NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 11-05-2016, 10:55 AM
James
James Kin.chen

This one was delivered today.
James

Old 11-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default 'KILLER' Card, I Know, But It's Still A Mickey Card to Me!

1965 Topps AL Home Run Leaders PSa-8.jpg

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 11-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Dan Bl@u

Picked up from Heritage...

Old 11-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

That's terrific Dan! Well Done!!!!!
Old 11-08-2016, 08:17 AM
H Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
Nice, great addition to any collection !
Old 11-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
Nice, great addition to any collection !
Thanks guys! I'm a little nervous about it because I'm building the '53 set and I'm VERY picky about the cards. I had put a placeholder bid on this at Heritage and then decided not to actually try to win it, but then no one else ended up bidding so it was mine! I hope it looks nice in person and that the wear/PD on the front isn't that bad. If not, then at least I got it for a great price.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:15 AM
Todd Jenkins

Default 68 Mantle

I just picked this one up at a very, very reasonable price. Pretty excited!

[https://www.flickr.com/photos/187700522@N03/

Recent positve trades with: Brian Van Horn, frank bmd, nkesterke09, ajg, esehombre, mrmantlecollector, KC Doughboy, gregr2,bn2cardz, sycks22

Last edited by tjenkins; 11-17-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:08 AM
Dave_Berg

Happy with this 66. Not perfect, but not perfect saved me $$
Run very close to complete
1966 mantle 2.jpg
Old 11-30-2016, 06:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepony View Post
Happy with this 66. Not perfect, but not perfect saved me $$
Run very close to complete
Attachment 252703
Looks just about as good as any '66 I have ever seen. Congrats Dave...

Great Mantles from many board members. They look great, guys!!!
Old 11-30-2016, 07:41 PM
H Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Looks just about as good as any '66 I have ever seen. Congrats Dave...

Great Mantles from many board members. They look great, guys!!!
I`ll second that, very nice 66 mantle Dave. Great addition to any Mantle Run !
Old 11-30-2016, 09:34 PM
Ke.ith Conr@d

Outstanding 1966 Mantle and you did well no matter what you paid on it.

KC
Old 12-01-2016, 06:59 AM
Michael

Quote:
Now that the ebay auction is over I was wondering if any of our Net 54 Mantle collectors could offer any information on these items. Enclosed is the ebay link of the concluded auction. Did the usual search, A. H results/Google/various collector`s sites,Mantle Master set etc. but could only find one result from 10 years back. I`ve seen 3 on ebay over the last year or so with prices all over the place. Thanks again for any info on this cool period Mantle piece.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351840643721...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Sorry about the late reply to this, somehow I missed it last month.

SCD lists the year of the All-Star photo pack as 1954. That photo was also issued in the 1956 Yankees photo pack set. I've attached a photo of it from the Yankees photo set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mantle 1956 Picture Pack.jpg (72.9 KB, 334 views)
Old 12-01-2016, 02:13 PM
H Murphy

Default 54 Photo Packs

Thank you for the info Mike, a relative newcomer to the Mantle surge. Was able to pick up a couple of these as a way of acquiring some period items at still an affordable price. Again thanx for the input since I`ve found myself using this thread for daily/weekly collecting advice !
Old 12-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Michael

Quote:
Thank you for the info Mike, a relative newcomer to the Mantle surge. Was able to pick up a couple of these as a way of acquiring some period items at still an affordable price. Again thanx for the input since I`ve found myself using this thread for daily/weekly collecting advice !
You're welcome. Even though you're a "relative newcomer to the Mantle surge," I saw that you picked up a very nice looking PSA 1.5 '52 Topps Mantle. That is a card I still don't have. Not sure when, or if, I'll ever get that one. A big congrats on that pick up.

I got the attached Mantle from the Huggins and Scott auction. It is from a team Action Pictures set. I believe the year is 1955. I'm basing the year on the players included in the set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mantle 1955 Team Issued Action Pictures Set adjusted.jpg (76.0 KB, 284 views)
Old 12-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Michael

A few Mantle pick ups from late October/early November auctions that I received mid-November and haven't posted yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mantle 1960s Action Game adjusted.jpg (73.0 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg Mantle 1960s Rawlings Ad adjusted.jpg (69.5 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg Mantle 1963 Jello Advertisement adjusted.jpg (74.3 KB, 289 views)
Old 12-02-2016, 06:38 AM
Dave_Berg

Michael, whats the year on that action game ? Great pieces!
Old 12-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Michael

Quote:
Michael, whats the year on that action game ? Great pieces!
Dave, thanks! I love them, especially the Jello-O advertisement.

According to an article in SCD by Kelly Eisenhauer, it is from the late 1950s. Here's a link to the article, it's pretty informative:

http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/mantlept6/
Old 12-02-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Dave, thanks! I love them, especially the Jello-O advertisement.

According to an article in SCD by Kelly Eisenhauer, it is from the late 1950s. Here's a link to the article, it's pretty informative:

http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/mantlept6/
Kelly mentions in his article regarding the Mickey Mantle Action Baseball Game that a trade ad was enclosed in the box, dated 1957, which could date the game itself to late 1956 (Christmas), shortly after Mickey's Triple Crown season.

Congrats especially on your acquiring the large JELL-O point of purchase advertising placard. A genuine beauty, Mike. When Bob Lemke accurately recreated a 1963 JELL-O black raspberry complete box in spring 2015, he chose the heart of Mickey's picture on the placard to do a variant photo for the "free prize" card. A work of art, baseball card style. I value it highly. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 12-03-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:39 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Mantle

Wow... All those are great Mantle pieces. I personally like the Rawlings advertising poster; unsure why, but it's cool!
Old 12-03-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Wow... All those are great Mantle pieces. I personally like the Rawlings advertising poster; unsure why, but it's cool!
I agree, Mark, the Rawlings poster is awesome. Maybe the reason why you love it is because when you view it, it's as if you have Mickey's personal attention, and he's looking right at you, smiling. ---Brian Powell
Old 12-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Kelly mentions in his article regarding the Mickey Mantle Action Baseball Game that a trade ad was enclosed in the box, dated 1957, which could date the game itself to late 1956 (Christmas), shortly after Mickey's Triple Crown season.

Congrats especially on your acquiring the large JELL-O point of purchase advertising placard. A genuine beauty, Mike. When Bob Lemke accurately recreated a 1963 JELL-O black raspberry complete box in spring 2015, he chose the heart of Mickey's picture on the placard to do a variant photo for the "free prize" card. A work of art, baseball card style. I value it highly. ---Brian Powell
Brian, good catch on the date of the game advertisement. I guess the article is even more informative than I originally thought, especially if I don't gloss over stuff.

Bob does fantastic work on his cards. I haven't picked up the Jello box yet, but I need to. I have a couple of his Post cereal panels and other Mantle cards and they are all really top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post

Quote:
I agree, Mark, the Rawlings poster is awesome. Maybe the reason why you love it is because when you view it, it's as if you have Mickey's personal attention, and he's looking right at you, smiling. ---Brian Powell
I almost didn't try for the Rawlings poster. I typically stay away from autographed items. I like the items unmarked by pen. But I hadn't seen the poster before and figured it might be a very long time before I see another one so I went for it. Chris (Bestdj777) pointed out to me that when it comes time for my kids to sell my stuff, they might have a bigger market with it being autographed. That's probably true, but that's something they can worry about. Me, I like the poster even with the pen markings.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:59 PM

Hey Mike. By all means, do pick up Bob Lemke's 1963 JELL-O variant photo creation. It's saturated with the period charm of the promotion. I'm not brave enough to fold the flattened box, but since it presents so well as is, I intend to leave it flat. I'm contemplating a wooden tray with an insert of deep purple velvet, to represent the black raspberry flavor. Really, it's such an interesting piece. I shudder to think what the box would cost now, if it was real.

It's all fun. I'm putting a display of favorite Mantles together, and also plan to put Bob's fantasy 1952 Red Man Tobacco card in with the originals. We would all know it wasn't genuine; that's the whole point of a fantasy card, anyway--making a dream card come true.

I won't respond with an article-long post, but still anxious to know what you think of your swell 1953 Stahl-Meyer Franks Mickey Mantle when you finally get to hold it in your hand.

Best regards. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 12-03-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:05 PM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
I almost didn't try for the Rawlings poster. I typically stay away from autographed items. I like the items unmarked by pen. But I hadn't seen the poster before and figured it might be a very long time before I see another one so I went for it. Chris (Bestdj777) pointed out to me that when it comes time for my kids to sell my stuff, they might have a bigger market with it being autographed. That's probably true, but that's something they can worry about. Me, I like the poster even with the pen markings.
Michael,

I'm with you; I prefer this type of item unmarked BUT when one does become available sometimes you can't be too picky since you may never see another one again. I have a Brooks Robinson Rawlings poster, the same style as the Mantle, which I've only seen one other at the National in Baltimore and it sold QUICKLY! Of course your's does look great with the auto as well, but I understand where you're coming from.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Hey Mike. By all means, do pick up Bob Lemke's 1963 JELL-O variant photo creation. It's saturated with the period charm of the promotion. I'm not brave enough to fold the flattened box, but since it presents so well as is, I intend to leave it flat. I'm contemplating a wooden tray with an insert of deep purple velvet, to represent the black raspberry flavor. Really, it's such an interesting piece. I shudder to think what the box would cost now, if it was real.

It's all fun. I'm putting a display of favorite Mantles together, and also plan to put Bob's fantasy 1952 Red Man Tobacco card in with the originals. We would all know it wasn't genuine; that's the whole point of a fantasy card, anyway--making a dream card come true.

I won't respond with an article-long post, but still anxious to know what you think of your swell 1953 Stahl-Meyer Franks Mickey Mantle when you finally get to hold it in your hand.

Best regards. ---Brian Powell
They are fairly easy to fold into a box. They make awesome display pieces. Here is a picture of miniature versions. I have even made them with Jell-O inside the boxes. The Mantle pair are Bob's awesome design.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jellominiF.jpg (82.5 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg jellominiB.jpg (75.5 KB, 288 views)
Old 12-03-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
They are fairly easy to fold into a box. They make awesome display pieces. Here is a picture of miniature versions. I have even made them with Jell-O inside the boxes. The Mantle pair are Bob's awesome design.
Thanks for displaying your work and Bob's. Lauding Mr. Lemke's work really called for a picture of his 1963 JELL-O Mickey Mantle variant photo; thanks for coming to my rescue. Ben, your work is top notch! You are correct; it would be fairly easy to fold into a box. Let's just say I personally would stress out trying to get the folds just right, knowing if I was off by much it would show.

Say, have you gotten through NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN? Would you care to convey your honest, gut-felt reactions to the author? If so, please email me at bfpowell2003@yahoo.com.

Last month my wife and I passed the exit for Huron on the way to Rapid City, and I thought of you.

Best regards, Ben. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 12-03-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Michael

Ben, those are very nice Jell-O displays. I definitely have to contact Bob and get them. I think he's also done a Post panel that I haven't gotten yet either.

My Mile High winnings finally came in today. I've attached pics of the front and back of the 1953 Stahl-Meyer. It is a beautiful card. It has a slight surface crease on the front running from the edge almost straight down through the "Y" and curving a little bit to the corner of Mick's right eye. It's only noticeable when held just so. I guess I've stared at it enough already that I don't even notice it anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mantle 1953 Stahl-Meyer adjusted.jpg (54.0 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg 1953 Mantle Stahl-Meyer back adjusted.jpg (78.6 KB, 225 views)
Old 12-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Michael

This is the other item I got in the Mile High auction. It came with the 1962 Alvarn Mantle Batting Tips booklet, so it must have been manufactured around that time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1962 Mantle Batter's Training Set adjusted.jpg (56.0 KB, 227 views)
Old 12-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Ben, those are very nice Jell-O displays. I definitely have to contact Bob and get them. I think he's also done a Post panel that I haven't gotten yet either.

My Mile High winnings finally came in today. I've attached pics of the front and back of the 1953 Stahl-Meyer. It is a beautiful card. It has a slight surface crease on the front running from the edge almost straight down through the "Y" and curving a little bit to the corner of Mick's right eye. It's only noticeable when held just so. I guess I've stared at it enough already that I don't even notice it anymore.
Michael, absolutely fantastic card. Such a beautiful example. I congratulate you on a card that would be the highlight of most post war collections. You beat me out on this one, therefore you deserve it. Well done!!!!
Old 12-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Tony Conte

Default Congrats Mike!

This is a great Stahl Meyer Mantle. Pick of the year for me!

Tony
Old 12-07-2016, 08:01 PM

Agreed. Its always amazing to see one.
Mick looks great in that image.
You need to get yourself one Tony.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Michael

Thanks all! This is definitely one of the highlights of my collection. For me, it goes up there with the '51 Bowman and the '60 Post. I don't have a '52 Topps or '59 Bazooka, otherwise they'd be there too. Maybe one of these days.

Ray, that's the same image used on '56 Jay Publishing photos and the photo that came in the late 50s Mantle Big League Baseball Game. It was probably used for other premiums also. But the colorized version on the baseball card does stand out from the rest. I agree, he does look great in the Stahl-Meyer image.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:40 PM

Default "Moss Photo,N.Y."...no airbrushed pinstripes....

...curious wobbly printing of his name...compare this writing to yours...

Old 12-10-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Mike, what a once "free prize"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the gorgeous scan you provided us, your Stahl-Meyer Franks Mickey Mantle looks even better than it did on Mile High's web site during the auction. The rich tinted colors, the appearance, the peaceful happy portrait of Mickey, that Mantle is one mesmerizing gem!

Well done, mate.

The creasing you referenced is not visible to my eyes, as on many of the frankfurter package Stahlies, where the creasing is sometimes severe enough to break open the top layer of the picture.

Interesting. You and Dave made reference to your gem as a highlight of one's collection. I will always remember an old SCD Mr. Mint Alan Rosen phone auction back in 1988. He was offering a world class Stahl-Meyer Mickey Mantle, and he wrote, "A super Mantle collectible and to be the highlight of any Mantle collection." And this coming from the dealer who had purchased a couple years beforehand the monumental 1952 Topps high number and semi-high number case. The phrasing struck a chord with me, as it did not strike me as typical dealer spiel, though the write-up was succinct. By the late 80s, I was well aware of the vaunted Stahl-Meyers, but had no idea someone as esteemed as Mr. Mint regarded them so highly. True, the Mint Man had his legions of enemies, but the guy knew his cardborad very well. From the mid-80s on, I used to look at every page of those half-inch thick issues of SCD for the tougher regionals. Mostly crumb bums that were much worse than your respectable gem, Mike. This was a time when finds were happening frequently; STILL few Stahl-Meyer Franks came into the hobby!

In essence, there are lots and lots of different Mickey Mantles. Then, we have the Stahl-Meyer Franks.

So Mike, what were your thoughts when you got to hold it in your hand and stare at it for the first time?

Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 12-11-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:37 AM
Dave_Berg

I feel I got this at a good price, i'm pleased. Here's hoping the New Year brings a lot of contributions to this thread from the Net54s
1957 mantle 2.jpg
Old 12-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I feel I got this at a good price, i'm pleased. Here's hoping the New Year brings a lot of contributions to this thread from the Net54s
Attachment 253901
don't get much better than that for eye appeal.....congrats
Old 12-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Michael

Quote:
Mike, what a once "free prize"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Mike, what were your thoughts when you got to hold it in your hand and stare at it for the first time?

Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

---Brian Powell
Hey Brian, sorry to take so long to respond.

I agree with you, it is amazing that something that was once a free prize is now so cherished. But, I suppose because they were free and basically "worthless" at the time, many did not survive. Which makes them so cherished today. The fact that it is a beautiful card simply enhances its allure.

When I opened the package and saw the card for the first time, my initial reaction was surprise. I should have known better, but for some reason I expected it to be the size of today's cards. I should have figured it would be the size of '52 Topps, but I didn't. So the size was very surprising. Then the colors really grabbed me. Around then I noticed that it is the same picture of Mick used in several Yankee photo packs, but the one on the card, because it is colorized, really stands out. It's kind of hard to describe what it's like to be holding something so cherished and something that you never thought you would ever own. Although, I must admit, not near as thrilling as holding my kids for the first time.

As far as sharing my joy here, where else am I going to share it? Just about everyone I know would think I'm crazy for spending that much money for a card that was once a free prize. A big thank-you to Leon and everyone here for letting me share my joy here.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post

...curious wobbly printing of his name...compare this writing to yours...

Mike, I think Bestdj777 has that picture as well. I seem to recall his having "Moss Photo" in the lower right corner. I don't have that version.

In regards to your comment ""Moss Photo,N.Y."...no airbrushed pinstripes....", are there copies, with or without "Moss Photo," with airbrushed pinstripes? If so, I don't remember ever seeing those.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:49 PM
David Buckingham

That is one beautiful card, the 1953 Stahl Meyer Mantle. I bought mine 1-2 years ago, and mine is also PSA 2 MK, although I think the stamping on mine is more pronounced.

I have the 1951 Bowman, the 1959 Bazooka, the 1960 Post Cereal, etc. All things considered, I think I like the Stahl Meyer as well or better than the others. It is truly a centerpiece for any Mantle collection. David
Old 12-15-2016, 05:23 PM

Default Bestdj777

Quote:
Mike, I think Bestdj777 has that picture as well. I seem to recall his having "Moss Photo" in the lower right corner. I don't have that version.

In regards to your comment ""Moss Photo,N.Y."...no airbrushed pinstripes....", are there copies, with or without "Moss Photo," with airbrushed pinstripes? If so, I don't remember ever seeing those.
..no , his has printing on the lower left border...there is a thread about this photo , in all its varieties , over in the "memorabilia'' forum , about three years ago.....I'm at a loss to understand how to 'search' in these threads , but I'm pretty sure it's 2013 over in memorabilia section....good hunting...

Old 12-15-2016, 06:37 PM
Joe Hunter

Default 1966 Mantle

Haven't purchased a Mantle in quite awhile, but couldn't pass up this '66 at a great price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan_20161215 (5).jpg (13.5 KB, 391 views)
Old 12-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Matt

That specific example of the Stahl-Meyer is a thing of beauty, congratulations; throw the tech grade out the window on that one.

Fantastic 66 Mantle, Joe. No white PD in the red band is a plus on that card.

Gem of a 57 there, freak centering.

Last edited by MattyC; 12-15-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:18 PM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

Just added this mid-grade Mick to my slowly growing mid-low grade Mantle run. Some great Mick's being posted. Love following this thread.

Last edited by jb67; 12-15-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:09 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Great pick-up JB. Nice card.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:13 PM
D@le Irv*n

I got this one last month. Obviously not a premier Mantle card, but I like the fact it showcases how great of a hitter he was.

Does anyone know if this feat has ever been beaten?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mantle's 565 footer.jpg (76.2 KB, 437 views)
Old 12-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Chris

Quote:
..no , his has printing on the lower left border...there is a thread about this photo , in all its varieties , over in the "memorabilia'' forum , about three years ago.....I'm at a loss to understand how to 'search' in these threads , but I'm pretty sure it's 2013 over in memorabilia section....good hunting...

You have a great memory--I couldn't even recall which ones I have. I dug out my two photos. One has Mantle written in the same position as yours but with no Moss label and one has Mantle written in a different position with a Moss label on the left. There seems to be a number of variations.

Mike, posting a piece of that bat box that I received from a good pal as a wedding present--neither of us knew what it was at the time, but Kelly was able to point me in the right direction. It's an awesome bat box. Congrats! And, gorgeous Stahl!

Last edited by Bestdj777; 12-15-2016 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:40 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb67 View Post
Just added this mid-grade Mick to my slowly growing mid-low grade Mantle run. Some great Mick's being posted. Love following this thread.

Gorgeous. That Mick card is my favorite from the 60s and always tilty.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:34 AM
Michael

Mike, I went back and looked at the old threads and saw that the Mantle photo in question with pinstripes are the "1953 Wheaties" photos. (Sorry Chris, I just had to throw the 1953 in there.)

Chris, that cut out came from a bat box? Any idea what kind of bat box it was - who made the bat, was it for little league, etc.? That is very nice. Congrats on it and I hope you took whoever gave it to you for your wedding on your honeymoon.

Another addition to my collection. It's missing three plastic bags but still looks pretty nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161214_184549.jpg (75.7 KB, 416 views)
Old 12-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Chris

Quote:
This is the other item I got in the Mile High auction. It came with the 1962 Alvarn Mantle Batting Tips booklet, so it must have been manufactured around that time.
Hey Mike,

It's part of the same packaging you just posted from your bat pickup I believe. And, nope, my wife got to go on the honeymoon I was very please my buddy sent this though as I love oddball stuff.

Chris

Last edited by Bestdj777; 12-16-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Quote:

Yes, we were also talking about these among with the 51 Wheaties Premium. When we were basically pinpointing the date on it to 52, not 51. And the images/photo of the Moss was added into the discussion as well
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ht=51+wheaties
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ht=moss+Mantle

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 12-16-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:25 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Yes, we were also talking about these among with the 51 Wheaties Premium. When we were basically pinpointing the date on it to 52, not 51. And the images/photo of the Moss was added into the discussion as well
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ht=51+wheaties
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ht=moss+Mantle
Lies. All lies.

ps. Hope all is well buddy!

Last edited by Bestdj777; 12-16-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Tags
marked, mickey mantle topps