NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Default Fees going up again at Ebay....

Posted By: mark

I love the smile on Bill Cobb's face, he is thinking "CHA CHING". The change is modest according to him, which means a few dollars out of your pocket and $10,000,000 more to EBAY. The only way to get them to keep a set price is competion. I know there is no site out there that can compete but what about the B/S/T board, no fees and cards at great prices
( usually ). Watch out Ebay.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

How much higher are they going?

Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Dear eBay Community Member,

An important part of any business strategy is the regular evaluation of pricing structure. From time to time, we make pricing changes to correct unhealthy dynamics in the eBay marketplace, as was the case last July. Typically, however, we make changes on an annual basis at the beginning of the year.
Today, I'm here to tell you about fee adjustments for eBay.com and eBay Motors which go into effect on January 30, 2007.

Let me say that, while we believe these changes are modest, we consider any changes that may impact our sellers with great care. These adjustments are the result of careful analysis and we believe they're the right thing to do to keep the marketplace strong for our eBay.com and eBay Motors sellers.

Core Listing Fees: Auction-Style & Fixed Price*
Fee Type New Fee Current Fee
Insertion Fee
$1.00 - $9.99 $0.40 $0.35
Final Value Fee
$25.01 - $1000.00 3.25% 3%

Old 01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RayB

and avoid FeeBay as much as possible.

B/S/T is the best place to buy and sell vintage cards. I find it very rewarding as well getting a chance to transact with other passionate collectors.

If you use eBay extensively and haven't tried B/S/T on the sell side, give it a try. No need to pay Final Value Fees here.

RayB

Old 01-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mike

hey sorry im new, how do you get to b/s/t/ and what does it stand for?

Old 01-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator

and see BUY/SELL/TRADE AREA and click on it.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Ebay is still a good place to sell high demand material, as sometimes you will get the double snipe and achieve a much higher price than you would have expected. For more common cards, BST is probably better.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Smith

This is the dark side of companies going public. eBay makes a ton of profit, yet they have to raise fees to keep the analysts happy and the stock price up.

Instead of raising fees, why doesn't eBay buy back some shares? Reducing the number of outstanding shares would keep the price/earnings ratio in line just the same as raising fees and increasing profits....

David

Old 01-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

I'm sure their "customer service" will also increase in quality.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff O

You know, eBay is still the best game in town. Complain about the fees all you want, but how are you going to get more exposure and more money for your items?

Think back... long, long ago.... when if you wanted to sell something you had to go to a show, antique store, etc to sell your stuff. Was it better paying $125 for a table at a decent show, so you could sit around eight hours a day, be annoyed, and sell $1,000 worth of stuff? For the average "collector", selling was a difficult task - dealers had to turn a profit on what they bought, so it's not like you we're getting top dollar.

I recently sold a lot of three baseball books on eBay. They weren't vintage - they were new books published by McFarland that I had read and enjoyed. What would I get at the local used book store - $5-10 maybe? Instead on eBay I get $22.50.

I'll gladly pay the fees. If they become way too high, people will stop selling. But an extra nickle for an $8 item isn't going to keep me away.

Jeff

Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: E, Daniel

I agree Jeff O, fees are ok as long as you sell......just wish they would do something like 50% off if the item doesn't sell and goes full auction time frame.

Daniel

Old 01-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: FrankSutton

The stock price went up $1.42 today. With 190 million shares, founder Pierre Omidyar made $266million ....... today.

I'm such a loser.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: martindl

Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

Insertion fee up by 5c on an item up to $9.99. % to Ebay on final sale up one quarter of one percent up to $1000.

List a card that sells for $1000 with a starting bid of $9.99 and fee's will be up $2.55 from current levels. If the card sells for $1001 and you start it at $10 theres no change.

Ebay is still the best marketplace out there. Much cheaper than a case at a local antique store, ten day exposure if you want it, and its out there every minute of that ten days for millions worldwide to see. (unless you end it early, of course).

Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

I don't think anybody is arguing that eBay isn't the best marketplace for most sellers/buyers. Having said that, I also don't think that their frequent fee hikes should go unnoticed. For those who do high volumes on eBay, the insertion fees, final value fees, Paypal fees, etc. add up.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:23 AM
Administrator

Omidyar made $266 million in one day...Geez, that's more than I make in a year!