NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Gehrig Drew Maxx BRUTAL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lou-Gehrig-A...item2a2a72a521

The ball itself is so blatantly fake, how does that moron authenticate this.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:47 AM
Scott

He's Drew Max. That's how. Again, a piece of fancy paper means NOTHING.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Andrew L@Vine

I saw the same thing. Seeing this and autographs authenticated by ACE just makes me cringe.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 AM
Scott

Drew REJECTED a signed Dale Earnhardt tire last night, after he had been off Pawn stars for a while. Damn, hope he isn't coming back for good.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Drew REJECTED a signed Dale Earnhardt tire last night, after he had been off Pawn stars for a while. Damn, hope he isn't coming back for good.
The episode with the tire was a repeat.

Incidentally, the NASCAR guy over at Autograph Magazine Live opined the signature was good.

From what I have gathered, Max is permanently gone from Pawn Stars. They are using Rebecca Romney for historical and the sports card shop guy for sports. They both appear to be doing good work.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
My whole family were huge Earnhardt fans. I saw that episode of Pawn Stars before, and the guy with the tire said he shipped the tire to Earnhardt at RCR, then had the tire shipped back to him. I can't absolutely say that Earnhardt signed that tire, because I am not an autograph expert.

But Earnhardt was well-known for signing autograph requests he received at the shop himself. He even referenced such a thing in several interviews I saw with him. When I was younger, I wrote to Earnhardt several times at RCR and received autographed postcards in the mail. From what I remember, it took maybe six months to get a reply. Maybe I am just hugely naive and perhaps Earnhardt was lying in interviews, but it seems like if he was using a ghost signer, why not just send an item back as soon as the requests come in?

As an Earnhardt fan, the thing that was just cringe worthy about that episode for me was Corey saying that Earnhardt died blocking so his kid could win a race. Michael Waltrip won the race in which Earnhardt was killed, not Dale Jr. If the show couldn't even get a very basic fact like that correct, it is hard to put much stock in the show's opinions on autographs, either good or no good.

Last edited by Bored5000; 03-13-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Scott

Hmm. I didn't remember that episode, as I've seen every one or close to it. Thanks though, for saying its a repeat. I know the other guy has been used and the hot lady for the books. Thankfully, no more Drew.

How the Hell would you display t hat massive tire?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:

How the Hell would you display t hat massive tire?
I don't know that you would necessarily want to do this with a Dale Earnhardt signed tire (or maybe that is the owner's intent), but some race fans cover a tire with clear plastic/plexiglass and use it as a table in a race-themed room.

The other thing that stood out to me about that episode was Drew saying that Earnhardt's autograph is rare. Sure, there may be lots of fakes out there on eBay, but Earnhardt's autograph is not rare at all. Like pretty much all NASCAR drivers, he signed and signed and signed. Earnhardt would frequently have formal autograph signings and was well-known to sign through the mail for free.

http://diecastcrazy.com/community/sh...-tables-3.html

Last edited by Bored5000; 03-13-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

A single signed Gehrig on the sweet spot. Yeah, right. For $2,800.00? LOL
Old 03-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Richard Simon

I like to look at other items that sellers of bogus items have.
This guy sells jewelry mostly and has sold a Robert E Lee autograph for less than $1000 and a Jackie Robinson autograph for $208.
Fits right in with a Gehrig ball for $2800 (make offer, so he will take less).
Definitely a knowledgeable and qualified autograph dealer
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-13-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I think you guys are being unfair to Drew. Name on person in this industry that has a bigger magnifying glass.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Steve Zarelli

Despite the giant magnifying glass, he's no Sherlock Holmes.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Scott

LEAVE ME ALONE. never said I was Holmes. He uses deductive reasoning and facts. I just GUESS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drew.jpg (7.2 KB, 97 views)
Old 03-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

What are you guys talking about? Can't anyone else see what a special ball that is? Just look at the stamping....it is a CIA manufactured ball.....was probably used in some covert mission by Mr. Gehrig.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I think you guys are being unfair to Drew. Name one person in this industry that has a bigger magnifying glass.
Does size really matter??
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Does size really matter??
In your case no. What you cant see wont hurt you.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Richard Simon

Check this out, the ball gets blasted here and the seller raises the price from $2800 to $3400, what a pair this guy has.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-13-2013 at 06:16 PM.