NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 05-09-2021, 11:17 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

My daughter is 25, Son 22. Their generation is going to be just fine. Casey was 6 when she saw 9/11 unfold in hi-def at 9am. Her comment to me recently after 14 months of Covid was "my generation is tired of living through historical events". They know the previous and current administration are full of shit. They realize gender roles and equality can produce a beautiful respectful union. They also don't like corporate greed or lazy ass people gaming the system. They know being poor sucks but they also resent lazy folks on the government victim dole while they work so hard.

I've never seen a greater respect for working class and middle class ideals in a long time. I asked her how her people viewed the vaccine. She said "we don't want to be responsible for hurting people with our decisions, what's the big deal about getting another shot". So wise.

Her people also threw a generator concert this weekend outdoors under an LA overpass and 6000 people showed up complete with random fireworks. So did police helicopters and the 6 o'clock news. They all knew that if one single post went out on SM it could be traced back, not one electronic footprint from 6000 people, smart and impressive. I was so refreshed when she showed me the video that young folks still know how to have clean healthy fun.

I love their generation, they're smart, they know what's important, they know when you're full of shit cuz they've seen it early, and I'm excited to see what kind of world they make. I might be closer to death than birth but these kids make me feel young, my only job is to encourage them. Smiley face emoji.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 05-10-2021, 05:24 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
My daughter is 25, Son 22. Their generation is going to be just fine. Casey was 6 when she saw 9/11 unfold in hi-def at 9am. Her comment to me recently after 14 months of Covid was "my generation is tired of living through historical events". They know the previous and current administration are full of shit. They realize gender roles and equality can produce a beautiful respectful union. They also don't like corporate greed or lazy ass people gaming the system. They know being poor sucks but they also resent lazy folks on the government victim dole while they work so hard.

I've never seen a greater respect for working class and middle class ideals in a long time. I asked her how her people viewed the vaccine. She said "we don't want to be responsible for hurting people with our decisions, what's the big deal about getting another shot". So wise.

Her people also threw a generator concert this weekend outdoors under an LA overpass and 6000 people showed up complete with random fireworks. So did police helicopters and the 6 o'clock news. They all knew that if one single post went out on SM it could be traced back, not one electronic footprint from 6000 people, smart and impressive. I was so refreshed when she showed me the video that young folks still know how to have clean healthy fun.

I love their generation, they're smart, they know what's important, they know when you're full of shit cuz they've seen it early, and I'm excited to see what kind of world they make. I might be closer to death than birth but these kids make me feel young, my only job is to encourage them. Smiley face emoji.

As someone that falls into that generation, I think the biggest challenge we face is the barrier into the housing market. NY is all over the place, I'd kill to pay the prices my parents paid for a house 35 years ago, let alone the prices of a House 50 years ago. It can be a defeating feeling at times, right now I'm struggling with this.

I do remain optimistic though. I have to be, if not what else is there?

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:21 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
As someone that falls into that generation, I think the biggest challenge we face is the barrier into the housing market. NY is all over the place, I'd kill to pay the prices my parents paid for a house 35 years ago, let alone the prices of a House 50 years ago. It can be a defeating feeling at times, right now I'm struggling with this.

I do remain optimistic though. I have to be, if not what else is there?
If it helps any, that's pretty much the exact thing I said in my early 20's.

One girlfriends parents bought their house in what became a fairly nice suburb for I think 18K or less, and got a crazy low rate because of his military service.