NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-19-2024, 04:33 PM

Here's the only Azcue MC I was tracking - looks like a rookie stars card above him?

Are we feeling sure enough of the Phillies over Buchek to use it to help construct the columns?

I don't see the Stigman color line fingerprint over the Bailey - what should I look for?

I looked again at the Schofield MC and I think it could easily be either the RS or Braves rookies, so on my sheet I took away Schofield being over either (have him listed elsewhere as over one or the other).

Separating this out leaves us with a column with Gibbon, Braves Rookies and GOrdy Coleman and another with only Schofield and Hannan.

I think it is Barber over Roznovsky, so that gives us a baby column with Roznovsky, Barber and Kline.

Last edited by deweyinthehall; 03-19-2024 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
Here's the only Azcue MC I was tracking - looks like a rookie stars card above him?

Are we feeling sure enough of the Phillies over Buchek to use it to help construct the columns?

I don't see the Stigman color line fingerprint over the Bailey - what should I look for?

I looked again at the Schofield MC and I think it could easily be either the RS or Braves rookies, so on my sheet I took away Schofield being over either (have him listed elsewhere as over one or the other).

Separating this out leaves us with a column with Gibbon, Braves Rookies and GOrdy Coleman and another with only Schofield and Hannan.

I think it is Barber over Roznovsky, so that gives us a baby column with Roznovsky, Barber and Kline.
Here's the Azcue miscut, I have to agree with Kevin that it is Don Buford under Azcue after comparing the miscut to the top of Buford. Every Phillies Team card has that ink dot so I would confirm Buchek under the Phillies Team card. There is another Azcue with a Rookie Stars card above it but I don't know if there is a way to tell which one it is, I'll have to study it for any clues. ETA: I think it could also be a team card above Azcue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66 6 azcue 1.jpg (175.1 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg 66 6 azcue 2.jpg (108.9 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 03-20-2024 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 03-20-2024, 02:33 AM

The Bennett miscut with the trademark of the adjacent card near the edge of the pink border could be either 501, O'Donoghue, or 487, Ferrara. Both of those cards are 4x, and both have the trademark in the approximate correct location.

When I adjust the images using my crude abilities, it looks to me as if Ferrara is a better match, but I'm not ready to conclusively state that.
Old 03-21-2024, 07:32 AM

I ran across this miscut last night that I didn't know I had because I listed it as a 7 Series rather than a 6 Series, it shows #511 Giants Rookie Stars at the top of a Slit which I believe puts the card at the end of the 4x Aaron row. I am puzzled why this card and Camilo Carreon have lower than normal 4x quantities on eBay but as of now all of the evidence has them at the end of 4x rows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66 6 giants rookies top slit.jpg (167.7 KB, 132 views)
Old 03-21-2024, 03:23 PM

Things change quickly, so to sum up, here are the columns, full and partial:
LE
Aaron
Nuxhall
Fox
Moeller
Skinner
Gonzalez
Cubs Rookies

RE:
Hamilton
6th Checklist
7th Checklist
Wood
Giants Rookies
Carreon
Edwards

Oliva
Simmons
Ellsworth
Howard

Roznovsky
Kline
Barber

Buford
Latman
Azcue

Gibbon
Braves Rookies
Coleman

Radatz
Rollins

Yankees Rookies
Bressoud

Blefary
Klippstein

Bunker
Lee

Hannan
Schofield

Jimenez
O'Dohoghue

Richardson
Rodgers

Cannizzaro
Belinsky

Additionally, we have these side-by-sides:
Jimenez/Phillies Team
Klippstein/McAuliffe
Green/Linz
Bennett/Ferrara

These cards are on the top of one slit:
Aaron
Lolich
Wynn
GOnzalez
Giants Rookies

We also have an Aaron on the bottom row

Plus, about a couple dozen or more indeterminates that may prove useful as we get closer and start a process of elimination.

Last edited by deweyinthehall; 03-21-2024 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:22 PM

This is one of the tentative slits that Kevin and I came up with the LE (header) cards and the RE cards that are on the same row. The other slit has the Aaron row at the top but we need more information to complete it.

1. Gonzalez - Carreon
2. Nuxhall - S Hamilton
3. Fox - Checklist 6
4. Skinner - Wood
5. Aaron - Giants Rookie Stars
6. Moeller - Checklist 7
7. Cubs Rookie Stars - Edwards
8. Gonzalez - Carreon
9. Nuxhall - S Hamilton
10. Fox - Checklist 6
11. Skinner - Wood
12. Aaron - Giants Rookie Stars
Old 03-22-2024, 04:13 AM

Default 1966 series 6, semi-highs

We also have the possible vertical pairs of Wynn-Ferrara and Phillies team- Buchek, unless you feel it's too early to definitively call those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
This is one of the tentative slits that Kevin and I came up with the LE (header) cards and the RE cards that are on the same row. The other slit has the Aaron row at the top but we need more information to complete it.

1. Gonzalez - Carreon
2. Nuxhall - S Hamilton
3. Fox - Checklist 6
4. Skinner - Wood
5. Aaron - Giants Rookie Stars
6. Moeller - Checklist 7
7. Cubs Rookie Stars - Edwards
8. Gonzalez - Carreon
9. Nuxhall - S Hamilton
10. Fox - Checklist 6
11. Skinner - Wood
12. Aaron - Giants Rookie Stars
Old 03-22-2024, 05:34 AM

My bad - I had recorded the Phillies over Buchek on my spread sheet, but forgot to include it here. So that's 2 complete columns and 13 pieces of others that will somehow come together to form the remaining 9.

IMHO the Wynn Ferrara match seems too tentative at this point.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:01 AM

I think the only two possible cards that it could be (Under Wynn) are Podres or Ferrara. The other Yanks/Dodgers have been eliminated (Moeller is in Col 1), Yanks RS doesn't match, Richardson is over Lee, Hamilton is in C11, and Friend has the strange sky (photoshopped?).

Interestingly, I also show Richardson has a red banner above him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
My bad - I had recorded the Phillies over Buchek on my spread sheet, but forgot to include it here. So that's 2 complete columns and 13 pieces of others that will somehow come together to form the remaining 9.

IMHO the Wynn Ferrara match seems too tentative at this point.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevvyg1026 View Post
I think the only two possible cards that it could be (Under Wynn) are Podres or Ferrara. The other Yanks/Dodgers have been eliminated (Moeller is in Col 1), Yanks RS doesn't match, Richardson is over Lee, Hamilton is in C11, and Friend has the strange sky (photoshopped?).

Interestingly, I also show Richardson has a red banner above him.
It is Ferrara under Wynn, it can’t be Podres because he has trees at the top left. Also, Richardson has B Rodgers under him, not B Lee.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:56 AM

Yes, you are correct. I have card 462 under Richardson, which is Rodgers.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:34 AM

Agreed - Ferrara is under Wynn. Since neither Wynn nor Ferrara have previously be identified in any other over/under pairs, this now gives us 14 column fragments (setting aside the LE and RE) out of which 9 will eventual emerge, once we get some more miscuts.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:52 AM

Thanks for all the work on the tough 6th slit guys!Awesome .
Old 04-04-2024, 05:44 PM

Bobby Bragan is above Sam McDowell, I'm pretty sure Bragan is a 4x and McDowell is a 3x. I thought it was a Rookie Stars card at first but realized it's a regular player card and McDowell has a facade in the upper right corner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66 6 bragan - mcdowell 1.jpg (119.8 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 04-04-2024 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-04-2024, 06:22 PM

Cool! Neither Bragan nor McDowell had popped up before, so now we have a total of 15 partial columns that need to eventually be reduced to the 9 we still need.
Old 04-06-2024, 07:42 AM

Buchek at the bottom of one of the slits...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BUCHEK at Bottom.jpg (153.1 KB, 57 views)
Old 04-18-2024, 06:31 PM

Last edited by deweyinthehall; 04-18-2024 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-20-2024, 10:34 AM

This thread has hit the proverbial wall, Jose Cardenal has a Rookie Stars card to his right on a 3x row.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66 6 cardenal.jpg (190.8 KB, 20 views)