NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Patrick N.

Default What do you do with this postal situation?

Package says delivered to my address but it never was.... Who is in the right/wrong or who is responsible the buyer or seller? I am the buyer in this sitiuation. I'm assuming the carrier left it at the wrong house but not sure....Would you file something with eBay/paypal? Never had this happen to me. Thanks in advance....
Old 11-04-2018, 11:44 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Go to the post office first and see the geolocation of where the package was marked delivered. Some postmen seems to mark packages delivered "accidentally" and then the package shows up the following business day when they realize it's still in the truck.
Could also be package thiefs or misdelivered to a neighbor.

If it's eBay, as long as it shows delivered, the seller is off the hook. If you open a case anyways, they may also decide to refund you out of the kindness of their heart.

If this is happening to you too often, get a PO Box.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:44 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Did seller send it to the correct address?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Marc

I second going to the postoffice and asking for geolocation info. I had USPS drop off a package down the street, at an address that differed by from mine by only one number. At the post office, they pulled up the delivery info on a map and I could see exactly where it was delivered. The writting on the package was really bad, so I can kind of get the mistake by the delivery person and the people who had the package.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Patrick N.

Default ok

okay, yes it said delivered to my actual correct address

Last edited by mintacular; 11-04-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Sometimes give it a day or 2. In fact, I am dealing with stuff not delivered.
On a positive note, its not stuck in a tree via drone method.
last time I was told there were 2 drivers and the weekend driver had it, go figure.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Peter Spaeth

Call your local post office, they likely can straighten it out, as mentioned all scans now have an exact GPS reading as I understand it. This happened to me not long ago and they were able to track down that they had delivered the package down the street, and retrieved it. Not sure why the neighbor didn't just bring it by but whatever. I've also received tracked packages intended for other people and unless they're across town, which has happened, I'll just drop them off myself.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-04-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:26 PM
je.sse @rnot

As others have said step 1 is to see if the USPS can find it. Step 2 file an Ebay claim. Step 3 is file a PayPal claim.

I had to go to step 3 in a similar situation but got my money back.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Bob Donaldson

Ihad the same situation last month. USPS said item was delivered. After a week of so, I opened a case on USPS.com. Another week or two went back and I got an email from the PO saying I was out of luck. The next day the card was delivered.

It never occurred to me to file a claim against the seller as I don't believe they did anything wrong.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
As others have said step 1 is to see if the USPS can find it. Step 2 file an Ebay claim. Step 3 is file a PayPal claim.

I had to go to step 3 in a similar situation but got my money back.
I am surprised you won that claim given that it was the post office's fault not the seller's.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcbobd View Post
Ihad the same situation last month. USPS said item was delivered. After a week of so, I opened a case on USPS.com. Another week or two went back and I got an email from the PO saying I was out of luck. The next day the card was delivered.

It never occurred to me to file a claim against the seller as I don't believe they did anything wrong.
USPS.com is a waste. You need to deal with your local PO, in my experience.

Old 11-04-2018, 02:02 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

I had this happen once. It turned out that my delivery man noticed that his scanner battery was running low and he scanned all the packages in his truck at once so that he could get the scans made. When I finally saw him I explained the possible issues that could result from doing this and, to his credit, he has not done it again.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Larry More.y

I had a similar issue recently. I called my local branch, and the rep confirmed that the package was mis-delivered to another home in my neighborhood, one a few blocks from me. He said they would try to retrieve it. A few minutes later, I checked my box... the package was suddenly there, the neighbor who received it had just dropped it off. Glad there are some honest folks in my neighborhood.

What is interesting is the USPS rep told me that since my incoming package was insured (but did not require a sig), that if the package was not retrieved for whatever reason, a claim would be paid. I questioned that and he said due to the GPS location of the delivery scan, that the claim would be decided in the shipper's favor (meaning a refund for me). Not sure how long it will be before ebay will also be able to utilize this USPS function and refund the buyer in situations like this.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default PO

Go to the PO right away. The sooner the better. It will only take the Supervisor a few minutes to find the exact location at which the package was delivered. When a package is scanned as "delivered", the scanner transmits a GPS signal. It is easy to track and it is extremely accurate.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:30 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I've had this happen at least a couple of times as a seller. One time, it was delivered to a UPS store, and the guy at the store put it in the wrong box. The other time the package was never found. As a seller, I was not responsible for it. I think ebay has a one time thing for the buyer where they will reimburse the buyer even when the package shows delivered via tracking.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:38 PM

Also just ask your neighbors if they got any packages addressed to you. I've had stuff delivered next door before. It happens.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:44 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I am surprised you won that claim given that it was the post office's fault not the seller's.
Yea I wasn't sure how it would go but the USPS was no help. Now that I think about it I may have missed the 30 day window for an Ebay claim. But I told PayPal that I never got the card, and I felt it should have been sent signature required since it was a little over 500 bucks. They refunded the purchase.