NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Default O/T: Report: MLB trying to suspend A-Rod and many others up to 100 games!!

Link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...001952922.html

Post # 7

Last edited by Zone91; 06-04-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Awesome. Maybe if we get some of these good players off the other teams, my Royals might actually win a game. Emphasis on "might"....
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 PM
Jeff

Yankees are probably praying for a much longer suspension.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Awesome. Maybe if we get some of these good players off the other teams, my Royals might actually win a game. Emphasis on "might"....
Brian,
For that to happen they would have to suspend all major league pitching.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Brian,
For that to happen they would have to suspend all major league pitching.
Well, I did say "might".....

Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Will gladly trade you A-Rod for a player to be named later.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Will gladly trade you A-Rod for a player to be named later.
His stats are only slightly worse than the Royals 3B and he hasn't played all year!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

A-Rod will soon be passing Willie Mays in Home Runs (he has 647 and Mays had 660) and he is only 99 hits away from 3000 hits. To bad he had to use drugs. If he had not used drugs and had those numbers he would be remembered as one of the all time greats!!!

Post # 7

Last edited by Zone91; 06-04-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

gonna disrupt a few fantasy teams, from what i read, Braun, e.cabrera, nelson cruz, that rookie pitcher on MIA forgot his name, fernandez i think and a few others
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:20 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone91 View Post
A-Rod will soon be passing Willie Mays in Home Runs (he has 647 and Mays had 660) and he is only 99 hits away from 3000 hits. To bad he had to use drugs. If he had not used drugs and had those numbers he would be remembered as one of the all time greats!!!
Post # 7
Adrian, Do you mean A-Rod or Mays?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Paul S

Hahaha

A-Rod!!

Post # 8
Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Jim M.arinari

Next thing you know, the NY dailies will be calling him A-Roid. Oh, wait, nevermind...

Last edited by Deertick; 06-04-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Adrian, Do you mean A-Rod or Mays?
Paul,

I am quite sure Zone is referring to A-Rod; however, have something deeper to add.

What would the discussions about Bonds be like if Selig stepped in and ran interference on Barry's Career HR record chase in the manner Zone is alluding to? Imagine if the Commissioner had taken steps to prevent Bonds from breaking Aaron's record.

Instead of doing this...when he had the power to do so, Bud stood alongside Barry...with a look on his face that resembled a grown man sucking on a lemon...while Hammerin' Hank delivered a video of his "congratulatory" speech.

The whole thing stunk to high heavens, in my humble opinion. It was absolutely rotten. Barry had less than 10 more career homers than Hank. And none of the teams in MLB picked up Bonds the following year...and they could have had him for a song.

Please know that I am not knocking you here, my friend.

Best Regards,

Eric

Last edited by Eric72; 06-05-2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: My original post wandered into the weeds a bit.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Hopefully A-Rod's sorry ass is never in a Yankee uniform again. The worst move Cashman ever made was signing the last A-Rod deal.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:18 AM
Barry Sloate

Does anyone else feel it might be best if Arod retired? He can't hit anymore, he's often injured, he's a huge distraction to the team, he will probably now miss the entire 2013 season into 2014, and he has maybe the worst contract (for his team) in baseball history. Everything coming from him these days is bad news. And he'll be pushing 39 assuming he does return.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Paul,

I am quite sure Zone is referring to A-Rod; ....

Best Regards,

Eric
Eric, he got my joke, he laughed at it!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:46 AM
pete ullman

i would love to see AROD retire!!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:07 AM
Glyn Parson

Default People have

Cheated throughout baseballs history pretending it was such an honorable game is laughable. Their have always and always will be cheats and no it does not bother me. I would rather they use drugs that make them better than destroy their careers ala Dave Parker and Keith Hernandez. just may humble probably stupid to somes opinion.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:33 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Cheated throughout baseballs history pretending it was such an honorable game is laughable. Their have always and always will be cheats and no it does not bother me. I would rather they use drugs that make them better than destroy their careers ala Dave Parker and Keith Hernandez. just may humble probably stupid to somes opinion.
If they only would have used drugs for good, instead of evil.

But I agree with your point behind it. Baseball's sanctimonious attitude toward wrong doers and cheaters only comes forth when it is "politically" expedient to do so.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
I LOVE the Royals (being an AL Central guy), and it's so sad seeing Hosmer and Moose playing the way they are
Old 06-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Does anyone else feel it might be best if Arod retired? He can't hit anymore, he's often injured, he's a huge distraction to the team, he will probably now miss the entire 2013 season into 2014, and he has maybe the worst contract (for his team) in baseball history. Everything coming from him these days is bad news. And he'll be pushing 39 assuming he does return.
He can still hit if he were healthy, I'd just love to see what he can do with one more healthy season then determine to hang it up or not.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Though Braun did fail the test a few years ago, they overturned it, can they actually suspend him for 100 games without even having served the 50 games first (for 1st offenders)?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:19 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Though Braun did fail the test a few years ago, they overturned it, can they actually suspend him for 100 games without even having served the 50 games first (for 1st offenders)?
From the original article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
The argument, the source said, is that the players' connection to Bosch constitutes one offense, and previous statements to MLB officials denying any such connection or the use of PEDs constitute another.
So they are accusing every person on the list of an automatic 2 strikes if found guilty.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
From the original article:

So they are accusing every person on the list of an automatic 2 strikes if found guilty.
Wow, this is historic. Thanks for the info Andy, only had time to briefly skim it
Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Hopefully A-Rod's sorry ass is never in a Yankee uniform again. The worst move Cashman ever made was signing the last A-Rod deal.
Cashman didn't want to.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:50 PM

Default Take the juice out of baseball players... and the ball

Here's a real old school idea: let's take steroids out of both player and ball. Return to the Deadball Era!
Old 06-05-2013, 04:04 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Cashman didn't want to.
That is what Cashman says now. And maybe he was answering for the Yankee brass then, but I distinctly remember when Alfonso Soriano, who had a couple of dynamite back-to-back years at that point, that Cashman said something to the effect that, When you have a chance to get Rodriguez, that's what you do. Not a quote, but pretty close.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Alex

Quote:
I don't think he should. The Yankees wanted to give him that contract and now they have to deal with it. I think he stick around and collect that $100 million. That is the only way baseball contracts will ever come under control.

However, it would be interesting to see what would happen if the Yankees tried to void his deal.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:24 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
I don't think he should. The Yankees wanted to give him that contract and now they have to deal with it. I think he stick around and collect that $100 million. That is the only way baseball contracts will ever come under control.

However, it would be interesting to see what would happen if the Yankees tried to void his deal.
If memory serves me well, the Yanks assumed the contract that A-Rod had signed with Texas.

The MLB Players Union, one of the strongest unions anywhere, would never allow that contract to be renegotiated without Alex's consent, which I personally doubt he would ever do.

Last edited by Paul S; 06-05-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Jim Hopkins

I don't see this happening. The word of a drug dealer against the players union is not a battle I see Bud fighting.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

I see Marvin fighting from six feet under.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMitchell View Post
Here's a real old school idea: let's take steroids out of both player and ball. Return to the Deadball Era!
Jack Nicklaus had a similar suggestion to the PGA years ago but it was more an equipment issue. Go retro on the clubs and balls and the golf courses don't have to be 7000+ yard monsters.

Last edited by auggiedoggy; 06-05-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Archive

Quote:
A co-worker and I were talking about this tonight and I said that A-rod will probably pull a Manny.

Jantz