NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-09-2014, 07:58 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default OT: Amazon takes on eBay

Amazon has added a "make an offer" option...
"The new Amazon feature launched Tuesday with 150,000 items classified as sports and entertainment collectibles, and collectible coins and art. "

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/09/tech...html?hpt=hp_t2
Old 12-14-2014, 08:29 PM
Jeff P0tter

For those who may be considering selling on amazon, thought this might be useful. One of the reasons I started was I knew they were rolling out the make an offer ability. What I didn't discover until this week is that an offer is by no means a commitment to buy. I received multiple offers this week, when you accept the offer it merely lets the buyer know you are willing to accept that price. They are under no obligation to buy, even though you have "accepted" the offer. You can't even tell who is making the offer. On one item, I suspect it was the same buyer, they just kept making offers, $25 lower each time, but had no interest in following through almost like they were just playing around seeing how low I might go on the card. I was somewhat excited about this option on amazon but so far have been really disappointed.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Mike C@.v3

Sounds like Amazon will eventually do everything that eBay does. Can't help it, but I still love eBay and do shop both. I think being a buyer is awesome on both sites, but as a seller there are ups and downs for both. I hope both continued success because I love me some shopping and don't want to think about being without one!
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 12-15-2014, 01:27 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

I wish for the days of the simple auction where everything was bid on. In many cases, reserves would not be met but it was always interesting to be able to search thousands of auctions.

Sellers have gotten spoiled with high stagnant asking prices and buy it nows.

Does anyone think that someday another major website with an auction format will become popular and gain critical mass or are those days gone forever?