NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 02-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Josh

Default Is there a slow season for vintage baseball?

I have a couple of mid to high end cards to sell. When would be the best time of year to list them using ebay auction? I was planning to wait for spring training, but now I'm wondering if the timing even matters for vintage cards.

Last edited by sickmantz; 02-02-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:24 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmantz View Post
I have a couple of mid to high end cards to sell. When would be the best time of year to list them using ebay auction? I was planning to wait for spring training, but now I'm wondering if the timing even matters for vintage cards.
I have often wondered that myself?

Having only joined just over a year ago and getting back into the hobby after a 40+ year absence, I am not the guy to answer your question, but I seen a lull during this past Christmas and a major boom last summer.

I think, from what I gathered, last summer was an anomaly as prices quickly fell back down to earth last fall, this winter.

I am currently trying to sell/trade some Beehive hockey cards but haven't received one hit yet. I was thinking, with hockey season currently in progress, this would be the time to sell, but that's not conclusive as it also depends on what other collectors are looking for and Beehives might not be it?
Old 02-03-2017, 04:22 AM
Ne@l K

Depends on what it is .... you can also ask yourself if you ever stop looking and buying during certain months. For me, I get real busy in the spring with Little League, which then carries into the summer with other activities, so buying cards becomes less of a "priority."

Good stuff will always sell.

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 02-03-2017, 06:43 AM

This came up in the past on the pre-war side and I think the consensus was that certain cards always sell well, but others are affected by tax season....both positive and negative.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:51 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
For me, traditionally, August through November are my slowest months selling vintage cards. My busiest months (# of cards sold per day) are December, February, June and January (in that order).
Old 02-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Jim McKinley

Smile Actually...

Actually.... the market spikes whenever I am trying to buy something and crashes whenever I am trying to sell something.

I must have perfect timing!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL1944 View Post
Actually.... the market spikes whenever I am trying to buy something and crashes whenever I am trying to sell something.

I must have perfect timing!
Ha, same here.

Alright, looks like I should just list the cards.

What's the best day/time to end an auction?
Old 02-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Ha, same here.

Alright, looks like I should just list the cards.

What's the best day/time to end an auction?
10pm EST ... or so I have heard

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others