NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 10-15-2012, 01:59 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Default Virtual Garage Sale continues REAL MLB Dugout Line Up cards and autos added 10-14

I used to own a card shop and when I closed it down 9 years ago I just packed everything in boxes and didnt want to even look at it. My wife is now on my butt to start getting rid of some of this stuff so I was going to have a garage sale but decided to have the garage sale here 1st. Some of it is free as long as you pay reasonable shipping and some of it is cheap. If you dont like my price please feel free to make me an offer. I am just trying to earn a few bucks to sink it back into this hobby of ours.

As many might know I had worked for the Chicago Cubs for seven years during the 80's. I had access to areas of Wrigley Field that most fans will never see. I worked as game day security during my first three years with the team and then as a full time, year round employee in the Stadium Operations department for the remainder of my time with the team. The following items were given to me or recovered directly from the dugout walls as these lineup cards were normally tossed in the trash at the end of the game. These are all from games at Wrigley field on the dates noted and were used in the teams dugout that is designated. Please feel free to ask me any questions regarding these items.

The line up cards are TRUE ONE OF ONE'S and no other lineup cards will exist for these games. These are pieces of history. These would all look incredible framed with a team picture or various autographed cards surrounding it. These line up cards are all printed on Heavy card board-like paper and the coaches or managers would fill them out with that days line up.

The first item on the list is a line up card from the August 24, 1986 game between the Cubs and the Cincinnati Reds at Wrigley Field. While an August game at Wrigley is hardly ever important but once you realize a few things about this game, the thoughts just make your mind wonder. Lets forget that this game was just a few weeks before Pete Rose would come back to Wrigley and tie the hit record that was held by baseball great, Ty Cobb. Lets forget that Peter Rose was also the manager of the Reds at this time and probably made out this lineup card himself. I want to direct your attention to the hitter batting in the sixth spot for the Reds........The best part is that this lineup card represents only the 16th major league game of the Hall of Fame's most recent inductee, Barry Larkin. This is your chance to own what could be the earliest game used item from Barry Larkin's career.

This lineup card was filled out in blue sharpie by possibly Pete Rose or one of the coaches on that warm August day. There is a flaw in this card in that it was torn in half BUT it was pieced back together nicely with clear tape. This tear and repair does not take away from the overall look of this historic item and would mat nicely with Reds memorabilia or by itself. I am looking for 45.00 on this item Delivered.

The next item is a two lineup card lot and the cool thing about this lot is that this pair of lineup cards represents the cards from both the Cubs and the Phillies dugout on September 10, 1986. These are true one of one's on their own but just think how cool it would be to mat and frame this pair along with a box score of the game. If you can find some wire photos from this game how much cooler would that be. Nobody will ever have another one of these cards and I would venture a guess that almost nobody (if anyone) has line up cards from this era as they were usually thrown away. The names represented on these cards are two hall of famers, two 500 home run hitters, a few guys that should be in the Hall and a very decent manager before he was a manager in Francona. Sale Pending

Second on the list is another pair of lineup cards from the game on May 7, 1986 between the Dodgers and the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. Once again, these are one of a kind items and to have both lineup cards from each dugout is unheard of. These would look great framed and would be the centerpiece of any Cubs or Dodgers collection. I am looking for 50.00 obo on this lot.

The next line up card is from the Los Angeles Dodgers visit to Wrigley on May 6, 1986. This card saw the Tommy LaSorda led Dodgers lose to the Cubs 7-6 on a day where the wind appears to have been blowing out of the old ball yard as seven home runs were hit by the teams. I am looking to get 20.00 delivered for this card

The next line up card is from the Los Angeles Dodgers visit to Wrigley on April 30 1983. This card saw the Tommy LaSorda led Dodgers lose to the Cubs 7-2 with the Cub's Chuck Rainey holding the Dodgers to just four hits. I am looking to get 20.00 delivered for this card

The next line up card is a Atlanta Braves line up that is printed on blue paper stock and was for June 1, 1986 in Wrigley Field which saw the Braves beat the Cubs 7-3 with a home run being hit by Bob Horner. This nice looking line up card would be a great addition to your collection. I am asking 20.00 delivered for this item.

The next item on the list is something that I would rather keep (Dont tell my wife). This is a sign that Hung in Wrigley Field on the clubhouse door and near the dugouts where only the players could see it. This sign pretty much explains itself and it was there to remind the players and team staff that no visitors would be allowed in the clubhouse or dugout area. This rule was put into place after the Pittsburgh Pirates drug debacle in the 70's in which players had agents and "friends" come and go in these areas at will and the leagues sought to stem the tide of these drugs flowing into these sensitive areas by locking down the bench and clubhouse areas.

This sign measures about 12 X 8 and has weathered a bit due to being exposed to a seasons worth of baseball. There are no creases or rips and it would display exceptionally when matted and framed. As mentioned, I am not anxious to get rid of this but I have sold 2 others on Ebay in the last two years and got at or near 70 dollars each for them. This is my last one and I would let this one go for 75 bucks delivered. I have tried to get a few more from the friends I have at the Ole' ballpark but they cannot get their hands on them.

The next item is a 1954 Chicago Cubs yearbook that is fully intact and has no rips, tears or folds in it. this 40 page yearbook has a blank back cover and the front cover does appear to have a bit of damage where it looks like it was touched by a small bit of tape but otherwise this book is in incredible condition. The true story of this book is not that it is a Cubs yearbook but that it is the rookie year of one Earnest Banks and marks his 1st appearance in Cubs yearbooks. The picture inside of mr Banks appears to be pretty close if not the exact same photo that was used on his Topps rookie card. There are great photos of Wrigley Field within this year book as well as bio's of all the Cubs players and coaches bit nothing beats the 1st appearance of Mr. Cub himself, Ernie Banks. This would make a great item form an autograph opportunity. I am looking for 40.00 delivered on this item.

The next item is a album that was produced by Megacards, the maker of the Conlon Collection (Sporting News) baseball cards. This is the first series of the Conlon Color Masters Series. Charles Conlon was the premier photographer for the major leagues back in the turn of the 20th century and captured some spectacular photos of the game's early legends. Presented here is a album of Conlon's work that features 8 colorized gloss photos that measure about 8.5 x 11 and come in a padded binder-like album with plastic sheets for each picture. You can keep these pictures in the album or take them out and frame them by themselves or with a cut auto. The possibilities are endless. The certificate that comes with this set of eight photos explains that this album is one of 25K that were produced. These are great pictures that really bring the old black and white photos to life. You will get ALL of these photos (and one that wasnt pictured) along with the custom album and certificate from Megacards. I am looking for 12.00 delivered on this item.

The following are autographs that I have obtained in person over a number of years of collecting autographs. No stories to go with these, just nice autographs. I have listed a price for each individual auto but if you want to buy more than one, let me know and we can work out a price.

*****I HAD TO REMOVE THE IMAGES AS THE NET54 BOARDS WOULD NOT ALLOW MORE THAN 18 IMAGES IN A POST. If you want to see something please pm me as I have scans of all of these items ready to send you*****

Bob Watson on Yankees "card" that measures about 3 x5 . This would look great on a custom card as it will fit nicely in a custom made window. looking for 5 bucks delivered on this one

Next is Bill Virdon on a Pirates team issued card % bucks delivered for this one.

Next is a Rick Sutcliffe Cubs team issued postcard. Sutcliffe would send these out to his fans who requested an autograph. I have a few of these if needed. Side note......I know i said no stories but.. my sister was handicapped and confined to a wheelchair but she volunteered to help answer Sutcliffes fan mail for him. She answered his fan mail by stuffing these autographs into envelopes for 4 seasons. This is where these autos come from. Looking for 5 Bucks!

Jim Frey Team issued Lion photo card. Looking for 5 bucks delivered.

Next is a nice Don Larsen 3 x 5 card that has been signed in blue ball point pen. This too would make a nice custom cut. Looking for 10.00 delivered

Next is a Milt Pappas blue ball point autograph. 5 Bucks is what I am looking for.

Next is a Billy Jurges black sharpie autograph from the Cubs shortstop who was on the field when Babe Ruth supposedly called his shot. Look this guy up..you will find he was a dang good ball player. Looking for 10 bucks delivered.

Next is a index card signed by Hall of Famer Richie Ashburn. This is a blue ball point auto of this phillie great. This would make a great cut autograph. Looking for 15 bucks delivered on this one.

Next is a 3 x 5 size glossy photo of Yankee great Frank Crosetti. I am looking for 15 bucks on this lot.

Next is a Stan Musial postcard that has been signed in blue sharpie. Looking for 15 bucks delivered on this

Next is a vintage Brooks Robinson team issued card from the early 1960's. This card features a early Robinson ball point autograph that can be used as a cut or the picture can be trimmed to remove the tape marks. I am looking for 20 bucks on this vintage autograph from the Oriole great,

More to come...I have other boxes to open. Please pm me with any questions

Last edited by whitehse; 11-06-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Adding "stuff"
Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Mikeknapp

Pm sent on Brock photo
Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Bumpity bump for new "stuff" added