NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Default The worst news a collector could possibly hear

Posted By: tbob

In checking with GAI, my shipment of around 20 graded E98s was shipped on October 15th but never arrived. UPS shows it started at Laguna Hills, CA on 10-15 and arrived at Little Rock, AR on 10-26 where it was scanned as having arrived but never scanned as having departed. Apparently it has set in Little Rock for 18 days (if I am lucky and it wasn't stolen by an employee).
Good God, how much fun

Old 11-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Administrator

UPS will now start an investigation. The interesting thing is why it took 11 days for the package to get from CA to Arkansas in the first place.
One of the cards was a Clarke with Old Put back stamp. Based on its rarity, it should be easy to spot if anyone ever tries to sell one, either in a GAI slab or raw (cracked out of the holder).

Old 11-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PASJD

What a nightmare. I have never had anything of that magnitude happen but I have had cards being shipped to me lost or ripped out of their envelopes and I sympathize completely. Maybe you will get lucky and it just got misplaced at a UPS facility somehow.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

Last month, I purchased 5 T206 cards I needed for my collection off of ebay, including a Huggins portrait card. The seller sent them registered mail, and the USPS had a record of them being delivered to my building, but my doorman had no record of the USPS having signed for the delivery. My cards were both delivered and never delivered at the same time. Since I was only out of pocket about $60, I have just chosen to move on (as opposed to interplead the USPS against my doorman). But, I do entertain a fantasy that one day I will come home and be greeted by the 5 cards I did spend money on once upon a time...

Old 11-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Although it takes more time I really think Registered US mail is the best way to go. I never use UPS as I have had too many bad experiences with them. I use Fed Ex for all expedited delivery since I have a separate insurance policy.

Sorry that has happened.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Administrator

What really ticks me off is I used USPS Registered Mail to send them to GAI but I don't recall GAI telling me I had the option of having them sent back to me that way. I am not thrilled with UPS either, they delight in tossing boxes of graded cards in our front flower gardens or behind bushes and not leaving a notice that they delivered anything. This time they didn't even have a chance to lose it as it was probably stolen by their own employee.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

And people wonder I why I despise UPS. There is nothing that pathetic worthless POS company can do to ever win me back a customer. At least they are claiming to investigate. They didn't even offer me that even when I showed that there was strong prbability that one of their employees was responsible for the disappearances. They just handed me a check and told me to go away, that's what insurance is for.

UPS lost more of my packages in a 3 month period than the USPS has lost since 1981.

Jay

I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

i can definitely sympathize with you right now...i had my first mishap with usps recently when a package was ripped and a scarce e105 wagner throwing variation was lost. nothing compared to your batch of e98s but the hurt and anger is still the same. i find the best method is still usps and registered mail, where i work we've lost our fair share of ups and fedex packages.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

Hope your cards are found and returned to you soon. Still, allow me to opine that yours is not the worst news a collector can hear. That would be, IMHO, "No sir, we have no leads on finding the more than 3/4 of your uninsured pre-war collection that was stolen from your house October 20th, and we do not expect that those cards will ever be recovered". These are essentially the words I've been told

Old 11-15-2004, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

In Transit -
On Time
Sched. Delivery: Nov 15, 2004
Shipped to: WEST DUNDEE, IL, US
Service Type: GROUND

Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of Nov 15, 2004.

it's 5:45 pm now and i'm waiting for the ups man.it is dark outside so i haven't looked in the bushes or asked the neighbors if he left it there.WHY would any seller use UPS???? SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE YOUR LOST SHIPMENT BUT, THE WORST IS THE STOLEN CARDS.