NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2018, 03:26 PM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
I also thought the final price was pretty strong. I know the set is extremely rare, but the star power of the set does not compare to the Wrestling All-Stars. Other than Dr. D. and, to a lesser extent, Robert Gibson, Dennis Condrey and Bobby Eaton, most of the names in the set are not going to be recognizable to fans of today. Even Haku is not going to be recognizable to casual collectors under the "Prince Tonga" moniker.

Most of the stuff in my collection are cards where collectors can't be picky about condition because they come up for sale/auction so infrequently. I don't know how familiar you are with old timey baseball cards, but I love the "character" of 1915 Cracker Jack cards that are stained with caramel residue showing that they were obviously in packages of Cracker Jacks at some point rather than pristine examples that obviously were dispensed through the mail-in option that was also available for the set.

I have written this on here before, but I love cards that may show up only once a decade so much more than 52 Topps Mantle's or T206 Cpbb's that can be had any day of the week if a collector is simply willing to spend the money. My heart skips a beat when I get an occasional e-mail notification that one of my eBay alerts has gone off. Some of my favorite cards are $200 cards that I have only ever seen for sale/at auction one time. Based on how elusive the Rax cards are, I fully understand why it is such a cool set to hunt down.

Yes I am familiar with the Cracker Jack cards and I think it is great when you see some that survived and are in nice condition with the natural staining.

These unfortunately have paper loss but that said if you want the cards you can't be super picky. My situation was perfect because I got the chance at nice cads and they were nice cards.

There are really not any other cards from the modern era of professional wrestling that you can't find in a short period of time in some form. That is one of the really cool things about older wrestling cards like Rob collects where something might not surface for years or you find a new card you didn't even know existed. Collecting is fun on so many different levels.