NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Default Mastro Auctions - Tonight

Posted By: Todd C

I know it's still early in the day, but I hope that I can get at least one winning bid !

Old 08-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: bryan long

All of my bids were blown away pretty quick. They have some nice stuff that I can never seem to afford. I do keep bidding though so that I can get the great books in the mail.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Bryan,

I think that means you owe them $75.00

Old 08-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

very transparent ......

Old 08-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeremy

Thanks for the Reminder... I did not even notice...

~ Jeremy ~

Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

I've won several cards from Mastro over the years, but lately have been very disappointed with their customer service. In their last 2 or 3 auctions I have sent emails to Jim Bonnamy at CustomerService@mastroauctions.com asking for additional scans and have received no response. I sent an email 2 weeks ago requesting back scans of 3 cards in the current auction and have not received a response. If I was a consignor, I'd be upset that some people are not bidding on my lots since Mastro has been lax in responding to requests for additional information.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

Did anyone receive an e-mail reminder today that half the auction closes tonight? I didn't, and if Mastro didn't send one, I would think that would be more than enough to annoy a consignor.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Rob - it might just drive a consignor to publicize the auction ending himself.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

Can't say that I blame him, if that's the case. Mastro should waive his consignment fee.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

1. Early February 2008, submitted four signed prewar cards for inclusion in April auction -- 3 signed common T206 and one signed T202 of HOFer Wheat.

2. April auction comes online without my cards and with no explanation.

3. Called Mastro and was told cards were bumped to June auction.

4. In June auction, cards were buried among unsigned T cards, not within autographed items section.

5. Three signed common T206 and one signed T202 of Wheat were put into just one lot and labeled "quartet of signed cards".

6. Technical glitches postponed June end date.

7. Cards sold on low end of market value.

8. Check received third week of August -- nearly two months after auction ended.

9. I consigned cards two months later than Mastro to B+L Auctions, B+L auction ran, and I got paid by B+L two months prior to Mastro paying me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 08-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert Klevens

Has anyone received a reminder about the auction closing tonight?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Nope, haven't received one email all week.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

The Mastro Auctions Current Premier Catalog And Connoisseur Live Auction Event is closing this week. Time is running out to get your initial bids in before 9 PM Central Time on the auction closing date for the following sessions:

Session One Lots (1 - 524) will close on Wednesday, August 27th.
Session Two Lots (525 - 1313) will close on Thursday, August 28th.

Reminder of New Closing Time!

Please remember the change in the Auction Extended Bidding period. Initial bids will be due at 9:00 PM Central Time, and the 30-minute timer will kick off at 10:00 PM Central Time. We trust that you'll enjoy the extra hour of sleep after the conclusion of an exciting session!

Internet Bidding for the Connoisseur Live Auction Lots (1314 - 1969) will close on Friday, August 29th. There is no extended bidding for Connoisseur lots - bidding will continue the next day via the Live Auction. All registered bidders are eligible to bid on Connoisseur lots, whether they have bid via the Internet or not. Please contact Customer Service at (630) 472-1200 or the email address shown below for more information.

If you don't recall your user name and/or password, please click here to have this information emailed to you.

To view the auction and place your bids, just visit www.MastroAuctions.com.

If you have any questions, or wish to contact us - please click here to email Customer Service.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Auction!

Mastro Auctions

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 08-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil Garry

Well, I got blown out of the water on the Matty - Falk Cabinet Card and was the underbidder on the W600 Willis (I should have tried a little bit harder on that one).