NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Mark Fox

Default A Net54 site improvement suggestion

This topic has come up quite frequently lately in the autograph section as a result of discussions around Ron Keurajian's new book "Baseball Hall of Fame Autographs". A handful of people have inquired, and I have been curious as well, as to other similar autograph guides, handbooks and reference books. This topic comes up from time to time as well in the other sections on the site here.

This got me to thinking that perhaps a good idea for an improvement and addition to the site here would be a Net54 Digital Card Catalog, of sorts. A list of hobby related guides, books and reference materials on the site. At the minimum, maybe just a list of these related materials with the subject, title and the author of the book so users can search Amazon and other online retailers for the books that interest them. It could be taken a step further, perhaps include a quick synopsis of the book and/or Net54 reader reviews of the book could be useful too.

I think this could be an extremely valuable section of the site here and would be quite useful to just about everyone here.

After making the OP, I thought I should come back and make an edit/addition. I don't want to be "That Guy" that makes a suggestion and then expect someone else to jump in and do the leg work to get this moving along. We could easily start the work here in this thread with a list of materials and books.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

My initial contributions:
Collecting Sports Legends: The Ultimate Hobby Guide - Joe Orlando (cards, autographs, tickets)
The Photographic Baseball Cards of Goodwin & Company 1886-1890, Old Judge's baseball cards - Jay Miller, Joe Gonsowski and Richard Masson (cards)
Baseball Hall of Fame Autographs - Ron Keurajian (autographs)

Last edited by markf31; 12-11-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 AM
Phil Garry

Good idea, Mark
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I guess clarification on my part is needed. Are you saying we just need a place that has a list of E-books available, or something else? If it's that, then that's really no big deal. We already have an archive center if you just look in the right hand corner. There are quite a few of our best, informational threads there. We could easily add another thread there. If we want it to be more than that then we just have to specify what. I am not a big book reader myself, though do have a ton of hobby pubs (literally) and frequently read over them.

Last edited by Leon; 12-11-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:10 AM

I am reading that as a new section that simply has links and references to GOOD hobby information in addition to links that show you how to avoid the bad.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I am reading that as a new section that simply has links and references to GOOD hobby information in addition to links that show you how to avoid the bad.
And that would be different from our links section, how? And if we just want a comprehensive list, in a thread, of these references, how would that be different than all of the static, old, but relevant links in the archive section?
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Mark Fox

Leon, I never knew the list of articles published by Net54 members existed. I learn something new every day!

Since the list seems to include articles written in periodical publications then perhaps an expansion of that already existing "publication" section to include a similar list of hobby related hard print books to complement the periodical reference section.

We already have the Vinatge Links section for useful online links to websites and references, we have the aforementioned periodical Publication section and we have the Archive section for import and reference related posts/threads. It seems the only thing that is lacking is a list of hard print books that are available for on hobby related topics. If we have a list of hobby related hard print books, I think that would do a nice job of rounding out the reference related information available on the site.

Last edited by markf31; 12-11-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
Leon, I never knew the list of articles published by Net54 members existed. I learn something new every day!

Since the list seems to include articles written in periodical publications then perhaps an expansion of that already existing "publication" section to include a similar list of hobby related hard print books to complement the periodical reference section.

We already have the Vinatge Links section for useful online links to websites and references, we have the aforementioned periodical Publication section and we have the Archive section for import and reference related posts/threads. It seems the only thing that is lacking is a list of hard print books that are available for on hobby related topics. If we have a list of hobby related hard print books, I think that would do a nice job of rounding out the reference related information available on the site.
Very good Mark. If you, or anyone, wants to get a list going we will put it over there. Many, many times these exact kind of threads lead to a lot of folks finding new things on this site that have been here for years. I bet less than 50% of our members have looked at all of the great picture albums, from our members, under the community tab in the dark blue line!! There is great stuff there that is updated almost daily.