NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-25-2018, 07:41 AM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Default Triple Play Vintage Store

I purchased a 1959 Topps Hank Aaron card from Triple Play, sent the card for grading to PSA and it came back MiniSizeR.

I sent him a message regarding this and he responded he would refund me. I sent the card to him which he received on Monday, August 20th. He has not sent me my refund after sending 2-3 messages.

Anyone else have this issue with this clown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2018, 08:29 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

I'm surprised he accepted a return. MINSIZREQ from PSA just means factory cut short, not evidence of trimming. If you buy raw, that's one of the things that might happen.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:52 AM
Mike Reid

For what it’s worth I have bought a number of cards from him. I have always found him to be fair albeit a bit slow in his response. If he said he would take care of the issue my guess is he will do so.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:34 AM
Bill par.sons

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan63 View Post
I purchased a 1959 Topps Hank Aaron card from Triple Play, sent the card for grading to PSA and it came back MiniSizeR.

I sent him a message regarding this and he responded he would refund me. I sent the card to him which he received on Monday, August 20th. He has not sent me my refund after sending 2-3 messages.

I have bought 1 lot from this dealer and had to send it back as cards were missing. Although have bought singles that met expectations. My takeaways are as follows:
1) lot grading is 1 level below what is stated. So take that with a grain of salt.
2) lots contain multiples of many cards and in most case commons.
3) I still look at his offerings as maybe the feedback and noise around this dealer highlight that you may be able to get a decent deal for what your looking for.
4) where does he get all this stock?

billp

Last edited by BillP; 08-25-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:55 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

I have been making some lot purchases and was a little reluctant after looking at their feedback. Think I spent a couple hundred on a lot of 62 Topps football and some 54 Bowman baseball. The football were graded pretty close but the baseball was off by at least a grade. It was a good deal for the amount of cards I received so I couldn't complain. The shipping was quick but they never responded to my request for combined shipping....hence, the shipping charge was too much. Best of luck to you. I think it will work out in the end, just might take some time!

Tim Hadley

Last edited by Promethius88; 08-26-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:50 AM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

So yesterday he finally responds asking for the item # AND the tracking # for a second time. I sent to him but informed him for the second time that he received in his PO Box on Monday and for him to stop with his stall tactics.

Have not received or received any response.

He now has my $$ and the card.

I will never do business with this guy again.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:06 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

He is very disorganized. I bought I card at the Boston Show last November. He kept listing it on eBay as a buy it now until at least January. He overgrades for sure and don’t be surprised if you buy something and it’s not in stock. I think deals can be had but some things will be painful. He also doesn’t do back photos most of the time which is an issue for me.

So I don’t think it’s a stall tactic.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:06 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

No comment on the seller but this comment to our members. I don't understand why it is so difficult to follow this simple rule which is in bold letters at the top of every page. Name will be put next to posts accordingly...
thanks

If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!

Old 08-26-2018, 08:19 AM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Full name: Robert Guilfoyle

Old 08-26-2018, 09:04 AM
Mark

I personally don't buy cards from them anymore because if constant shipping problems.

On two occasions a card I ordered never even got shipped. He issued a refund, but I wanted the card since I had bought it on a 15% off day and that cost me the discount

The final straw came a couple weeks ago when I ordered a card. Ten days later, no card and it wasn't marked as shipped. I contacted him and he replied that it had shipped on the 14th (two days earlier.) I finally got the card the next week with a post mark of of the 17th (the day after he told me it shipped Tuesday)

I can handle sellers being busy, but I can't accept being lied to.

Mark Fricke
Old 08-26-2018, 09:16 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

I should also point out the good. At the Boston show his table was packed and I bought a lot of stuff from him. Mostly low to mid grade. In person I know what I’m getting and I’m not dealing with shipping or cards that have already been sold. I think he will refund the OP but the delays don’t surprise me.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:35 AM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Thanks for sharing guys...

Old 09-04-2018, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYFan63 View Post

Yes, I have purchased several raw cards from this dealer in the past. Unfortunately, many of them were trimmed. He did refund my $ when I called him on it. The dealer has since blocked me for leaving negative feedback which is fine because I would never buy from him again anyway.

Steve Hinkle
Old 09-04-2018, 04:50 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Shipping still slow as molasses. Most likely had various shill accounts. The same exact litsbget listed with the same photos for four stacks if cards getting sold over and over. Also someone ran up a 52 topps gray back recently, and it was listed a few weeks later. Selling for less, to the underbidder from the first auction.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors