NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-06-2023, 07:03 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

It's been a while!! I hope everybody is doing well and keeping sane in this crazy world.

Things on my end have been BUSY. Both with life and work. And I'm eternally grateful that that's the case with both of them. I know that I had always promised that if I ever started offering reproductions of my artwork, I would shout it from the rooftops. So, I guess that time has finally come--I'm officially offering my first giclée!

The painting depicts a game between the Kalamazoo Kazoos and the Wheeling Green Stockings on May 19, 1887. It's based on a photograph by W.C. Brown, which is currently owned by the Ohio County Public Library in Wheeling, WV.

Now, starting off, for those of you who don't know, a giclée is a very high-quality art print, typically known for its longevity and value compared to a standard print that somebody could make on their home computer.

I know that I had always claimed that I wasn’t able to make reproductions of my work because of various IPs depicted therein, and that IS still the case, but this painting was an exception. The photograph itself is in the public domain, so there are no licensing issues there. The teams and ballpark are loooooooong gone, and with no ties to the current MLB organization, I’m not beholden to any of their IP. And the players, well, though we know who most of them are, none of them have estates that would be in a position to actually grant a license for something like this. So that being said, I feel pretty comfortable putting this out there like this.

The specs: The original painting measures 63” x 40” x 2”, which is pretty large. I thought it was the perfect size for something like this, considering all of the visual information within the original photograph. These giclées will be a little bit smaller, specifically 3’ x 2’ (36” x 24”). Reason being, it’s a common size that can be framed easily without making a custom order. The image itself will be 34.6” x 22” within that 36” x 24” paper. Please note, the original painting is sold.

The paper upon which it will be printed is Hahnemühle Museum Etching 350 gsm. This particular brand is of extremely high quality, and amazingly enough has been in business since 1584. And "yes," you read that right. They'll be printed and shipped by a local Brooklyn company called Skink Ink Fine Art Printing, who also happen to handle my photography as well. Each giclée will be signed and numbered by me.

The catch? It's a time-limited edition. It will be available for one week, starting at 8:00 AM ET on Tuesday, October 3 and ending at 7:59 AM ET on Tuesday, October 10. The edition is limited by the number of prints sold during that period and will never be reprinted.

Phew!!

So, if this interests you, you can purchase it here:

https://store.graigkreindler.com/

If anybody has any questions, feel free to reach out, either via PM or email (gkreindler@gmail.com).

Thanks for reading, as always.

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 10-06-2023 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:31 PM

Hi Graig,
The photo didn't make it.
I hope you are well!
Old 10-06-2023, 08:01 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey Scott!! Great to see you a few months back.

The image seems to be working for me, but maybe I'm crazy. Anyone else have that problem?

And I guess if I can't figure it out, you can go to https://store.graigkreindler.com/!!

Old 10-06-2023, 08:06 PM
Rob

When I first looked, it wasn’t there. Now it is. Beautiful work, as always.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:14 PM
Graig Kreindler

Phew!! Thank you so much, Rob!! Hope you and yours are doing well.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:02 PM

Hi Graig, great seeing you post in this thread again! Hope you're well!
Old 10-07-2023, 05:12 AM

Awesome, Graig! I love it!
Old 10-07-2023, 11:50 AM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks so much, guys!!!

Sarno! Good to hear from you. I don’t know if he told you, but your buddy Chris literally lives a few buildings away from me—ran into him and his dog Iggy the other day.

Last edited by GKreindler; 10-08-2023 at 04:37 AM.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Al

Beautiful work as always Graig... You never fail to impress. Been away from the hobby for awhile for personal matters. Trying my very best to get back in... one day at a time... Love your work as always...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 10-07-2023, 08:08 PM
Graig Kreindler

I really appreciate the kind words, Al!! Hope you and yours are doing well.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:29 PM

Hi Graig! He did tell me! That's awesome. He's a great guy, we go way back to the late 90's at Pratt. One of my closest friends. He was happy to meet you!