NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 01-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Roger Grider

Default Any MMA Fans here?

This is my 1st post,i've heard very nice things about this site and since i'm doing the 73/76 topps sets.I thought i would check it out.I was also checking to see if they are any MMA fans here?I'm a big fan of it and my Favorite fighter is Fedor.

Thanks Roger

FCB Member ID-Bornagaincollector
Bench Member ID-Roger G.
Topps Member ID-Marinmafia
Old 01-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard Roger. We have had a discussion or two about MMA. I can't say I follow it a lot but every time a fight comes on, from MMA to UFC, my eyes are glued to the TV. Those guys really know how to fight. They must feel like a beat potato the next morning....
Old 01-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Clayton

Default I am.........

I love watching MMA fights!!!Very exciting to me.Welcome to the board also!!
UFC has come a long way,I used to rent the tapes of the early fights before it blew up-Shamrock,Gracie,Tank Abbott,etc.-good stuff!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:52 PM

Herschel Walker won his MMA debut. I can't imagine taking on a new sport like that at his age, even though I think he's always been involved in martial arts.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:28 AM
Clayton

Although not fighting with UFC,I think Michael Westbrook is also fighting mixed martial arts.Congrats to Mr.Walker!!!
Respectfully,Clayton
Old 02-09-2010, 01:53 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Default Me too

Been training/watching since about UFC 14 or so. Have trailed off recently as it is the thing to do around here and every moron is now a tough guy. I learned many years ago dont start fights because the unassuming character is the one who can seriously hurt you. I am all for self-defense, but two lions hardly ever cross paths since they both know one will die.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
R Dixon

Default I'm a fan

My favorite fighter is GSP. I've also trained a little bit, but I gave that up because it was killing my golf game (plus it hurts).
Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Jim D

Default Huge UFC fan and not just cause im fat!

I am a big GSP fan. I trained in Muay Tai back in the late 80s early 90s and have seen most of the UFC's since #1

Huge fan... i even got my hands on two boxes of the very limited series 1 when it came out and only managed to get one box of series 2, Series 3 is due out any day now!!

Im still missing about 40 cards for series 2... so if anyone has some singles, and needs some, maybe we can work out a trade!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Mma

My son and I are going to a MMA event tonight in Dubuque. It should be fun. I am seeing more and more MMA/UFC cards at the local card shows. I haven't purchased any yet, but it may be time to start a collection.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Jim D

I do have a few spares and some parallels if you want to do a trade. I know i have a spare Series one set, the very limited one! and a bunch of series two but i think i need those to trade as i dont have the complete set!

Does your son have a fav fighter?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Jim D

UFC-Main Events just came out within the last week. I got an email this afternoon saying my box was in. So hopefully, i can get some decent cards out of my box.
(it is the third series of the UFC cards)