NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Default help re 1922 Eastern Exhibit possible variations

Posted By: warshawlaw 

I have noticed a potential variation in the 1922 Eastern Exhibit set. I have a Cobb missing the team and league designation, which appear in a second line of print at the card bottom. I had assumed when I bought it that the card was a miscut (it measures up with my other cards), but on closer review it appears that there is no spillover from the card above the Cobb onto the card (since these are full bleed photos, if there was an off centered cut that removed the line of writing, there would be a piece of the card above the Cobb visible at the top of the Cobb; there isn't).

I had not thought "variation" until this morning when I was thumbing through my old catalogues and found the same variation depicted in the April 2002 Lipset auction catalogue (lot 208 and lot 236, which shows a postcard that uses the 1922 photo in the format that is typical). I now realize that it appears that the photo from each card was cropped differently. The variation has the top of Cobb's head visible while the "standard" card cuts it off.

Does anyone else have any of the 1922 Eastern Exhibit cards with no team and league line?

Old 01-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Default help re 1922 Eastern Exhibit possible variations

Posted By: leon

Not sure how many people will respond so figured I would. I only have a few Exhibits, a '25 Gerhig that is in a 70 holder, and a '21 Maranville.....so don't know the answer to your question. Frank W. posted a question about a Kashin Ruth he used to have (now I have it) that has a "Made in the USA" caption, in white letters, at the bottom of it. It is definitely from the mfg and is scarce.....but alas, ( love that word) no one would help in telling him if they had ever seen one. My initial thought is your Exhibit is just a scarce variation that has the same value as a regular card.....I am sure it is nice though....best regards