NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 05-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Al Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcbeatle View Post
1952, 1954, 1957, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967 & 1971. Is that too many :-)
Yes Jerry, you have to whittle it down some
Old 05-09-2018, 04:35 PM
Adam

50s: 52 through 57 are all wonderful, but my favorite is 53. The beautiful paintings and the design are just perfection to me. One of my favorite sets of all time.

60s: 60, 63, 64 and 67 are all in the running, but if I have to pick an absolute favorite, I'll go with....hm. 60, I guess. It's fun and colorful, and I like the side by side shots, similar to the mid 50s sets, and the team logo on the bottom.

70s: 71. Cool design and I dig the black borders. I know everyone loves the 75, but I guess you had to be there. I was an 80s kid. Not crazy at all about the wild colors. I disliked 90 as well, and that was out when I was still in little league, so there you go.

80s: 83 is a great looking set. Another of my all time favorites, and one of the first I started collecting. I also like 84 through 87, but I can take or leave the rest of the decade. That run from 83 to 87 though, produced some memorable designs.

90s: I liked the 91 set quite a bit. Classic style design, and lots of great photos that year. They caught some of the players in cool poses. Ryan, Puckett, Boggs, Clemens and Henderson all come to mind as having stand out cards that year.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:10 AM
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Yes Jerry, you have to whittle it down some
OK ... 1957, 1967 & 1971. This is a tough task for set collectors. And I don't mean the high #'s :-)

Selling: Cards and memorabilia I'm weaning from my collection to fund other collecting interests.
https://www.ebay.com/str/recollectionantiques/
Old 05-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Al Richter

Excellent choices
Old 05-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Peter Spaeth

at the bottom of the heap

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Kris

Default vote best tops set

This is tough but I would go:

1955 Combines everything you would want in a card (logos, great art, unique design, portrait and action, signatures) with just the right amount of each.

1953 Stunning portraits

1965 The pennants and bright colors

1975 Looks like the 70s felt

1980 Those position and team banner wraps. Classy.

https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle.../my-collection