NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 09-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Ryan

Default Stolen Autographs

Hi guys. I unfortunately had my house broken into today and some of my memorabilia was taken. They missed a lot of the better stuff, but they did grab one stack of autograph postcards I had purchased from Kirk Welch over the last couple of years. I've attached photos of the items, so if you happen to see any of them listed somewhere online I'd appreciate so much if you let me know. Not super high dollar items, but they were some of my favorite images on the postcards and I certainly don't make the kind of money that this is no big deal... I appreciate you keeping an eye out and thanks for your help!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Postcard - Bill Dickey.jpg (29.7 KB, 568 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - Billy Williams.jpg (37.4 KB, 566 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - Frank Robinson.jpg (37.8 KB, 564 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - Joe Cronin.jpg (37.6 KB, 567 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - Robin Roberts.jpg (30.0 KB, 564 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - Stan Musial.jpg (29.4 KB, 565 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - Stanley Coveleski.jpg (32.4 KB, 564 views)
File Type: jpg Postcard - Warren Spahn.jpg (43.8 KB, 563 views)
Old 09-27-2014, 05:55 AM

I'm sorry to hear about that Ryan. I'd be going nuts right now. I'll keep an eye out for you online.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:43 AM
Ryan

Thanks, John! I really appreciate it.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:06 PM
kirk welch

HEY ryan sorry to hear this , i should have a copy of all the transactions, and can make hard copy invoices , and most images , if you need for insurance just let me know , maybe can replace a few just let me know ... kirk
Old 09-28-2014, 07:39 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully they can catch the people who did it. I noticed from your post it occurred on Saturday. On Monday I would contact pawn shops and card shops/dealers in your area and alert them .
Hopefully they will not try to remove the items from the holders . First it will provide ironclad identification for them, and secondly that they will not damage the cards when trying to remove them.
Good Luck
Old 09-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Ryan

Thanks guys! I actually talked with the big memorabilia shop here in town right away and let them know what the items were so they would keep an eye out for them. The pawn shops said they typically don't take sports collectibles, but I did file a police report with all those serial numbers and they collect pawn shop receipts weekly so if they do happen to come through hopefully they will let me know.

Considering that they stole the case of beer out of my fridge too, I'm guessing these are kids that don't even have any idea what it is they took... Just keeping my fingers crossed that they will post them on Ebay still in the holders. Thanks again for your help and advice!
Old 10-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Alex

This sucks. If it is kids then hopefully they take it to the sports Store.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:25 AM
Ryan

Just saw all of these listed on Ebay! Looks like they got sold to a sports guy in the town 20 minutes south of here. I can't get any one from the investigative office at the police station to pick up right now but seems like I'll have a good shot at getting these back! Thanks to those of you who sent advice on how to track them down.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default They Sure Are All There!!

This is turning out to be a good news/interesting saga! Six days and 8 hrs. to go in auction. Congrats Ryan on good detective work!! Please keep us updated. Sincerely, Dennis
Old 10-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Steve Zarelli

Did you file a police report when they were stolen? If so, you should have no problem getting them back eventually.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:48 AM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Good news and good luck. Hopefully you will get your cards returned, and catch the guys that did this.