NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default The Gifts that keeps on giving.. Christmas pickups 2013

Since I no longer get anything from Santa(Probably because I am an ahole) and everyone else showers me with practical gifts(socks, gift cards, kitchenware, jellies..ect), I decided to treat myself to something I love.......BABES.

Merry Christmas to me!

1) Babe Ruth 1930 TYPE 1 photo pitching as a Yankee against the Red Sox(undefeated as a Yankee pitcher).

2) Marilyn Monroe 1952 Type 1 Playing ball.(love the "slug" as part of a sleeve the photo was stored in). Good God look at those legs....

Anyone else get any memorabilia for themselves/from others this holiday season??

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to my Net54 friends!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babeyankspitchingwater.jpg (34.8 KB, 505 views)
File Type: jpg MM1water.jpg (50.2 KB, 504 views)
File Type: jpg MM2.jpg (22.4 KB, 505 views)
File Type: jpg MM3.jpg (37.3 KB, 505 views)

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 12-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Joe DiMaggio's greatest hit.......
Old 12-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Dan Bretta

My wife wouldn't even know what to get me in the memorabilia dept or even where to get it, how much to spend, et cetera. I'll get the same practical gifts I always get at Christmas, but that's okay because every time I open a package that comes in the mail it's my own gift to myself and that's year round.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
My wife wouldn't even know what to get me in the memorabilia dept or even where to get it, how much to spend, et cetera. I'll get the same practical gifts I always get at Christmas, but that's okay because every time I open a package that comes in the mail it's my own gift to myself and that's year round.
My thoughts exactly... It is just the addict in me that needs a reason I guess Dan. Jason.. I certainly cannot disagree with you on that one. The prior hits were the means to a happy end ing though

Last edited by Forever Young; 12-23-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
My thoughts exactly... It is just the addict in me that needs a reason I guess Dan. Jason.. I certainly cannot disagree with you on that one. The prior hits were the means to a happy end ing though
Love the marilyn photo! awesome pick-ups as always
Old 12-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

My wife got this Christy Mathewson glove for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (75.9 KB, 444 views)
Old 12-23-2013, 08:19 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Since I no longer get anything from Santa(Probably because I am an ahole) and everyone else showers me with practical gifts(socks, gift cards, kitchenware, jellies..ect), I decided to treat myself to something I love.......BABES.

Merry Christmas to me!

1) Babe Ruth 1930 TYPE 1 photo pitching as a Yankee against the Red Sox(undefeated as a Yankee pitcher).

2) Marilyn Monroe 1952 Type 1 Playing ball.(love the "slug" as part of a sleeve the photo was stored in). Good God look at those legs....

Anyone else get any memorabilia for themselves/from others this holiday season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
My wife got this Christy Mathewson glove for me
That is just awesome!

Old 12-24-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:

Merry Christmas to me!

Ben, as always two outstanding photos, the Marilyn is a great crossover piece. Well done and Merry Christmas to you!
Old 12-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
Ben, as always two outstanding photos, the Marilyn is a great crossover piece. Well done and Merry Christmas to you!
Absolutely!! That may well have just turned into my favorite Marilyn photo!! Merry Christmas Ben and Bob !!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Graig Kreindler

I can say that I have had a similar experience with Santa. He told me that Ben is indeed an @$$hole.

But we love him anyway.

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 12-24-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:36 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

I think Santa is just pissed because Ben kept sending back the photos he left under the Christmas tree. "I don't care if it was made with love and magic. Unless your elves produced this print within 2 years of when the photo was taken, it is NOT the Type 1 that I specified on my list!"

Thanks for the holiday chuckles, Ben, and I'd love to see a larger scan of that Marilyn photo sometime. You can put your watermark wherever you want on it, just don't be coverin' dem gams. Yowza!
Old 12-24-2013, 12:37 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
I think Santa is just pissed because Ben kept sending back the photos he left under the Christmas tree. "I don't care if it was made with love and magic. Unless your elves produced this print within 2 years of when the photo was taken, it is NOT the Type 1 that I specified on my list!"

Thanks for the holiday chuckles, Ben, and I'd love to see a larger scan of that Marilyn photo sometime. You can put your watermark wherever you want on it, just don't be coverin' dem gams. Yowza!
+1...Amazing post Lance!
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 12-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post

Nice. That last hyee auction must have been driving the 'Type I' guys nuts - he put 'Original Photo' in his titles instead of the sacred text....playing it safe?

Last edited by Runscott; 12-24-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Nice. That last hyee auction must have been driving the 'Type I' guys nuts - he put 'Original Photo' in his titles instead of the sacred text....playing it safe?
Hyee has always done that so not sure what you are saying. Interesting post Scott. Lance .. As long as you don't sell crappy prints of my photos to poor unsuspecting buyers.. I will get you a scan. Merry Christmas to you both!

Merry Christmas Bob and Greg! Graig... you don't care about Christmas so go away hehe

Last edited by Forever Young; 12-24-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Tho.mas Car.ter

Old 12-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Hyee has always done that so not sure what you are saying. Interesting post Scott.
I wasn't trying to be cryptic. I really think it's interesting that he doesn't put 'Type I' in his titles - seems like he would, given how important that designation is to people who buy his stuff regularly. Up until his last auction, where I won my first and only photo from him, I have never followed his auctions, so I don't really know how he's titled them in the past.

I sincerely hope everyone is having a great Christmas Eve. I have the traditional bacon-wrapped filet mignons cooking, while watching 'A Christmas Carol' with my gf and son. Can't get much better than that.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
+1

Every year I tell my girlfriend "If you want to get me a box of cards for Christmas, get me something I can rip (I explained what that meant)."

And every year she gets me the annual "Topps Complete Hobby Set."

This year I asked her to please just get me a gift card from the hobby shop....

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 12-24-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Mike H.

A HUGE Thank You to me good friend Mark S. (Perezfan) for helping my wife find and purchase the PERFECT Christmas gift for a Cubs/Tigers pennant collector. I am sooo blessed to have such a dear friend and amazing wife

Old 12-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Matt

Amazing present Mike !

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 12-25-2013, 09:06 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Lance .. As long as you don't sell crappy prints of my photos to poor unsuspecting buyers.. I will get you a scan. Merry Christmas to you both!
Don't worry, all of my reprints are made with the finest dot matrix printers. A whopping 72 dpi, baby! That way I can still put "vintage" in the title (because the printers are). I also like to leave something to the imagination with my reprints. "I think that's Marilyn, but if I squint a little more, I imagine it could actually be Joe. Hard to tell, as I've never seen Joe in hot pants and heels."

Seriously though, with two young boys in the house, I can hardly find time to work with the original material that I have on hand and maintain a steady stream of smart-alec responses here. I'd love to be caught up to the point that I could even consider starting a side business of flooding eBay with low-quality LoC reprints and responding to e-mails from disappointed buyers, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Just in case though, I'll file any and all scans of Marilyn's legs that are sent my way in the "Super Secret Do Not Share" folder on my computer where I keep the rest of my "For Reference Only" photo scans

Hope everyone had/is having a great Christmas and is looking forward to 2014!

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 12-25-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:49 AM
Bill Boyd

Ben,
Great Marilyn photo, now there's a ballplayer I would not mind getting spiked by.

Looking at that umpire, I don't think he will be able to accurately call the next pitch. (Can't blame him}.
Great thread Ben, Happy Holidays.

Last edited by billyb; 12-26-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGHPro View Post
Amazing present Mike !
Indeed! BEautiful pennant!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 12-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Mikeknapp

Ben,that Monroe photo is awesome as is Mike's pennant. The Hank Aaron stub was a gift from my father it has long been on my want list. The funky early 1970s Bucs watch was a gift from my kids.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg April_8th_1974_Hank_Aaron_passes_Ruth_.jpg (75.1 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg 1971_Pirates_Watch.jpg (71.4 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by 71buc; 12-26-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Adam B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkm90 View Post
A HUGE Thank You to me good friend Mark S. (Perezfan) for helping my wife find and purchase the PERFECT Christmas gift for a Cubs/Tigers pennant collector. I am sooo blessed to have such a dear friend and amazing wife

Congrats Mike! Your wife easily could be in the running for wife of the year!!! That pennant was a must for your collection.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Mike H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerden View Post
Congrats Mike! Your wife easily could be in the running for wife of the year!!! That pennant was a must for your collection.
Thanks Adam...I agree with the wife of the year vote completely.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:10 AM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

Boy, that Cubby Bear on the '35 pennant sure looks dejected!
Old 12-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygary View Post
Must have been able to see the future!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 12-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Mike H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygary View Post
Welcome to the world of being a Cubs Fan...LOL. Thank goodness I get "some" relief as a Tigers fan...some.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:44 AM

Default Yankees autographed seat

Steiner certified

Old 01-06-2014, 04:55 PM

Cool seat.

Did you get the autographs? If so, how?