NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 01-01-2018, 07:52 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Default What should I do? eBay auctions

I have a few military items I picked up at a yard sale. I listed them on eBay, stating clearly that I have no idea if they were genuine or reproductions. I had 2 people contact me, one saying that he runs a museum and the items were definitely fake, second person saying he was a longtime collector and asked if I was willing to deal outside eBay for everything, he thinks the items are 100% genuine. Both guys have impeccable feedback, what would you do? Pull the auctions? Let the auctions run through to end?

I should mention that the auctions all have multiple bids so others must think them genuine as well.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I have a few military items I picked up at a yard sale. I listed them on eBay, stating clearly that I have no idea if they were genuine or reproductions. I had 2 people contact me, one saying that he runs a museum and the items were definitely fake, second person saying he was a longtime collector and asked if I was willing to deal outside eBay for everything, he thinks the items are 100% genuine. Both guys have impeccable feedback, what would you do? Pull the auctions? Let the auctions run through to end?

I should mention that the auctions all have multiple bids so others must think them genuine as well.
If they have bids there shouldn't even be a question in my mind. Let them ride....LL
Old 01-01-2018, 08:45 AM

If there are bids, then leave them be. Not fair to the guys bidding.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
If they have bids there shouldn't even be a question in my mind. Let them ride....LL
Thanks Leon, thats probably what I'm going to do but it still bothers me that an "expert" thinks they are fake.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Thanks Leon, thats probably what I'm going to do but it still bothers me that an "expert" thinks they are fake.
I would feel the same way. But you said this below so buyers should understand.. Quite honestly when I see a seller say something like that I almost always figure it's not real. I think most buyers feel the same way. If someone is bidding they have been fairly warned (though not sure that conforms with ebay policy but that is the least of their worries).

." I listed them on eBay, stating clearly that I have no idea if they were genuine or reproductions."

Old 01-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default link to ebay listing

Quote:

a link to the ebay listing would be nice who knows could get you even more action

Last edited by megalimey; 01-01-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:35 AM
Dave

Did the guy from the "museum" who thought they were fake, also put in a bid or offer to buy them from you?
Old 01-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Did the guy from the "museum" who thought they were fake, also put in a bid or offer to buy them from you?
No, he didn't
Old 01-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Steve Birmingham

I think it would depend on what the items were. Some stuff is faked a lot, to the point I pretty much assume it's fake when I see one. (Like any Nazi dagger, not that I'd buy one unless it was dirt cheap and I could flip it.)

Other stuff isn't faked as much, but is kinda common, and has more problems with pieces being combined so the actual year/era isn't clear.