NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-24-2014, 05:15 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

I'd be in for 2 entries...

I'd want something early Babe Ruth on Yankees.

Last edited by yanksfan09; 04-24-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:52 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

If I were in and were to win I would want a Rogers Hornsby Cardinals uniform picture.

I would really love a picture of Hornsby tagging out Ruth in Game 7 of the 1926 World Series but I don't know of any high resolution photos that would be easy to paint from.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:22 AM

Last edited by CW; 10-13-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Jesse

It be very tough to pick a photo I love to have something like one of these done but I know not big enough piece to do it.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Bill Boyd

Kam,
I believe you are right Cam, the 16 x 20 can only fit more like a portrait, however, if one could add to the $4K value, then the next larger size is 18 x 24 and you can probably fit that great photo of Williams into that size. That would be getting the 18 x 24 at about a third of the cost. Those opportunities don't come along too often.

Good luck

Last edited by billyb; 04-24-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Jesse

True it's definitely something I could discuss if i win but I'll wait for that time to come.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Bill Boyd

I want to thank everyone for their responses regarding their interest in this raffle which allowed us to come to the decision to continue the procedure of the upcoming raffle, just 8 days from now.
I apologize for the delay, as I have a family commitment this Sunday and and Graig had commitments through the week. Thus, the May 4th date for the raffle.
I just wanted to let everyone know why we did not proceed immediately, plus the little delay also gives everyone a chance to be aware of the raffle and its date and time.
Thank you for your patience.

Bill Boyd

Last edited by billyb; 04-26-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Brock

If I win I'm gonna get either a rivera or gehrig done.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Mikeknapp

Gonna enter, not gonna win, but if I did this would be the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corbis-U1752785.jpg (59.3 KB, 215 views)
Old 04-26-2014, 04:28 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

This would be my choice. My favorite action shot of Perez, taken by the great Malcolm Emmons...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg perzy.jpg (70.2 KB, 208 views)
Old 04-26-2014, 05:40 PM

Mike and Mark,
Terrific choices!

Here would be mine. I'm not sure which of these three I would pick yet.
I'm open to suggestions from other net54 members that care to offer an opinion.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-27-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Mike and Mark,
Terrific choices!

I open to suggestions from other net54 members that care to offer an opinion.
Scott, you have a beautiful Vandy I think Nolan is the only way to go if you win.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:52 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Scott, you have a beautiful Vandy I think Nolan is the only way to go if you win.
I agree. Can't go wrong with "The Express".
Drew
Old 04-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Jack T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Mike and Mark,
Terrific choices!

I open to suggestions from other net54 members that care to offer an opinion.
Scott - I vote for the Vandy on the bottom! JK...I'm glad to see you think so highly of it. Actually, I suggest the Vandy on top. That's an awesome photo. Good Luck.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:27 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Scott:

As a long-suffering Reds fan, I really love both Vandy images. Tough to pick which is better.

But looking at the Ryan, it actually makes my knees shake. Just the idea of batting against that image strikes terror. Since you already have an incredible/unimprovable Vander Meer, I would go with the Ryan Express.

Edited to add... Bet it would be Graig's first crack at painting an Angel

Last edited by perezfan; 04-27-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:00 PM

Thanks for all of you that weighed in.

OK, you convinced me.

If I am lucky enough to win, I would have Graig paint this image of Nolan from his first no-hitter- 5/15/73 @ KC.
It's always been one of my favorite photos of Nolan on the Angels.

I'm certain that Graig would make this image absolutely come to life.

Mark, I have to admit that having Graig paint Nolan as an Angel would be especially sweet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan 1st no-hitter action photo 1973 001.jpg (77.2 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-27-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:12 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Scott,
That would make an awesome painting.
If I win, I'll probably do a Lou, though I'm not sure which one. I know that's a shocker to everyone.
I am also kind of tempted to do my all time favorite player that I saw play, which is Tom Seaver. I really love this photo. It's from his third ever start against the Cubs in 1967(wish I could find a ticket from the game). I think it would look way cool painted.
Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 04-27-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Scott,
That would make an awesome painting.
If I win, I'll probably do a Lou, though I'm not sure which one. I know that's a shocker to everyone.
I am also kind of tempted to do my all time favorite player that I saw play, which is Tom Seaver. I really love this photo. It's from his third ever start against the Cubs in 1967(wish I could find a ticket from the game). I think it would look way cool painted.
Mark

Mark,
Great photo! What's the ticket date you are looking for?
Was it at NY or CHI?
Old 04-27-2014, 06:11 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Scott,
Don't want to derail the thread so I sent you a PM.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 04-29-2014, 05:08 PM
FredYoung

I will certainly be interested!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Bill Boyd

To all,
I just received a request to reserve a couple of spots for a member because they will be away from their computer on sunday. I cannot reserve any requests in advance, or I would be getting tons of upfront requests.
After some thought, I do not want anyone to miss their chances to obtain their reserved entries so I decided to allow a member to include a 2nd member(the Buddy system), onto their request for entries. Just list both names and how many requests they wish to obtain.
HOWEVER, the 5 cap rule is still in place and that will include the "buddy system". The total of the two members using the "buddy system", cannot exceed 5. Both members will be considered at their max, until after the 5 cap rule is lifted.
This will allieviate anyone who wants to order ten, by using two names upon the request. It cannot be done.
The reason I decided to use the Buddy system, is anyone can request 4 entry spots, then sell two to their buddy on the side. Same thing as buddy system, just their could be a potential winner whose name may not be on the list. I would prefer all names on the list and open for all to view.

Thank You,

Bill Boyd
Old 04-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Jim Murphy

wouldn't it be better if you just limited it to 1 entry per person for the first 48 hours to give everyone a fair chance then open it up to multiples to fill in till 200

as it stand every one entry will get 5 places in the run

at this point you are making up too many rules to appese a few members

Keep it simple and be fair to all

Last edited by murphusa; 04-30-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:33 AM

Thanks for all your efforts, Bill, but no need to reinvent the wheel just for me. I'll figure something out. I was just curious to know what options I had, if any, to reserve a spot. Not a big deal.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Bill Boyd

Jim,
As far as cap, I do not want to change it now. Getting too close to Sunday. It appears that there will be other raffles as Graig is interested in doing more, and believe me, the cap will be lower for the future raffles. But first, let us play this one out to see how it goes.
As far as the above "buddy system", someone who may not be able to get any entries because they will be away from any computers, I have not addressed that in the initial rules at all. It probably will be done anyways, just this way, it is up front and both members can get their name on the list.
And, if someone is about to forfeit their entry request, I can contact the correct person.
I know there are a lot of rules, or seems that ways, but this raffle is not like most, so I have to explain every little detail so there won't be any misunderstandings. The prize has a large enough value that we want to do this raffle right. So no shortcuts on the rules.

Thank You Jim
Good Luck on the raffle

CW,
No problem at all, it was something I should have addressed initially, and I thank you alerting us to that issue.
Bill

Last edited by billyb; 04-30-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Charles

It just seems that 5 entires per member is a lot in the beginning. You could have 20 members instantly fill up the raffle when there are a lot more people interested in entering.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Jim Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Okay all, here is the date and time this raffle as it is going to kick off, on SUNDAY, MAY 4th, 2014 at 8PM (EST) Now I want to see some potential dreams, so post them, one of them may be the winner.

OFFICIAL RULES TO WIN 16 X 20 INCH GRAIG KREINDLER PAINTING.

1. Sale of entries will begin on Sunday, May 4th, 2014 @ 8PM (EST)
2. Cost is $20 per entry, limit capped at 5, total, for first three days. (72 hours). After 72 hours, cap lifted.
3. Entries obtained on raffle thread at which time you will give us the number of entries you wish to purchase.
3A. NEWLY ADDED RULE....."BUDDY SYSTEM". For members who cannot be active in the Sunday, May 4th, sales of entry requests. "Buddy System" allows a member to request his and another member's requests, on same request post, HOWEVER, WITH CAP OF 5 STILL IN PLACE, THE TOTAL ENTRIES REQUESTED BY THE 2 MEMBERS USING THE "BUDDY SYSTEM", CANNOT EXCEED THE CAP OF 5 TOTAL ENTRY REQUESTS. If 5 entries requested, then both members of the "Buddy System" will be considered at max, and cannot purchase further entry requests until Cap is lifted.
4. At 200 entries, sales will stop, capped at 200. But keep posting as entries may come available or second event may occur, depending on response. (see more below)
5. Payments can be made through Paypal using email address of wboyd4422@gmail.com, (Please either use the Family and Friends gift Option, or include 88 cents, to cover Paypal fees, for each entry) Checks or money orders can be mailed to William Boyd, 4915 Anglers Lane, Gladwin, Michigan 48624. (PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NET54 HANDLE WITH ALL PAYMENTS)
Hold all payments until all raffle numbers show as claimed. If you have reserved numbers for the anticipated second raffle, please also hold payments until that raffle is confirmed as filled. No reservations will be accepted for the second raffle until the first raffle is sold out.
Once payment is received, an indication of payment will show up, next to your name, on the entry list.
6. Your entry numbers will be given out in order of requests, via the raffle thread. Example: First member, if request is for three entries, will get numbers 1,2,3, Second member, if request is for 2, will get #4 and 5, and third member will start at 6 and so on, until 200 entries is achieved.
7. Each entry will get 5 chances, #1 will also get, 201, 401, 601, 801, and #2 will get 202, 402, 602, 802.
8, Once list is completed, entry fees will be due in 7 days. Any entry fee not paid after 7 days will be forfeited and resold.
9. Once all payments are received, an upcoming baseball game will be selected, along with a secondary game in case of a rainout.
10. The winning number will be the last three digits of the attendance of the selected game, as given on the New York Times web site, box score. The number on the New York Times website is the one we will use, even if a different attendance number may be given on the radio, television or elsewhere.
11. Winner is responsible for all shipping fees.

NOTE: After the first 200 entries are reserved, we will continue taking entry requests in case some are unpaid/forfeited. If response is so overwhelming that 400 requests are reached, Graig has agreed to do a second painting so as two winners may be achieved. In that event, numbers will be assigned to the second group of 200 entrants as above and separate event selected for determining the winning number of the second event.

STIPULATIONS: Graig Kreindler does reserves the right of final word, as to content of the subject matter, of the paintings requested. Also, Graig wanted to let everyone know that 16 x 20 paintings are used mainly for head and upper body portraits,( like Conlon Portraits), and smaller full figures. The 16 x 20 paintings cannot be used for complex action shots or panoramics and still maintain the level of detail and quality that Graig creates. So please, don't expect a painting like Gehrig's farewell with everyone one the field. Thank You.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL
where do we send the entries?

Last edited by murphusa; 04-30-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:43 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by old13man View Post
It just seems that 5 entires per member is a lot in the beginning. You could have 20 members instantly fill up the raffle when there are a lot more people interested in entering.
FWIW, It would take 40 members to instantly fill up the raffle, not 20. And that would require each member to be buying their full allotment of 5 entries. I won't be buying 5 entries (not knocking Graig, I just can't afford it), and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

The main thing though is to ensure that the first raffle goes off successfully, with a full roster of entrants. Even if it fills up instantly, there will be a second raffle with exactly the same prize as the first one. You're talking about 400 entries being up for grabs altogether. Nobody is going to be shut out of participation altogether, and I really don't think that whoever wins the second raffle in that case would complain that they weren't in the first one.

Also, if the first raffle fills up instantly, adjustments will be made for later raffles to increase the number of available entries and/or reduce the cap. These rules aren't set in stone, but we need to see how fast this first one goes before adding any more governors.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 AM
Bill Boyd

Charles,
I haven't seen much interest where members want to throw a hundred dollars at the raffle, unless their hiding in the bushes. But remember, the second raffle has a very good chance of going also and I am sure that some members may wish to enter both.
I know everyone wants to be involved, that is why Graig agreed to the second raffle, if enough entries are requested, and we believe there is a good chance. This second raffle will take place immediately after the first. If the second one fills up 5 days after the first, then the second raffle will be about 5 days after the first.
We do want everyone involved, who is interested. But to change the cap this close to Sunday is not going to happen, but this is the last time you will see the cap at 5.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Kind of interesting noit knowing what the pic is...could be pre-war or post-war.
I got a few fav's from either era, of course Hof'ers and rookies. Since we celebrate Hank, that be awesome as well. But i could go for a nice Babe, Cobb or a Shoeless. I also could see favs from football too.
I like to particpate as well.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 04-30-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Charles

No problem I was just voicing my opinion and I probably shouldn't have with that atrocious math.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Jim Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Charles,

We do want everyone involved, who is interested. But to change the cap this close to Sunday is not going to happen, but this is the last time you will see the cap at 5.
I am all for the program and would like a chance to enter and win and I thank you for your time but

to say it is too late to change on the day you have made changes well...
Old 04-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Bill Boyd

Jim,
The change you are talking about, did not affect any of the rules already in place. This was an addition which I should of thought about at the beginning.
This is our first raffle of this type, much of the rules is more description on how it is going to work. Any raffles in the future, I should not have to go into describing how we are going to get the numbers, or the "buddy system" and some of the other aspects of how it will run.
But the initial raffle needs all this information.
Jim, please let this happen first, then together, we (meaning you and I), can get this right for future raffles if all goes well.

Bill
Old 05-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Bill Boyd

To All,

Just a friendly reminder, This Sunday, 8PM (EST), the raffle entry process begins.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Er1cPr0chn0w

I may have missed it but is the sign up thread for this going to be in the same section on the board as this thread or the main section?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Bill Boyd

T20,
It will be a separate thread which I will start on the memorabilia side, same location as this one. It will pop in at 8PM (EST) and once its up, the process of the requests for entries then starts. That is when I become a typing machine, and get names placed on a list, which will be on the first page. I will try to get the names up on the list as fast as I can.
Good luck
Old 05-03-2014, 06:33 PM

Delete...

One More Day! ;-)

Last edited by irishdenny; 05-03-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Bill Boyd

I'm ready and looking forward to it.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Bill Boyd

Finally, the wait is over, and we can start the process of the raffle for a much cherished prize, a painting by Graig Kreindler, of your choice, but remember, within the guidelines of the stipulation, of what Graig can do in a 16 x 20 painting.
Tonight, 8 PM(EST), a "RAFFLE ENTRY" thread will pop up, right here, same location. Just post a message letting me know how many entries you want, and I will post you name, (ASAP). The entry list can be found on the first page of the RAFFLE ENRTY thread, just scroll down, and you will find your name with your raffle numbers.
I have a sample in the test forum, 3rd page about half way down, stating RAFFLE TEST, if you wish to see what the first page is going to look like.
On that first page, there is an area designated for any messages, as I plan on posting the percentage of payment I have received for each entry list, this will give you and idea how close we will be to announcing the date and upcoming game, of which, we will be obtaining the attendance figure.
I will try to keep the entry list current and up to date. Because of the traffic coming into the thread, the first posting of names, will be about 8:30pm. After that, I hope to post every 15 minutes. I hope to have the first list completed (if we have enough responses), by 9PM. If it is completed, then I will post, FIRST LIST NOW FILLED, and that the members on the first list can now begin paying their entry fees.
I then will start placing names on 2nd list. Second list also must sell out to become a valid raffle. So keep your entries coming in if you missed the first one.
Remember, the faster I receive all the payments for entries, the faster we can find our winner.

The members here on Net 54 are a great group of people. You help collectors every day here on this site, this is just a little thank you.

Good Luck

Last edited by billyb; 05-04-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Bill Boyd

To All,
The thread is all set to go, just waiting for 8PM. Once it is up and running, do not try to contact me as I will be transposing names onto the site. I will do a quick search for messages at 8:30, then back to the site to transpose more names.
Any question, I have a couple of minutes
Old 05-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Bill Boyd

To All,
The thread is all set to go, just waiting for 8PM. Once it is up and running, do not try to contact me as I will be transposing names onto the site. I will do a quick search for messages at 8:30, then back to the site to transpose more names.
Any question, I have a couple of minutes