NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 07-02-2017, 07:24 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default Pacquio/Horn fight:

That was a good fight yesterday and for free.

However I would question the judging...afterall those same judges have just announced that the Cleveland Cavaliers won the 2017 NBA championship 4 games to 2 over Golden State
Old 07-02-2017, 11:50 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

I felt that Jeff Horn controlled most of the fight. Sure, Pacquiao did catch him with a few nice counters, however, he didn't do enough to impress the judges. Pacquiao did turn up the heat in the 9th round, and this stunned Horn. If he had kept this up for the remaining rounds, then he could have won, but he didn't.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:00 AM
Murr the Blurr

It was dead even after 10, but Horn won the last two rounds going away. I'm a huge Pac Man fan, but he clearly was out of gas after the 10th. The 115-113 scores were right on the money. The guy who had it 117-111 for Horn should be shot.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

What I saw was a shell of a once great boxer. Pacquiao moving straight back and forth, being rag dolled around the ring, and unable to do anything about it? WTF? Horn may have gotten a bit of a favorable decision based on what people expected from Manny versus what actually happened but that tells me all I need to know. He's not an elite welterweight now. He went 12 with a fringe guy; what would a Thurman or Spence do to him? I really don't want to see him Roy Jones Jr his way through a few more years.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-11-2017, 09:59 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

AP reports today:

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — An independent review of the scoring in Manny Pacquiao's contentious WBO welterweight world title loss to Jeff Horn has confirmed the outcome in favor of the Australian former schoolteacher.

A Philippines government department asked the WBO to review the refereeing and the judging of the so-called "Battle of Brisbane" in Australia on July 2 after Horn, fighting for his first world title, won a unanimous points decision against Pacquiao, an 11-time world champion.

In a statement late Monday, the WBO said three of the five independent judges who reviewed the bout awarded it to Horn, one awarded it to Pacquiao and one scored a draw.

WBO President Francisco Valcarcel asked the judges, who came from different countries and remained anonymous, to assign their own scores to rounds, saying the results would be tabulated to ascertain which rounds each fighter won using an average scale based on 100, 80 and 60 percent.

Based on the analysis, the WBO said Pacquiao won the 3rd, 8th and 9th round by 100 percent, the 5th round by 80 percent and the 11th by 60 percent. Horn was given the 1st, 6th and 12th rounds by 100 percent, the 2nd, 4th and 7th by 80 percent and the 10th by 60 percent.

"From the results, it can be established that Pacquiao won 5 rounds while Horn won 7 rounds," the WBO statement said.

A further step of combining the independent judge's scores for each round with the bout judge's scores for each round also confirmed a win for Horn, the WBO said.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-25-2017, 10:59 AM
Sam Lemoine

I've watched boxing since the early 1970's. One of the things that I have always disliked was the fact that the judges scoring is kept secret. I am a school teacher. How would my students improve if I never let them see how they performed on a test? Why not let the fighters see the scores? Let them know if they are winning or losing so they can adjust accordingly.