NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Richard Simon

Default Ebay delibrately leaving bad items on the board - they need the $$$

For at least a week now, ebay has not been removing items that are being reported by their EMR people.
Apparently any thought of trying to help clean up the ebay autograph market has been removed from ebay's corporate policy.
How about if all autograph collectors on this board write to them and complain about this apparent policy change.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-16-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:58 PM

Are they responsible if it is brought to their attention and nothing is done about it?
Old 03-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Wayne Walker

I thought there was an inordinate amount of bad autos up currently. Here's one outstanding example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JIMMY-COLLIN...item41716b1b10

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 03-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Babe Ruth/Jack Dempsey Signed Baseball Forgery Ebay Seller Dino565

This piece-of-crap forgery sold for $2.000.

Listed and sold by Ebay seller dino565.

The scammers on Ebay are now running amok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140934792724...orig_cvip=true

dino-2.jpg

dino-3.jpg

dino-4.jpg
Old 03-16-2013, 01:03 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

That "Quick Judgement Service" by AMA is hilarious. Based on their track record, couldn't they issue those without even looking at the item?

Does the "banned authenticators" list no longer apply as well?
Old 03-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Mickey Mantle signed photo forgery Ebay seller poffin CSC Collectibles COA

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
That "Quick Judgement Service" by AMA is hilarious. Based on their track record, couldn't they issue those without even looking at the item?

Check out these forgeries listed by Ebay seller poffin. The COAs are from CSC Collectibles (on Ebay's Banned COA list).

Ebay isn't removing anything these days from what I can observe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/mickey-mantl...item4ac262d380

poff-2.jpg

poff-3.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-mantl...item4ac262ce61

poff-5.jpg

poff-6.jpg
Old 03-16-2013, 01:48 PM
keith janosky

Ebay doesn't care it's all about the money. I have reported about 6 things this week with Drew Maxx and Ace certs and they do NOTHING. They probably get so many complaints about bad autographs they blow it off as people just complaning. Like we don't know what were talking about. It will never change unless they get sued for some reason for millions of dollars or some amount to make an impact then maybe the'll wise up and listen to the people like us that care and want the hobby to get cleaned up. It's like taking 1 step forward and 5 steps back sometimes. I find lately all they seem to care about is making there website more attractive cause every time I log on something has changed in appearance but still the same bogus autographs that I tell them about.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
Ebay doesn't care it's all about the money. I have reported about 6 things this week with Drew Maxx and Ace certs and they do NOTHING. They probably get so many complaints about bad autographs they blow it off as people just complaning. Like we don't know what were talking about. It will never change unless they get sued for some reason for millions of dollars or some amount to make an impact then maybe the'll wise up and listen to the people like us that care and want the hobby to get cleaned up. It's like taking 1 step forward and 5 steps back sometimes. I find lately all they seem to care about is making there website more attractive cause every time I log on something has changed in appearance but still the same bogus autographs that I tell them about.
What Richard is specifically referring to is eBay appears to be no longer responding to EMR reports.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
Keith - not to denigrate you or any collector who made reports to ebay. but those reports were almost never listened to.
The reports that they did listen to came from the dedicated volunteers of the EMR group. Now they are ignoring those reports to the detriment of the hobby.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Richard Simon

It does seem that the new corporate policy at ebay is just let the crooks run wild.
All collectors should write to them and publicize this fact on other boards.
Autographs on Ebay are now as bad as any time in its history.
It is as bad now as in the horror days of pre Operation Bullpen.
When John G. was "moved" out of his role of top ebay policeman we should have known what would be next.
--
Old 03-16-2013, 02:21 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
When John G. was "moved" out of his role of top ebay policeman we should have known what would be next.
When did this happen? I must have missed it if something was posted regarding his move. It does sound like with the change of head cop, the policies (or attentiveness to them) has changed, which is very disappointing.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Phil P

Default Sandy Koufax Autographs

I can only speak as a 25 year collector of just Sandy Koufax memorabilia. Many of the Sandy Koufax autographs on ebay listings are fake. At first I would email the sellers to remove item, and then advise ebay about the item if not removed. The last few months have been so bad with forgeries that it is now just out of control. Many COA's are a joke, and a few from even reputable people. Unfortunately it is a very sad part of our hobby.
Phil
Old 03-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post

I always have to chuckle when a COA does not list the address or phone number of the authenticator. What are they hiding??
Yes banned authenticator items have been reported and nothing has been done by ebay.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-16-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Babe Ruth Cy Young Honus Wagner Signed Baseball forgery Ebay seller Mcollins10

For some reason, Ebay has stopped removing forgeries.

Check out these forgeries listed by EBay seller mcollins10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-AU...item20d03c7aee

collins-2.jpg

collins-3.jpg

collins-4.jpg

collins-5.jpg
Old 03-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Mickey Mantle signed baseball forgery Ebay seller mcollins10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-AU...item20d03c97f7

collins-7.jpg
Old 03-16-2013, 04:34 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
For at least a week now, ebay has not been removing items that are being reported by their EMR people.
Apparently any thought of trying to help clean up the ebay autograph market has been removed from ebay's corporate policy.
How about if all autograph collectors on this board write to them and complain about this apparent policy change.
Well they certainly have no qualms about removing cap gun auctions that don't have permanent orange stoppers in the barrel. How stupid of a rule is that? They ended three of my auctions for cap guns that were made in the 1950s and 60s because my orange stoppers that I crafted out of plastic did not meet their lofty standards.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Banned

they only removed "some" of the fakes anyway, so they are being fair now, either leave all the fakes up or take down ALL the fakes.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
they only removed "some" of the fakes anyway, so they are being fair now, either leave all the fakes up or take down ALL the fakes.
With a philosophy like that, thankfully you are not in law enforcement or anti-terrorism.

Officer: Chief, our estimates indicate there are a percentage of drunk drivers, rapists and con artists at large.

Chief Roste: You mean we are not catching 100% of violators? That's not fair to the ones we do arrest. Screw it. Let 'em all go.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
With a philosophy like that, thankfully you are not in law enforcement or anti-terrorism.

Officer: Chief, our estimates indicate there are a percentage of drunk drivers, rapists and con artists at large.

Chief Roste: You mean we are not catching 100% of violators? That's not fair to the ones we do arrest. Screw it. Let 'em all go.
Well written, Mr. Zipper!!!!

My sentiments exactly.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Banned

thats the dumbest analogy ever.

when the violators arre already caught, not AT LARGE. It's not liek we dont know fo the psa and jsa screwups, they have been caught, proven and turned in. Just not prosecuted fairly like the rest.

case in point.

you catch two guys robbing the store,

one white, one black, you bring them in, they book the black guy and let the white guy go.

now does your analogy hold up?

what you are saying is that we cant catch the psa or jsa screwups so lets let them all go.

but we already caught them and reported them, its just that its selective ENFORCEMENT, not the fact that we cant catch them all so let's let the ones we do catch go. We DID catch psa and jsa, its just that its ebay picking winners and losers.

I don't think you would have the same attitude if they delisted the psa and jsa fakes and kept the drew max fakes up? you wouldnt have a problem with that? It all comes down to whose ox is being gored. Just give me a good reason why psa and jsa fakes that have been proven to be fake deserve to remain up. you can't because you you like it that way. You like psa and jsa fakes. If you didn't , you would demand they come down the same as the rest.

a fake is a fake is a fake. These fakes are being laid right at ebays doorstep, they just choose to ignore some because of their cozy relationships.

So it's good i am not in law enforcement because I don't practive selective enforcement of the law? law enforcements job is to serve justice, which is suppose to be blind. two violators violating the same statute deserve equal treatment and justice under the law. not look one way for one and book the other. when the DA's brother in law gets his traffic ticket dismissed, when others have to pay, then that's a problem. But I guess you don't have a problem with that. I have had an EMR ask me for all the non psa and jsa fakes. what the heck is that? why protect companies who screwup and certify fakes. why are their fakes golden and something we shouldn't talk about and take proactive action with? Sacred cows for $$$$$$$$$$$$, power and other considerations in return for shutting up.

Last edited by travrosty; 03-16-2013 at 06:40 PM.