NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Chris Morales Suing Steve Cyrkin

Chris Morales is suing Steve Cyrkin of Autograph Magazine. Below is the link to Steve's article. I hope this lawsuit reaches a National Level Of Attention. Morales deserves all of the attention he seems to desire.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...g_com_blogpost
Old 03-21-2011, 07:04 PM
J@son M1ller

Default Fantastic

you'd think he'd be smart enough to keep his mouth shut. THis is definitely a good thing. Though it isn't fun to be sued, the truth comes out in a lawsuit and his actions will get more light shed on them.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Steve Zarelli

The truth is the ultimate defense, however, it's sad and disappointing that it will probably cost Steve thousands of dollars he'll never recover.

Things like this certainly cause a chilling effect on speaking out... and I'm sure that is the intended effect.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
The truth is the ultimate defense, however, it's sad and disappointing that it will probably cost Steve thousands of dollars he'll never recover.

Things like this certainly cause a chilling effect on speaking out... and I'm sure that is the intended effect.
It makes me want to speak out even more!!!

That's why terrorism is so effective. It's the "terror" that makes people stop, think and become scared and worried.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
It makes me want to speak out even more!!!

That's why terrorism is so effective. It's the "terror" that makes people stop, think and become scared and worried.
I wouldn't be worried in the least. He can sue all day long. The fact is, MORAL ASS is a complete boob, joke and boil on the MORAL ASS of society. I hope the scum sucking, low lying, bottom feeder gets what's coming to him for perpetrating fraud so long on this hobby.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

can you image Morales during the discovery phase where lawyers get to ask him questions under oath?

As Barry Bonds found out, not a good idea to lie under oath!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
can you image Morales during the discovery phase where lawyers get to ask him questions under oath?

As Barry Bonds found out, not a good idea to lie under oath!
Go to the below link:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...g_com_blogpost
Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

That's too funny. I guess it's going to take judges and lawyers in the hobby to attack the credibility of these "authenticators" before we can get them out of the business. Once they're gone, we can get at the dealers.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:51 PM

My favorite part of the testimony is when he admits to using Mark Allen Baker's "Baseball Hall Of Fame Handbook" (or named something like that), even though that book is full of fraudulent examples. Basically ALL of the pre-1900 examples, as if Dan Brouthers and Tim Keefe signed like infants.

So the forger provides him with "those famous signed cuts" that used THAT BOOK to create the examples and he matches it up and it's a go for a certificate? I have authentic exemplars of both, but a man whose job it is to know signatures doesn't? So anyone who has this book can be an authenticator?

DanC
Old 03-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc View Post
My favorite part of the testimony is when he admits to using Mark Allen Baker's "Baseball Hall Of Fame Handbook" (or named something like that), even though that book is full of fraudulent examples. Basically ALL of the pre-1900 examples, as if Dan Brouthers and Tim Keefe signed like infants.

So the forger provides him with "those famous signed cuts" that used THAT BOOK to create the examples and he matches it up and it's a go for a certificate? I have authentic exemplars of both, but a man whose job it is to know signatures doesn't? So anyone who has this book can be an authenticator?

DanC
Well written, Dan. How about the part when he (Morales) was asked by the judge "Did you perform an ink analysis?" and he (Morales) replies "I looked at the ink." Is that how a real "forensic examiner" replies to a question like that!!!??? And some of his exemplars where photographs he took at the Smithsonian!!!??? What the heck....!!!

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 03-23-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 PM

Reading requires looking at the ink.

Last edited by drc; 03-23-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:24 AM

It's about time somebody sued that trash of a blog site. All they do is bash people and items with nothing to back it up.

2 people are being sued from that blog, with more to come from what I have heard.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Je.ff Cl.ark

So Morales is a fraud, No kidding! Try checking out some of the laughable claims and credentials of a few of JSA's "experts". Give me a break!

Jeff Clark
Old 03-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Dan Bretta

All posts in this thread should have their name on them...if they are not edited to put a name on they will be deleted.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringking View Post
It's about time somebody sued that trash of a blog site. All they do is bash people and items with nothing to back it up.

2 people are being sued from that blog, with more to come from what I have heard.
So you are saying Cyrkin has no reason to criticize Morales? "Nothing to back it up"?

Who are you?

- Steve Zarelli
Old 03-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I can answer that

Quote:
So you are saying Cyrkin has no reason to criticize Morales? "Nothing to back it up"?

Who are you?

- Steve Zarelli
I think Cori has left our forum because I posted his name but that's the way it is.......

Name: Ringking

My name, Cori Broswavic

champringking@yahoo.com

Phone number 317-xxx-xxxx
Old 10-11-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I think Cori has left our forum because I posted his name but that's the way it is.......

Name: Ringking

My name, Cori Broswavic

champringking@yahoo.com

Phone number 317-xxx-xxxx

Ask them about it.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
still here leon... And Roger and Cyrkin are still being sued, and losing the court battle.

Ask them about it.
Leaving and coming back after more then a year does not qualify as still here.

It's qualifies as you running and then figuring the coast is clear.

Either way, your a fool. Better to let sleeping dogs lie.

Why come back after 19 months just to stir stuff up again.

What a fool.

Chris F.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 AM

Wow.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

.....and this lawsuit is STILL...going on after all this time. Seems like the only people that are going to win are the......lawyers!

As usual..
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
still here leon... And Roger and Cyrkin are still being sued, and losing the court battle.

Ask them about it.
What makes you say they are losing?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 10-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
What makes you say they are losing?
He'll let you know in 2014.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Ring King I will bet you 2000 dollars that they don't loose the case. I will put the money up with Leon.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
He'll let you know in 2014.
He seems to be the Net54 equivalent of Haley's Comet, eh?

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-14-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
He seems to be the Net54 equivalent of Haley's Comet, eh?
No kidding.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Ring King I will bet you 2000 dollars that they don't loose the case. I will put the money up with Leon.
Well, if Cori Broswavic (Raiderman or CHEFRAIDER) won the bet, the winnings would be garnished by Roger Epperson. For those who do not know, Roger Epperson sucessfully sued Cori Broswavic (aka aka Chefraider, Cori Raiderman and other names) for a $200,000 judgment ($100,000 actual and $100,000 punitive damages).

You can read the details here:
http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...person-vs-cori
Old 10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Well I have Rodger hold my money instead. Leon can hold the other guys.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Well I have Rodger hold my money instead. Leon can hold the other guys.
quite honestly I don't want to hold anyone's money. I just want everyone to have their names in their posts when they need to be. I don't ask for much .
Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I'll gladly take your money.

According to the court documents, they asked for a court mediation, yet are still stalling when it comes to that. (something that was NEVER offered to me, yet according to texas law and what they have said, it's mandated by the courts in civil suits in texas. If so, why was I never offered it??? Why are they begging for it?)

A court of law works differently then a blog, and I think they and you will find that out. Just because you say something does not make it a fact.

"A lie undiscovered becomes the truth" for some....
And my personal favorite "it's not a lie, if you believe it"

Anybody that reads what is going on in this case can see everything points to Chris getting a victory.

Last edited by Ringking; 10-14-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Well, if Cori Broswavic (Raiderman or CHEFRAIDER) won the bet, the winnings would be garnished by Roger Epperson. For those who do not know, Roger Epperson sucessfully sued Cori Broswavic (aka aka Chefraider, Cori Raiderman and other names) for a $200,000 judgment ($100,000 actual and $100,000 punitive damages).

You can read the details here:
http://live.autographmagazine.com/pr...person-vs-cori
Yes, he won a TEXAS judgement, (by default as I could not afford to defend the case) I live in INDIANA. False documents were issued in that court case to win the said judgement. There is no garnishment as the Indiana courts don't Recognize or accept the case.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

A lot of people win court cases that way, and it doesn't mean the trier of facts rejected your case and you lost based on factual evidence. It just means you didn't participate for whatever reason, and the most common is the ability to fund a defense, especially one in another state. Nothing factual was settled in regard to the plaintiff or the defendant.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Yes, he won a TEXAS judgement, (by default as I could not afford to defend the case) I live in INDIANA. False documents were issued in that court case to win the said judgement. There is no garnishment as the Indiana courts don't Recognize or accept the case.
Looks like the Mayans may be right. The world is ending in 2012.

Haley's Comet has visited three times in one year.

Last edited by Cfern023; 10-15-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:34 AM

The only thing I can add is that I bought some stuff from someone before (fake, misdescribed, etc) and would have had to fly to his home state to sue HIM... So I don't think the Texas judgement will uphold if the SELLER is in a different state (I'm no lawyer so maybe someone can correct me, this is simply what I was told when I spoke with lawyers)

I have nothing to contribute for either side of the argument and do not read the site the plaintiff mods/runs/whatever.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
I'll gladly take your money.

According to the court documents, they asked for a court mediation, yet are still stalling when it comes to that. (something that was NEVER offered to me, yet according to texas law and what they have said, it's mandated by the courts in civil suits in texas. If so, why was I never offered it??? Why are they begging for it?)

A court of law works differently then a blog, and I think they and you will find that out. Just because you say something does not make it a fact.

"A lie undiscovered becomes the truth" for some....
And my personal favorite "it's not a lie, if you believe it"

Anybody that reads what is going on in this case can see everything points to Chris getting a victory.
CHRIS is a DICK..PERIOD!!!! and so are you

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 10-15-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
The irony of this statement amused me.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Max Weder

What is the style of cause? Are the court documents in this case available for on-line viewing?

Thanks,

Max
Old 10-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

You have said your would be glad to take my money. Who would you pick to hold the cash? Leon said no so pick out one of the lawyers on this site and lets get the money in there hands.
I also want you to explain what a win is because when Rodger beat you it was not a win.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I don't think the Texas judgement will uphold if the SELLER is in a different state (I'm no lawyer so maybe someone can correct me, this is simply what I was told when I spoke with lawyers)
Um, actually, it will. Under the Full Faith and Credit clause of the U.S. Constitution states are required to honor the civil money judgments of other state courts:

"A final judgment in one State, if rendered by a court with adjudicatory authority over the subject matter and persons governed by the judgment, qualifies for recognition throughout the land." Baker v. General Motors 522 U.S. 222

The most likely reasons for nonenforcement are logistics and expense. The TX creditor would have to hire counsel in IN and convert the TX judgment into an IN judgment then enforce it there.

The only way to try to avoid the judgment is to attack it on jurisdictional grounds.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 10-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Richard Simon

Obviously Ringking, despite declaring himself as royalty, cannot come up with any money.
Even in the light of that, I will take a shot and take some of that betting action too if we can come up with someone to hold the dough.
$500 King??
If you got $2500 King then you can win $2500,,, here is your chance.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-18-2012 at 06:10 PM.