NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 09-13-2018, 07:54 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

Default Crazy stuff I do

At least in theory my time is valuable. Still, I will happily

-- Spend an hour scouring the internet to try to get a card for $3 instead of $4.

-- Spend $15 on the cards I need for a set and then take an hour putting them in my binder when I could by the complete set already in a binder for $20!

-- Spend a few hundred dollars to upgrade the condition of a set and then try to get 75% of my money back selling singles vs 50% of my money back selling the whole set.

-- Spend two hours sorting cards in a junk wax box I know is worth at best a dollar.

-- Store my TTM George Brett rubber stamped "autographs" in the same box as my best cards.

-- Turn down a $15 offer on a card and counter with $16 as if that dollar will make any difference in my life.

-- And my girlfriend would add "have more baseball cards in frames than pictures of my family!"

How about the rest of you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 09-13-2018, 08:33 AM
Al Richter

Time spent posting on a sports card chat board
Old 09-13-2018, 10:24 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Time spent posting on a sports card chat board
Time reading said postings.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:04 PM

Default Watchlist

Save dozens of cards under $5 each in my EBay watchlist.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:53 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
At least in theory my time is valuable. Still, I will happily

-- Spend an hour scouring the internet to try to get a card for $3 instead of $4.

-- Spend $15 on the cards I need for a set and then take an hour putting them in my binder when I could by the complete set already in a binder for $20!

-- Spend a few hundred dollars to upgrade the condition of a set and then try to get 75% of my money back selling singles vs 50% of my money back selling the whole set.

-- Spend two hours sorting cards in a junk wax box I know is worth at best a dollar.

-- Store my TTM George Brett rubber stamped "autographs" in the same box as my best cards.

-- Turn down a $15 offer on a card and counter with $16 as if that dollar will make any difference in my life.

-- And my girlfriend would add "have more baseball cards in frames than pictures of my family!"

How about the rest of you?

Great post Jason.

I do all those but the George Brett autographs. I also:

Have an insane Wade Boggs collection that I have easily 200+ cards that I have 10 or more copies of. Some special edition stuff I would even track down the manufacturer and buy out their left over stock.

I super collect 2 modern shiny cards that are #ed to 88 and 188. I buy everyone I find and they are not ever going to be worth 1/2 of what i pay for them.

I am putting together a master set of 55 Bowmans. My goal is to acquire every card from fellow Net54 members. I am 5 away from that goal and have no intention of keeping the set. The best part of this for me was all the great people I have had transactions with, thanks everyone.

I collect T210 cards only because the Ft Worth players have FTW(F*ck The Warden, my interpretation) on their uniform.

I will trade almost anything for cards and will take most anything in trade for cards including guns, cars, and booze.

This list could go on and on, my name is Ben and I really do have a problem.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Wow! I never realized how many parallel dimensions there are with people doing exactly the same things I do.

- except that I don't have nearly as many Boggs cards.

Welcome to Bizarro Net54 (sorry Leon).

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 09-13-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:52 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

-- Spend a ridiculous amount of time adding cards to my watch list, so I can snap them up when ebay gives us the 15% off coupon code...only to completely ignore them when ebay finally offers us the 15% off coupon code.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 09-13-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:25 PM
Jason A. Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
-- Spend a ridiculous amount of time adding cards to my watch list, so I can snap them up when ebay gives us the 15% off coupon code...only to completely ignore them when ebay finally offers us the 15% off coupon code.
On the subject, are there any coupon codes in effect right now? Looking at a large purchase (by my standards) but looking for any kinda discount I can get.

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 09-13-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
On the subject, are there any coupon codes in effect right now? Looking at a large purchase (by my standards) but looking for any kinda discount I can get.

8% EBay bucks but today is the last day.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I do the same thing most of you do. I try to build sets that can be bought for just a few dollars when it would cost more to finish out the set. I sort and sort and resort and resort again.

Look over the ebay again and again and again to find something for a buck or two cheaper than one I've already got on my watch list.

Spend time listing on ebay when I know stuff isn't going to sell. Just a waste of time.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:52 PM
Steve

Hey, as far as hobbies go, it beats the hell out of cutting the grass and cleaning the rain gutters, which is what my ex preferred that my time went into.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:57 PM
Jason A. Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volod View Post
Hey, as far as hobbies go, it beats the hell out of cutting the grass and cleaning the rain gutters, which is what my ex preferred that my time went into.
I can relate!

Old 09-17-2018, 01:49 PM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:

But there is something therapeutic about this.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:55 PM

Spent an hour looking at 73 Topps FB commons - John McMakin card online to find one that was reasonably centered and not tilted to upgrade my set. That set drives me nuts as it has really poor tilted centering.

Ricky Y
Old 09-17-2018, 03:35 PM
Albert Bee

Default funny

that is funny...and of course true