that find items dedicated to each others interest for Christmas. Happy Holidays to you all and your families.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00893.jpg (64.7 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00903.jpg (78.3 KB, 354 views)
Old 12-26-2014, 08:13 AM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Nothing really exciting this year as far as the collection goes. My brother did pick this up for me at an antique store. He said he had my wife look in my room to see if I had this one.

[ATTACH]. [/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.8 KB, 312 views)
Old 12-26-2014, 08:24 AM

Default BamVino

Mike,
Awesome photo! Tell your wife congrats for finding that one for you.

Definitely not prewar, but my business partner found me a cool modern piece that combines my love of Tigers baseball and wine. It's called a BamVino.
I have no idea where I'm going to put this badboy, but it is a lot of fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BamVino.jpg (33.3 KB, 307 views)
Old 12-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Clint

Nice gifts everyone. Dan those are really cool. Now go tell your brother to find us the Lincoln and Wichita versions. 😄
Old 12-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
Nice gifts everyone. Dan those are really cool. Now go tell your brother to find us the Lincoln and Wichita versions. ��
If only they existed. You never know though, Globe seems to be an issue with new teams being discovered every few years.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 12-26-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Belltown Vintage

I didn't get any, but I gave this old Spalding jersey to my brother. He pitched for Littleon High School, and the purple color is correct.

It arrived on his doorstep with the end of the medium USPS Priority box ripped off, one side flat with a skid mark all the way down it. But the jersey was undamaged.

Last edited by Runscott; 09-10-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:42 AM
jdunevant

Not quite memorabilia, but some custom 'art' from my daughter. St Louis Browns, Cardinals StL logo from late teens, and a Rams. Goes with my Cardinals, Blues & a St Louis skyline from last year. Note, the Browns needs modification; she did the fleur de lis upside down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sports Art Browns StL Rams.jpg (79.3 KB, 300 views)
Old 12-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Mike,
Awesome photo! Tell your wife congrats for finding that one for you.

Definitely not prewar, but my business partner found me a cool modern piece that combines my love of Tigers baseball and wine. It's called a BamVino.
I have no idea where I'm going to put this badboy, but it is a lot of fun!
That dude has HUGE hands!
Old 12-30-2014, 07:50 PM

My wife gave me a 1940 Play Ball Walter Johnson card - the last card I needed to complete that set. Now, on to the 1941s (that will be my set for 2015).
Old 12-31-2014, 12:12 AM
Mikeknapp

I just received this totally unexpected gift in the mail from David (seattlerainiers). Thanks David that was very classy of you. It's random acts of kindness and camaraderie like this that keeps me coming back to this hobby.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gibson_Cepeda.jpg (69.5 KB, 170 views)

Old 12-31-2014, 10:51 AM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker1b2 View Post
Nothing really exciting this year as far as the collection goes. My brother did pick this up for me at an antique store. He said he had my wife look in my room to see if I had this one.

[ATTACH]. [/ATTACH]

Did you guys get that in point pleasant? If so - that's my family's shop.
Matt

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 12-31-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I just received this totally unexpected gift in the mail from David (seattlerainiers). Thanks David that was very classy of you. It's random acts of kindness and camaraderie like this that keeps me coming back to this hobby.
Mike

Those are great pictures. Since I was small then, I still remember the cool look of photos of 60's and 70's. Good to see a look into personal life of Bob and Orlando.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:08 AM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGHPro View Post
Did you guys get that in point pleasant? If so - that's my family's shop.
Matt
Hey Matt. Yes he did, have bought several items there over the years and really enjoy that store alot. That's funny it's your family shop.

Last edited by parker1b2; 12-31-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Default I've got the BEST Wife!!!

My Christmas present!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.8 KB, 72 views)
Old 01-01-2015, 12:12 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
My Christmas present!!!
That is an absolute gorgeous piece!!!