NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Ed McCollum

Default OT – How do you tell eBay they've screwed up?

Last night at home, and again this morning at work, I've discovered that my eBay search for cards no longer is allowed. Seems they now limit your search terms to 100 characters or spaces. To help weed out all the stuff I didn't want to see, mine was at 207. I looked online to see if they had a complaint section, but I'm not finding one.

Anyone else have this problem come up and does anyone know a workaround? My average number of items in a search come up to 2,100. It is now around 6,000. ARGGGGHHHHH!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Had this too. This is horrible!

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 06-05-2013, 08:26 AM
C.hris Bl.and

They are doing that because they don't want people to weed anything out. Sucks.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 06-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Banned

to answer the question on how to tell ebay they've screw up?

you don't, they don't care. that's the problem of dealing with ebay.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:22 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Well, if ebay doesn't want us weeding out all the mislisted crap in our searches. Maybe we should just start reporting all the mislistings, and make their lives hell having to sort through all the shit too... One thing for sure that I'm tired of is the Conlon type garbage being listed by the years of the photos. Their pre-war section is flooded with bullshit. Noramally, the long -(search) did the trick. But from time to time, it won't even let me do that without listing something specific outside of the -(). That always pisses me off too..
Old 06-05-2013, 11:25 AM
ßrën.døn ßig.åløw

I know, I spent an hour last night editing all my searches. Also, can someone tell me WHY THEY REMOVED THE ASTERISK FEATURE?! Life was so much easier when I could just do '-197*' and remove all cards from the 70s. Now I have to list each year and I have even less space to do it in...
Old 06-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
to answer the question on how to tell ebay they've screw up?

you don't, they don't care. that's the problem of dealing with ebay.
I think this is the correct answer. I can't see any way that eBay made this change because they thought users would prefer the move. It seems a lot like restricting viewing a best offer accepted sale price. There is no way that people would actually prefer such a change, but eBay doesn't care if people like it or not.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

I noticed it too.

and just for the record.... I am trying to "weed-in". I hate the idea of missing an item so I included, not omitted many words. Now I am forced to reduce words increasing the chance of missing something.

This week I won a great item in an old-time auction format. Sadly for the seller but good for me, they started the item so low in price, I'm sure many of the people I compete against never saw the item. They never saw the item because ebay is no longer the "must see" auction place it used to be. The item sold for much lower than it should have and they would have been better off putting it in an auction house.

Ebay really has become a secondary way for me to acquire pieces for my collection. It used to be #1 by far.

Their loss.....

Last edited by sports-rings; 06-05-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Ed McCollum

Default and maybe they've read these posts?

all back to normal tonight.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:12 AM

Default EBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
I noticed it too.

and just for the record.... I am trying to "weed-in". I hate the idea of missing an item so I included, not omitted many words. Now I am forced to reduce words increasing the chance of missing something.

This week I won a great item in an old-time auction format. Sadly for the seller but good for me, they started the item so low in price, I'm sure many of the people I compete against never saw the item. They never saw the item because ebay is no longer the "must see" auction place it used to be. The item sold for much lower than it should have and they would have been better off putting it in an auction house.

Ebay really has become a secondary way for me to acquire pieces for my collection. It used to be #1 by far.

Their loss.....
I agree completely. I am going more towards auction houses for my purchases. I really don't think the powers at eBay understand this or in fact care.

Z Wheat
Old 06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
I noticed it too.

Their loss.....
Sporting News is one of the big ones. Alot of the Conlon garbage is listed as Sporting News. So by eliminated that from searches, you're dumping a whole bunch of good stuff too...
Old 06-06-2013, 09:36 AM

Default I've told them by ...

... buying and bidding less on Ebay.

They don't care.

I really wish that everyone would put all of their cards on Check out my cards instead of Ebay. I get consistent front and back pictures. Only problem with them are the prices, but with more cards on there, those would adjust over time.

Cheers,
Patrick