NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-22-2018, 08:53 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Auction house shipping times - very interesting

So, I recently won lots in 3 auctions - Heritage ended in April, REA and Small Traditions.

Payments were withdrawn from my account on the following dates and the items were shipped/received on the following dates:

REA - funds withdrawn May 21st, items received May 21st - unbelievable!

Small Traditions - funds withdrawn May 15th, notice of delivery with tracking expected to receive tomorrow May 23rd - very reasonable

Heritage - funds withdrawn May 7th. Still no package (it was 1 card) - unacceptable. I called and spoke with someone this morning who communicated -"it should have been shipped out last week" - she was going to make some noise to see what was going on with my card and e-mail me to let me know. I believe that was about 30+ minutes ago - no email yet.

I know REA has a stunning reputation for rapid shipping. Anyone have similar not so good experience with Heritage?
Old 05-22-2018, 09:07 AM
Al Jurgela

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
So, I recently won lots in 3 auctions - Heritage ended in April, REA and Small Traditions.

Payments were withdrawn from my account on the following dates and the items were shipped/received on the following dates:

REA - funds withdrawn May 21st, items received May 21st - unbelievable!

Small Traditions - funds withdrawn May 15th, notice of delivery with tracking expected to receive tomorrow May 23rd - very reasonable

Heritage - funds withdrawn May 7th. Still no package (it was 1 card) - unacceptable. I called and spoke with someone this morning who communicated -"it should have been shipped out last week" - she was going to make some noise to see what was going on with my card and e-mail me to let me know. I believe that was about 30+ minutes ago - no email yet.

I know REA has a stunning reputation for rapid shipping. Anyone have similar not so good experience with Heritage?
+1 REA Super Fast... Had to wait 3 weeks for Heritage and 3 phone calls to customer service. Disappointed.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:11 AM
Peter Spaeth

Heritage can be on the slow side, but it doesn't bother me because I am not in a rush and if I get a good buy I am fine with waiting since I know what to expect. Plus you get a lifetime supply of packing peanuts.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-22-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:24 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

I've had mixed results with Heritage. Most recently shipping seemed a bit slow, but I have also had them ship my items almost the same day they received my payment.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 05-22-2018, 09:48 AM

I've only had good experiences with Heritage, but I'm usually only buying single cards from their weekly Sunday auctions. Every time that I've paid on a Monday, I've had the cards by the weekend.

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre
Old 05-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Well at least they are doing what they can to make it right

They emailed me (as stated) that they will be sending out overnight and apologized.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:45 PM
Ben Silva
Ben Sil.va

My first few Heritage orders were slow, but now that they've upgraded me to their "ship prior to receiving payment" option, they've been pretty fast.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:46 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

I agree with Rich. I think Heritage is great.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:26 PM

Heritage sometimes takes longer...from my experience, within week to week and a half after payment... but it is always packed and shipped very carefully (as Peter said...with lots o peanuts). I'm okay with their time.

REA is fast... within one week I usually have it.

Love of the Game also very fast too...

Ricky Y
Old 05-22-2018, 07:45 PM
Frank Evanov

Default Heritage shipping sucks

I paid my REA bill one day AFTER I received my winnings (over $10K).

I paid Heritage on April 21st (under $10K), was charged $58 for shipping 7 graded cards and received my items on May 19th. I grade them PSA 1 (poor). Their shipping dept. should be put to the lash.

PLUS: I go to sign in today on their site via PayPal and get this crap:

WTF?
Old 05-22-2018, 08:11 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensie View Post
My first few Heritage orders were slow, but now that they've upgraded me to their "ship prior to receiving payment" option, they've been pretty fast.
I got a message like this on my winnings from this past auction. Will see how long it takes to receive.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:44 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
I got a message like this on my winnings from this past auction. Will see how long it takes to receive.
Winnings arrived today. One of the highlights...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0007.jpg (77.1 KB, 141 views)
Old 05-29-2018, 05:51 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantlefan View Post
I paid my REA bill one day AFTER I received my winnings (over $10K).

I paid Heritage on April 21st (under $10K), was charged $58 for shipping 7 graded cards and received my items on May 19th. I grade them PSA 1 (poor). Their shipping dept. should be put to the lash.

PLUS: I go to sign in today on their site via PayPal and get this crap:

WTF?
I don't mean no harm, but as a consignor I would be leery of someone sending out my items before receiving payment.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:21 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I don't mean no harm, but as a consignor I would be leery of someone sending out my items before receiving payment.
Why? It's not your risk.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Why? It's not your risk.
I agree. As a consignor if the AH wants to take liability for one of their customers payments i don't care. As long as they send my consignment check on time I am fine.