NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-28-2002, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Default Tango Eggs Heated Debate

Posted By: ty_cobb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1863224111

Okay I see Doug and Pete n' the boys giving it
a go on a few of the Tango Eggs this seller has.
Now EXCUSE ME while I stoke the fire, but is it
really neccesary for i.own.it to bid, who probably
has the card already anyways, and then jack it a
bit more with the kiyokazu handle?

Same issue on Buck Weaver(Tinker). Lot's of poker
going on, what's the game?

Old 09-28-2002, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dr.Koos

...it's a subtle variation on Russian Roulette a la "Deer Hunter", but with THREE guns and THREE bullets in each revolver.....ALL POINTED AT YOU!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ty_cobb

The Deerhunter reminds me of work,funny how
I'm still at the table,damn gun just won't go
off. Click. I call the new guy at work #27.

When the Tango Eggs Cobb comes up for bid,
maybe you n' me can play the game.

Old 09-28-2002, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

Your obviously not a seasoned collector/dealer born in the 50's like most of us here so i'll give you the formula for my success in collectibles!
First you are bred into a family of heavy collectors who own tow coin shops in New York City and Toms River New Jersey that you worked in as a boy and study up on your collecting. Then you move to California where your brother owns a coin shop and your parents buy a bowling alley and three restaurants were you pick and pull coins from daily and take all your untaxed childhood pay and buy baseball cards after reading "Grand Slam" magazine and becoming very interested in them.......all the while your ( my) local team,the Oakland A's are helping baseball become popular ( 71-72* ) so you start to work for a baseball card shop at the Lucky's shopping center and away we go!

You then graduate from the gemological institute of America and get a job selling gemstones to jewelry stores for a major wholesaler and eventually buy one of his stores in a plush and very wealthy community ,such as Los Gatos California. You make giant coin selling jewelry to people for 5 times it's value and 10 times it's cost at Macy's because the rich folks in the neighborhood love over paying to have braging rights! You then take some of the proceeds from the jewelry store and buy a "game store" in Saratoga California that you also sell baseball cards and coins in. You rotate your lower quality,lower grade cards through your tax exempt business by creating a "U.B.O."...( unincorportated business operation )i.e. complex trust system......anyway, you write and call many many T-Bobs you meet at shows you fly all over the country for 15 years buying and selling out of a Haliburton briefcase. ...and when the deal is there you promptly peel off $30k in hundreds to pay for the entire known Tango Brand Egg" find and start selling them to known contacts you have made thorugh card dealings over the years.....( Doug and I and Alan Silvers marketed MY find for three years! ). Now surely,"TY", you can imagine that I know a lot of collectors who do not read this board nor have the time or patience for e-bay I can sell Tango Egg" cards to right? And yes 'TY" I still have a pile of these if you want $ome! So you see,I not only bid on them to resell them........but for future purposes,I do not mind owning more.Hell! I'm kind of attached to them if you know what I mean! I have posters of them I made if you would like some of those as well. I hung some in a few rooms and in my garage. Anyway TY,NO ONE will ever get these cheap as long as I am alive! If you like,e-mail me and I will tell you how much I would be willing to pay for ANY of them in ANY quanity because that price plus 15% is what I can sell them for with a phone call to contacts i have had for years......so now what is your exact problem with me and my bidding habits??? Oh yeah,Kiyokazu that's right!!!Sorry, I almost forgot....let me help you out there as well because your to busy being suspicious rather than using your noodle! I rebid on the cards in both my accounts because

a) I just want to "bookmark bid" on these in my two accounts knowing they will go higher and in case I am doing something on one account when the auction is close to ending ( did you notice how many items I have bid on??)...I have not the need to log out and relog in to inconvienance you or whoever by exercising power and pushing buttons that blow you out. Does that make sense.......here is my motto to accompany my egotistical handle: " If I want it..."i.own.it!" and " if YOU want it...i.own.it!" it's the golden rule! he who has the gold rules!!! So I hope I cleared all this up for you........because you seem to have needed to know how and why someone bids on things they know how to market and have had the pleasure of maintaining a price standard for.If you need more help in learning how this works in greater detail....just call me or e-mail me...( 1-800-collect*) if necessary and save me a buck or two! I'll be happy to tell you how some of us do it and why we bid on cards we can afford multiples of! next ,you'll be accusing me of being the guy who consigned them to Seth!!! Feel free to call or write him. I can assure you that he does not need me bid up on his cards either.He has plenty of both cards and coin as well!!! with love in cards, love me, Kiyoiownit! hey Ty, I do not know what you do for a living bro....but if you need a job..let me know!

Old 09-28-2002, 09:08 PM
Administrator

You will NEVER..... ever own a Tango Egg Cobb!
I would not sell it to you for $6ok

Old 09-28-2002, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

When does everybody get to see "me and the boss"?

Old 09-29-2002, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: RBCraik

Brian,
I still have the PSA 8 Buck Weaver (although pix is really Tinker's arse) I bought from you. You can have it back for double bro! Excuse me while I reload...

Old 09-29-2002, 11:32 AM
Administrator

You sold it to Dr. Scott Whittenburg of LSU* last year! Where do you think I have been bro? I sold him four other's you or anyone else did not have! I know where they are and who has what! "i.own.it!"

Old 09-29-2002, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I'm just interested in the "anatomy of a find" if you will, you know, how they come about, what the initial story was of the seller, and so forth. Can you fill us in on this sort of stuff?

Old 09-29-2002, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RBCraik

Brian,
Not true. He backed out of the deal because I could not find him a PSA 8 Bescher. The MOST common of them all! At that time none were available. Axe him!

Old 09-29-2002, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: B C D

Do you really still have it then?

Funny, I have a pile of Beschers that would grade 8 and sold a few already! Thanks for the lead!!!

Old 09-29-2002, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Toscata

Brian, all you needed to type is "I am a psychopath" would have saved much time on the keyboard....please quit bidding on my auctions as i.own.it!, bidding*closed, kiyo or whatever...pretty much dont want to deal with you...

Old 09-29-2002, 11:01 PM
Administrator

**** you! The mother than ****** you and lick my *** ****! Your a yellow spined **** *** for writing this!

Old 09-29-2002, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Thanks for helping me make my point Brian!!

Old 09-29-2002, 11:53 PM
Administrator

already nullified my bid and of course someone elses! But of course after doing this and after I informed you YESTERDAY that you have purchased no less than 13 cards from me over the past 9 months,you had to post my handles anyway being the vitriolic,jealous and insecure ******* you are! A typical Putz lacking in self esteem and needing to blame it on me as you did because I would NOT sell you Tango Egg cards you wanted two years ago! Feel free to page me at the next national and anyone else on this board who wants to laugh at me slap you silly right in front of them. I am not the type who hides behind screens when yellow spinny merds like yourself apprach me! I would love to see you do this just for my entertainment!

Old 09-29-2002, 11:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Daniels

**** YOUR MOTHER IN HER ******* IN HELL!

Old 09-30-2002, 12:17 AM
Administrator

ok, whatever....another pack of lies. as for you last statement, I think I will be there for that one old man...