NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 07-25-2019, 11:08 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Ignatius ~!
I knew your posts from BO, didn't know you were here also. (but I'm not here combing every thread, so theres that)

I have a bright idea.

You know I'm a Clemente collector, so why don't you sell me either one you don't want for $150.
Then you can apply said $$$ towards a Goudey Ruth.
Jokes aside sir.

Everyone likes the PSA example because of the centering, (Err, so do I) but I personally love the SGC Clemente, the overall cleanliness and brightness is amazing.
You might remember from a few of my posts, I like the "overall look" of a card, not "strictly" the centering, but we all have our wants/likes.
I'd likely be happy with either one of these to be honest.

I find myself continuously asking myself a question (and I kinda wish more collectors would ask themselves this)....
That is "What would I think if I were to actually pack pull this specific card right now upon opening a pack, regardless of year and issue?"

The answer is (for most of us, if we are brutally honest) that we would be extremely happy with this card. Or in this case, either card.

If you want to move either one of these, keep me in mind.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:23 AM
And*y Quig!ey

I agree ... PSA. I'm not a centering fiend, but I think it does help that card pop a bit.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:00 AM
David M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCollector1 View Post

Everyone likes the PSA example because of the centering, (Err, so do I) but I personally love the SGC Clemente, the overall cleanliness and brightness is amazing.
You might remember from a few of my posts, I like the "overall look" of a card, not "strictly" the centering, but we all have our wants/likes.
I'd likely be happy with either one of these to be honest.

I find myself continuously asking myself a question (and I kinda wish more collectors would ask themselves this)....
That is "What would I think if I were to actually pack pull this specific card right now upon opening a pack, regardless of year and issue?"

The answer is (for most of us, if we are brutally honest) that we would be extremely happy with this card. Or in this case, either card.

If you want to move either one of these, keep me in mind.
I guess we are in the minority, but I like the SGC card better. The white of the border is so much brighter. It makes the PSA card look old and tired by comparison.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:39 PM
Bill

Despite the really nice centering of the PSA card, I'd pick the SGC card because I think it's just prettier looking overall.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:49 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
I guess we are in the minority, but I like the SGC card better. The white of the border is so much brighter. It makes the PSA card look old and tired by comparison.

This comment and "Junky Joe's" are exactly why its hard to challenge grading, and opinion.
Everyone likes something slightly different.

Truth be known, I would be happy to own either of these two cards.
Actually, if you were to examine them, one day look at one, then the next day look at the other, you likely wouldn't see enough difference where you would actually have a massive preference.
The obsessive centering enthusiasts might pick the PSA, but I think like GasHouse mentions, the whiter border makes the SGC Clemente really pop off the screen.

Ignatius should be happy whichever one he chooses to keep.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.