NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-06-2024, 11:27 AM

Default Greg Morris Marketplace T206 Auction ending 4pm PST today!!!

Hello all,

My name is Drew I work for Greg Morris Cards. As you may have seen, we have launched an auction via www.GregMorrisMarketPlace.com. I would love to hear feedback on our new website.

There is a partial T206 set ending this sunday with is no buyers premium and no extended bidding. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by GMC Drew; 04-07-2024 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2024, 04:23 PM
Charles Jackson

I like the website and the fact there is no buyer's premium. Very straightforward.

But I couldn't find a "Terms" area of the website. I'd like to know, for example, which states you charge sales tax in.
Old 04-06-2024, 05:09 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Lots of T206's!
Old 04-06-2024, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback!!!

I do see that needs to be more visible to the user. For this reference the tax you will be charged is the sales tax for the state you are buying from. Thanks!
Old 04-06-2024, 09:18 PM
Br1an N0Iff

Is GMC getting tired of the eBay nonsense and starting the transition to a non eBay platform?
Old 04-07-2024, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintboy View Post
Is GMC getting tired of the eBay nonsense and starting the transition to a non eBay platform?

We are selling on both platforms. We wanted to create GMM to be as relatable to the everyday collector as possible. Our T206 auction is ending at 4pm PST don't miss our on some great items!!!

Our next auction starts today and will include a 1953 PSA graded set.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Holy shit. Whatever auction software this is, it is very problematic...it changes your pending max bid before you confirm it (it can both lower it or raise it without your consent as you are going to confirm it) if a bid is made by another bidder. Really terrible unless it's by design, which I cannot imagine.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.

Last edited by CardPadre; 04-07-2024 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Added Holy Shit
Old 04-07-2024, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardPadre View Post
Holy shit. Whatever auction software this is, it is very problematic...it changes your pending max bid before you confirm it (it can both lower it or raise it without your consent as you are going to confirm it) if a bid is made by another bidder. Really terrible unless it's by design, which I cannot imagine.

Thanks for the feedback. Can please help me understand your problem so we can fix this issue that would be super helpful. Would you be able to email me at drew@gregmorriscards.com. As this is a customer software we would like to make sure we are delivering the best product possible.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:46 PM

Default Software is a Disaster

Tried to put a max bid in at the end of countdown clock. Bid was accepted because I can see my name as an underbidder. However, final sale price is $30 less than my max bid. It appears it took my bid but didn’t keep bidding to my max. Happened on two separate cards - same situation.

Had same other issues as other member listed. Software is a mess. I stopped bidding.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:05 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecaibrown View Post
Tried to put a max bid in at the end of countdown clock. Bid was accepted because I can see my name as an underbidder. However, final sale price is $30 less than my max bid. It appears it took my bid but didn’t keep bidding to my max. Happened on two separate cards - same situation.

Had same other issues as other member listed. Software is a mess. I stopped bidding.
Yeah, that's exactly what it 'seems' is happening when you first encounter it. But actually the max bid you intended to enter never gets entered because it is changed by the software as you're going to hit "confirm" if another bidder enters a bid.

I did email Drew a video of it happening.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:05 PM
Anthony

I put in a max bid on a card that was WAAAYYY over the current bid, but when I confirmed it, it's almost like it didn't even recognize the bid. I would have won the auction by a landslide. Very strange. Not sure what happened there, but it looks like I'm not the only one having issues with the bidding.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:07 PM

Quote:

Sending your a direct message now. Thank you for your feedback.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:14 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Default Greg Morris Marketplace T206 Auction ending 4pm PST today!!!

Here’s a screenshot from my video. With 6 seconds left I have a pending max bid of $55. Then before I can hit confirm, with 5 seconds left on this item, the software reduces my pending bid to one increment over the newly placed bid.

And it can raise it too if the recent bid is beyond the max bid you had queued up!!!! Not just lower it.

Last edited by CardPadre; 04-07-2024 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
I put in a max bid on a card that was WAAAYYY over the current bid, but when I confirmed it, it's almost like it didn't even recognize the bid. I would have won the auction by a landslide. Very strange. Not sure what happened there, but it looks like I'm not the only one having issues with the bidding.
Thank you Anthony! We appreciate the feedback. Due to you and the other users having the problem we have been able to fix the issue. We strive to make this the best auction software possible and really value everyones feedback.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Here’s a screenshot from my video. With 6 seconds left I have a pending max bid of $55. Then before I can hit confirm, with 5 seconds left on this item, the software reduces my pending bid to one increment over the newly placed bid.

And it can raise it too if the recent bid is beyond the max bid you had queued up!!!! Not just lower it.

Thank you so much for the helpful screenshots. Refresh your pages we have fixed the bug.
Old 04-07-2024, 07:35 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC Drew View Post
Thank you so much for the helpful screenshots. Refresh your pages we have fixed the bug.
It does look like it's fixed but....ooof, some people lost out on some cards they were trying their best to win.

Old 04-07-2024, 07:39 PM

Quote:
It does look like it's fixed but....ooof, some people lost out on some cards they were trying their best to win.
\\Make sure to refresh your page. or click the link here to auto refresh software.

https://www.gregmorrismarketplace.com/marketplace
Old 04-07-2024, 08:57 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

NM

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos

Last edited by perezfan; 04-07-2024 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:58 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Where can you find the items you previously bid on? I am logged in, but it's impossible to tell whether I won or lost. Please help.

Old 04-07-2024, 09:37 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Where can you find the items you previously bid on? I am logged in, but it's impossible to tell whether I won or lost. Please help.

Click on the bell icon at the top. That will take you to a page with drop down menus of what you’ve won, lost, or been outbid on (for active items). Took me a while to figure that out as well.

Old 04-07-2024, 09:55 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Click on the bell icon at the top. That will take you to a page with drop down menus of what you’ve won, lost, or been outbid on (for active items). Took me a while to figure that out as well.
Thank you William.... much appreciated!

Old 04-07-2024, 10:10 PM
Chase

GMC does an excellent job on eBay. Hope the new platform will be as great. I have not signed up but in looking at it, it appears you cannot see completed sales. Wanted to see how the T206s did. Are those of you who are signed up able to see completed sales?

I never saw the launch for this other than this thread and there is not a whole lot of info to be attained from the platform itself.
Old 04-08-2024, 11:17 AM

Default Feedback

I like the setup of the auction - no buyers fees, no extended bidding. I knew when I went to bed last night what I had won - not usually the case with extended bidding auctions. Combined shipping for $4.95 is great regardless of how many lots you win.

I didn't seem to have the bidding issues other bidders had.

I really like all of the options to pay vs. just wire or check.

Some things that could be improved - It would be nice to see a quantified bid summary like most auctions - have - winning x lots for a total of $x dollars. Losing x lots, etc. vs. just the three separate sections of Outbid, Winning, Lost, but I did like that too - would just prefer to see how much I'm in for if I win everything I bid on.

After the auction closed - I can only see details and good pictures of the lots I lost. I have a list of what I won with prices, but only small thumbnail pics and they don't link back to the original listing. A listing of completed auctions with prices/scans would be nice.
Old 04-08-2024, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
GMC does an excellent job on eBay. Hope the new platform will be as great. I have not signed up but in looking at it, it appears you cannot see completed sales. Wanted to see how the T206s did. Are those of you who are signed up able to see completed sales?

I never saw the launch for this other than this thread and there is not a whole lot of info to be attained from the platform itself.

We are in the process of building the past sale component. You will see this feature available soon.

We are working to make this the best auction house around. I appreciate any and all feedback as we continue to launch new auctions regularly. If there is anything you would like to see please let me know. Thank you to everyone!
Old 04-08-2024, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I like the setup of the auction - no buyers fees, no extended bidding. I knew when I went to bed last night what I had won - not usually the case with extended bidding auctions. Combined shipping for $4.95 is great regardless of how many lots you win.

I didn't seem to have the bidding issues other bidders had.

I really like all of the options to pay vs. just wire or check.

Some things that could be improved - It would be nice to see a quantified bid summary like most auctions - have - winning x lots for a total of $x dollars. Losing x lots, etc. vs. just the three separate sections of Outbid, Winning, Lost, but I did like that too - would just prefer to see how much I'm in for if I win everything I bid on.

After the auction closed - I can only see details and good pictures of the lots I lost. I have a list of what I won with prices, but only small thumbnail pics and they don't link back to the original listing. A listing of completed auctions with prices/scans would be nice.

Cory, thank you so much for the detailed response. This is going to help us tremendously with the updates we plan to make. Thanks again for such detail. And please for anyone else... feel free to chime in on your experience.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:21 PM
Jer.em.ey

Likely not helpful for GMC but maybe for someone else.

This was on me, but I didn't realize it wouldn't allow me to bid until I added a payment method. So, when I went to drop a bid with 6 seconds to go for a manual snipe I ran out of time. I'm still kicking myself since I was willing to go over the finishing bid on the Young portrait.

Adding the payment method wasn't a big deal, I was lazy and it burned me.
Successful BST purchases: npa589, RedlegsFan, Wildfireschulte, AndyG09, Vintageismygame, Ben_Yourg, pencil1974, Leon, bnorth, LuckyLarry, loubrown, cardsnstuff, brianp-beme, gooseman91, ricktmd, and bcookie.
Old 04-09-2024, 07:11 AM

Default Feedback

One other thing, which may be my settings (but I can't find where it would be), but I haven't gotten any email updates - No outbid notices, auctions closing soon, you won, invoice, shipping updates, etc.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
One other thing, which may be my settings (but I can't find where it would be), but I haven't gotten any email updates - No outbid notices, auctions closing soon, you won, invoice, shipping updates, etc.

Thank you for the feedback. We will also be adding this component for the next auction. Appreciate the response.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:22 AM
Scott Russell

Couldn't have timed this new venture much better with what's going on at Ebay!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-11-2024, 12:54 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:

Yeah,
I had a magabid in ready to go with a $500.00 lead. Counted down to zero and "apparently" I didn't need it.. The price never moved. Upon further review that evening, I couldn't look up any of the old listings but come to find out, I lost the bid and the card after showing I "won" with my original bid, LOL. I know it's new but let us know when you get the kinks out.

I immediately deleted my account out of frustration as easy as it was to open it. Not putting up with that anywhere, just don't need or want the aggravation. Even my favorites, GMC, LOL

I'm sure you'll dial it in, but I really wasn't happy at all. I'll just save it for Strongsville!!!Good Luck & thanks for asking!