NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Default B/S/T on main thread?

Posted By: Max Weder

The card forum has a policy of B/S/T posts on the side forum to keep its traffic clear.

We clearly don't have the problem of too much traffic here. What are people's thoughts on posting B/S/T's on the main thread if they wish? Many posts that people make on the card thread seem designed to solicit action ("Does anybody have a scan of X?" or "what set is likely to increase in value? --typically the set is for sale the next day on ebay), so by having the posts on the main thread, we avoid any of those subtleties. Thoughts?

Max

Always buying interesting and early baseball books, fiction and non-fiction, and any interesting bookends and doorstops, including the feline variety

Old 06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Don't we already have a memorabilia section in B/S/T?

And the bigger question is who is in charge of this forum- Leon, or do the inmates run the asylum?

Old 06-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Barry

We do have a Memorabilia section in the main B/S/T section, but I don't see any harm in double dipping.

As for the inmates running the asylum, I've always viewed net54 (well, the card forum anyway) as a little like the Marat-Sade.

Max

Old 06-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

That bad?

Old 06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Barry, no need to guess what part I played in our university production

Old 06-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I will leave it up to ya'll. I don't mind a BST thread in this section if ya'll want. Ya'll make the rules and I will just hang out. ....fair enough?

Old 06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jimmy

Not sure how that would work, I read the two main boards to get away from the buying and selling aspect. It is already setup over in the B/S/T section, its just a fact cards will be a more popular topic most of the time. I think it is fine the way it is, sometimes there just too much to follow in the card thread.

Take Care Jimmy

Old 06-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Max- is that actually you (I assume it is)?

Are you Pagliacci(sp) or am I way off?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

here goes another Seinfeld tirade...........all I see is Elaine spraying binaca in Joe Davola's face........

Old 06-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

and deliniate (sp?) the items a little more like.......

Advertising
Bats
Balls
Gloves
Photos
Pennants
Misc

Old 06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Administrator

It was cherry binaca, and when she bumped into Davola at the opera dressed like Pagliacci she noticed he had a cherry smell.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Administrator

I will defer to the board for the final decision but I think anymore than 1 thread and the already well used B/S/T for the main board would be too split up and not have enough action.....Personally I would just use the main board memorabilia section but if ya'll want a thread on here for it then so be it.....I don't think we have reached a consensus yet....

Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure there will be so much activity that we will need a separate thread, but I'm certainly not against it.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John Harrell

I don't have strong feelings one way or another on this issue. I don't think it would affect the main thread that much, but then I was never bothered by it on the main card thread.

John

Old 06-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Barry

Photo 'twas me. Unfortunately, it was the role of the Marquis de Sade.

As for b/s/t in main thread, it was more that some tolerance for indicating wants in a thread (in memorabilia, I think the tendency is more pronounced to buy what we post on)and not getting fussed about it. I don't think we need a separate b/s/t thread on the main board. And perhaps if someone is going to post a want (ie Max buys old books), then it should be done in the context of informing the board about some aspect of their want (ie many books have pretty covers, or something a little more profound)

Max

Old 06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Originally, before the large Buy/Sell/Trade section was built, our "methodology" for a BST area on the board was to have a single thread for ALL catagories that simply kept getting bumped up everytime someone posted to it. A lot of people liked having it this way because it kept things simple to find and they could just scroll to the bottom of the thread to look at the new items/requests.

One concern I think might crop up with starting such a thread now is the duplication of efforts that would cause. At one point, when opinions on the forum were divided, we actually had two boards - one run by Bill, the other by Leon. Each had it's own BST section. This was a concern because people felt they had to be constantly checking two different areas for the latest items and they felt as though they had to post their items in both places just in case a potential buyer should check one spot and not the other. People might feel the same sort of frustration here too, however, like Leon said - whatever you all want is fine. I think there will obviously be both pros and cons to having it.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Brian makes a good point. I doubt anyone on this forum doesn't check the main BST pages memorabilia section. If we start a thread in this main forum for memorabilia it will almost force you to post it twice.....as there are quite a few folks who don't check this forum and DO check the B/S/T pages. I have the numbers to show it....I almost forgot about having to double post your BST stuff....and again as Brian says we'll leave it up to ya'll....So far I haven't seen one argument on this side. Ya'll play so nicely. I wish my other kids did....

Old 06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

if there was a BST thread here that would be great.

Even if the same item was listed in the main BST.

when I visit this section it almost seems more serene, and I am immediately in memorabilia mode.
Seeing stuff available for sale would work well I believe.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Administrator

If ya'll want to start a memorabilia B/S/T thread on this forum it is absolutely ok with Brian and I. Go for it when ready. Quite honestly we would not let it go on, on the card board side as there are just too many BST posts...plus, we feel the main B/S/T is pretty darn good the way we have it.....I won't chime in again unless asked to....