NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

WOW! Not only are the hackers selling bogus stuff, they're shilling as well.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180620750109

It's too bad no one can contact s***g, to let him know what's up. I don't understand exactly how ebay thinks they're helping anyone by hiding user names.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default not so fast......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Throw in some warm tortillas with that chorizo and eggs and you've really got heaven.
You forgot the Tobasco sauce. IS anything with chorizo and eggs even edible without good 'ole hot sauce?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default name please

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
You're full of it and you know it. You just listed an ugly Joe Torre, too.
Hi there Truth,
You really need to put your full name in your posts. I also noticed posts in other threads that were really crossing the line. Please go back the last few days and either edit your posts or please put your full name in them. Nothing personal.....and I agree with most of what you say, but my name is out here. thanks for your cooperation. You can email me or PM me if you would like to talk about it, but the rules aren't changing anytime soon. best regards
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakNchop View Post
First of all, I did post on my other forums that this happened. If you go to General Sports Card Talk on SCF, my most active site you will see a thread I posted just to let everyone know. Why does corned beef hash backgrounds continuing to sell mean anything? I have the template on there saved so it just takes a click or two. I also have many of them as future auctions. I do not know what melmotmel is.

If anybody posts a reply to this thread, other than a moderator (which there doesn't seem to be any of) you will not come out happy. I am always nice to my fellow collectors, but when someone tries to hurt me in anyway I will not stand here like a sissy and let you guys run right over me. If you want to try anything, do it on my home court where I don't have 20 people trying to figure out ways to proove that I am "the hacker" and posted these auctions. I didn't, BTW.
Then please explain this to us. On Jan. 1, 2011 and thereafter, you listed quite a few auctions for a "Corned Beef Hash Background." I will assume that is your auction. Then on Feb. 3, 2011 there was another "Corned Beef Hash Background" listed for auction on Ebay. Are you telling us that the "hacker" listed the one posted on Feb. 3, 2011? Why would the hacker list one of your "Corned Beef Hash Background" auctions? There's no money in it? If a Ebay account is compromised it is because the "hacker" wants to sell high-end junk. Also, as of today, why hasn't your situation been rectified by Ebay if you have contacted them? This is very confusing to all of us.
Banned

Oh and in an answer to my the psot about I should be happy that you guys notified me, well of course I would be if I saw a post titled, "omg steak!!!!!!! some1 got on your account!!!!!!!!!!!!" Instead of, "WE HAVE CAUGHT HIM AT LAST, THE GREAT SCAMMER STEAK."

Also, the reason I haven't gotten a reply back from eBay yet is I emailed them. Being a 14 year old, you often sound like you aren't an adult on the phone. Or sometimes they call you, "Well Ma'am, etc etc etc.)

And me with my underdeveloped brain I can't even argue with you guys. You overmatch me like the Yankees playing the Red Sox. (Yankees overmatching) Just give me a summer vacation here and stop bothering me on something that isn't your problem. Kapesh?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Then please explain this to us. On Jan. 1, 2011 and thereafter, you listed quite a few auctions for a "Corned Beef Hash Background." I will assume that is your auction. Then on Feb. 3, 2011 there was another "Corned Beef Hash Background" listed for auction on Ebay. Are you telling us that the "hacker" listed the one posted on Feb. 3, 2011? Why would the hacker list one of your "Corned Beef Hash Background" auctions? There's no money in it? If a Ebay account is compromised it is because the "hacker" wants to sell high-end junk. Also, as of today, why hasn't your situation been rectified by Ebay if you have contacted them? This is very confusing to all of us.
Read my new post. Also, a corned beef hash background just sold for $1. So that is about $0.60 after fees. Maybe he wanted it to look like I'm still on there and supply ammunition for people like this? It is my view that I know who the hacker is, the only person I left negative feedback for. The person tried to get me kicked off eBay for it and clearly was not very fond of me for whatever reason.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:49 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Truth, I've been wondering this since I started on this site. Are you the guy on youtube, that exposes all the fake stuff from ebay?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:51 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I find it kinda funny that this dude is 14, and coincidentally all the fake stuff on his ebay account look like they've been signed by a 14 year old.

The ball's been removed, just in case anyone was wondering.

Last edited by novakjr; 02-04-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Banned

Maybe this is truth?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wviZi0ieI
Old 02-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
I find it kinda funny that this dude is 14, and coincidentally all the fake stuff on his ebay account look like they've been signed by a 14 year old.
LOL.
Go on Sports Card Forum Articles and you'll see some excellent articles by me, which shows I'm not exactly a moron who can't sign anything well. Also, being an artist, I would do a much better imitation of some of these autographs.

Last edited by SteakNchop; 02-04-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Banned

It looks like some of the other listings are also removed. I guess someone reported it.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Oh and in an answer to my the psot about I should be happy that you guys notified me, well of course I would be if I saw a post titled, "omg steak!!!!!!! some1 got on your account!!!!!!!!!!!!" Instead of, "WE HAVE CAUGHT HIM AT LAST, THE GREAT SCAMMER STEAK."

Also, the reason I haven't gotten a reply back from eBay yet is I emailed them. Being a 14 year old, you often sound like you aren't an adult on the phone. Or sometimes they call you, "Well Ma'am, etc etc etc.)

And me with my underdeveloped brain I can't even argue with you guys. You overmatch me like the Yankees playing the Red Sox. (Yankees overmatching) Just give me a summer vacation here and stop bothering me on something that isn't your problem. Kapesh?
I don't think your brain is underdeveloped, I think your problem may come from inbreeding... and the word is "Capisce"...Capisce?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
I don't think your brain is underdeveloped, I think your problem may come from inbreeding... and the word is "Capisce"...Capisce?
Inbreeding?
No, I prefer outbreeding. Much more fun that way.

Last edited by SteakNchop; 02-04-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Barry Sloate

Does anyone have an aspirin?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Christopher Williams

Default All removed

All of the autographs have been removed, but the other listings are still active. I think that says it all.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
All of the autographs have been removed, but the other listings are still active. I think that says it all.
What does that mean? I assume people here reported it?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:18 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
I'd like to give the kid the benefit of the doubt, but I just don't think I can. I have to agree with you.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned

If these items were reported then they would be removed. Simple. I assume with all the views this has gotten that a lot of people have reported them, including me.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:20 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Dude, seriously. What's with corned beef hash fetish?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:21 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
If these items were reported then they would be removed. Simple. I assume with all the views this has gotten that a lot of people have reported them, including me.
And which account exactly did you report these from? One of you secondary shilling accounts?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Banned

The corned beef hash was just too good to not share. :d

Last edited by SteakNchop; 02-04-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
And which account exactly did you report these from? One of you secondary shilling accounts?
No, in the same email I sent to customer service. (which hasn't been replied to) As well as my best friends account.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Christopher Williams

Default You should be happy.

Quote:
What does that mean? I assume people here reported it?
I assume that you are very happy those autographs were removed.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Banned

Yes, I am. My only problem is getting my account back now.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:28 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
First of all, I did post on my other forums that this happened. If you go to General Sports Card Talk on SCF, my most active site you will see a thread I posted just to let everyone know. Why does corned beef hash backgrounds continuing to sell mean anything? I have the template on there saved so it just takes a click or two. I also have many of them as future auctions. I do not know what melmotmel is.

If anybody posts a reply to this thread, other than a moderator (which there doesn't seem to be any of) you will not come out happy. I am always nice to my fellow collectors, but when someone tries to hurt me in anyway I will not stand here like a sissy and let you guys run right over me. If you want to try anything, do it on my home court where I don't have 20 people trying to figure out ways to proove that I am "the hacker" and posted these auctions. I didn't, BTW.
Try something on your home court? You freaking came here! Now go home and get your shine box

Edited to add my full name...Andrew White

Sorry Leon...I assumed that my name was out there somewhere. My apologies!

Last edited by whitehse; 02-04-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
Try something on your home court? You freaking came here! Now go home and get your shine box
No, I was notified by a friend about a post here about an auction listed under my eBay account. I had to come here to protect my reputation.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Funny

Quote:
Love that movie "Goodfellas."
Old 02-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Banned

Oh that's a great movie. What part do you like the best?

Last edited by SteakNchop; 02-04-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default this is going to get to be a hassle but......

Quote:
Hey Andrew,
I won't comment on your remarks as I am fairly neutral, but per the rules, you really need to put your full name out here with remarks like this. Please do so or edit them....

and this goes for anyone else that wants to get into these "heated" discussions....please read the rules and make sure your name is out here.......thanks
Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hey Andrew,
I won't comment on your remarks as I am fairly neutral, but per the rules, you really need to put your full name out here with remarks like this. Please do so or edit them....

and this goes for anyone else that wants to get into these "heated" discussions....please read the rules and make sure your name is out here.......thanks
Yes, I just messaged novakjr on facebook. I also have his office phone number right here on my computer. Maybe someone with a name like Chris Williams should give a little more information?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Eric Shaeffer

Quote:
Yes, I just messaged novakjr on facebook. I also have his office phone number right here on my computer. Maybe someone with a name like Chris Williams should give a little more information?
You're really pushing it kid. Shouldn't you be in school or something? Even though this thread has become a trainwreck, it did complete its purpose of taking down the bogus graphs...
Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Barry Sloate

Has SteaknChop put his name out yet? Did I miss it?
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
I think the point of posting our names is to force us to be held accountable for anything we say, and not so that people can stalk us on the net. Please lose my number.
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hey Andrew,

My Apologies Leon, I thought my name was out there already!! Edited my post to add my name
Old 02-04-2011, 01:52 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Has SteaknChop put his name out yet? Did I miss it?
It's Brendan White. And hey Brendan, by the way, if you found an office number, I can guarantee it's not mine.

Last edited by novakjr; 02-04-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default it is Brendan

Quote:
It's Brendan White. And hey Brendan, by the way, if you found an office number, I can guarantee it's not mine.
This Steakchop person is Brendan White, and I think he just called my home office, acted confused, and hung up. I would say he is on about a 2 inch leash on this forum as of now....I do have a good number for him too as I just called it and it sounds like a kid on the voice mail. I don't mind youngsters on the board, not the BST areas which Brendan is blocked from, as I want them to collect and have fun too. Per the rules, anyone under 18 has to have their parent or legal guardian contact me if they want access to the BST areas. Since they usually can't enter into a legal contract it just makes sense. If only ebay would be so diligent I feel some of their issues would go away. regards

Last edited by Leon; 02-04-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-04-2011, 02:00 PM

Also, Visa gift cards normally sell for more than $25. There is an activation fee and everything. I actually sold one for $29 a month or two ago. (hacker relisted it?)
--------------------------------------------------------------
This is true. The Visa gift card is a legal scam perpetrated by Visa, not Steaknchops.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Dan Bretta

This is what I get for not turning on the computer all day until now...All hell has broken loose on the memorabilia forum.

Threatening lawsuits is one thing (he is apparently only 14 years old with a high stature lawyer in the family so I guess that can be forgiven), but contacting forum members outside of this forum (ie netstalking) who don't wish to be contacted should be grounds for suspension from Net54. There are three ways to contact a member on this forum that you don't personally know:

1) Post to the forum
2) Send a Private Message through Net54
3) Send an email though Net54
Old 02-04-2011, 02:07 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I've gotten a few hang-up calls from an "Unavailable Number" within the last 20 minutes. I can't say that I'm really all that happy about it. Could just be coincidence though, but I've never gotten a series of random hang-ups in the 7 years that I've had this number.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default 415 area code

Quote:
I've gotten a few hang-up calls from an "Unavailable Number" within the last 20 minutes. I can't say that I'm really all that happy about it. Could just be coincidence though, but I've never gotten a series of random hang-ups in the 7 years that I've had this number.
If it was from a 415 area code it was from Brendan. I just gave him an infraction for

"contacting people outside the forum/acting stupid"

Please let me know, through a PM or email, if those continue. I do have his phone number and I am 100% sure we can get to his parents if need be....sorry for the issue. I also had 2 separate calls just now too. The first one was a kid acting confused and the second one was a hang up.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:40 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Thanks Leon. No calls lately. I'll definitely let you know if they start up again.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Clayton

What I don't get is how 14 year olds have ebay and paypal accounts- wouldn't this mean they have credit cards also (to have the paypal account)?

Or does their parents set them up with all of this?
Old 02-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
I promise that is not me.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
What I don't get is how 14 year olds have ebay and paypal accounts- wouldn't this mean they have credit cards also (to have the paypal account)?

Or does their parents set them up with all of this?
Yes, I have credit card, etc.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Banned

Hey Leon, how about you just ban me from this forum, alright? I have no interest in being berated and attacked by a gang of members, including moderators. If this was any reasonable forum, this discussion would have been closed long ago. So why don't you guys just quit giving me hell when you know nothing about my eBay situation and go inbreed like I do according to kingoftheclout.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Yes, I have credit card, etc.
Wow.......I guess times have changed.......I used to have to mow lawns to get $$ for Space Invaders & Tempest.......
Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow.......I guess times have changed.......I used to have to mow lawns to get $$ for Space Invaders & Tempest.......
Nowadays, 14 year old kids use fake ebay auctions to make money.
Not.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Kyle B@rni@k

Default Lol

Quote:
wow.......i guess times have changed.......i used to have to mow lawns to get $$ for space invaders & tempest.......
lol.......
Old 02-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned

It's not like I don't have to mow lands for "Space Invaders." I just use debit, credit etc. for online stuff.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default your wish

Quote:
Hey Leon, how about you just ban me from this forum, alright? I have no interest in being berated and attacked by a gang of members, including moderators. If this was any reasonable forum, this discussion would have been closed long ago. So why don't you guys just quit giving me hell when you know nothing about my eBay situation and go inbreed like I do according to kingoftheclout.
Your wish is my command.....SteakNchop is now banned.....now you can go to your other forum and have fun with your
friends.....

btw, this kid sent me a PM just now...I told him to quit calling people outside the board. He said he was confirming my identity. I was going to ban him for that until I saw this post where he asked to be banned anyway....made my job easier. Ebay is full of this crap I guess.

Also, if I am not mistaking, you have to be of legal age to have a credit card unless you have a co-signer that is of legal age....not that any of this really matters as this kid is unfortunately savvy enough to get around many safeguards...

Last edited by Leon; 02-04-2011 at 03:08 PM.