NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Default Funniest questions you have been asked on EBay...

Posted By: Cat

Some times EBayers come up with some real interesting questions. I try to be courteous, but its hard. Here are a couple I can remember.

One time when selling a M101-5, I was asked:

"What do you mean by blank back?"

When selling a 1952 Topps Mantle, I was asked:

"Is the autograph real or is it part of the card?"

Old 12-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Stone

As far as I am concerned there are no dumb questions when it comes to buying on ebay --sometimes I will ask an obvious question--ie -is there anything printed on the back? to confirm what it is I am bidding on but also to see how quickly and completely the Seller answers. If I get back a sarcastic reply --I will generally not bid on the item --if I get a scan of the back and polite reply I feel better about dealing with the seller--in any event I think it is far better to ask any questions before bidding.

Old 12-03-2005, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Evanov

What I find the stupidest are the ones stating.."I will be out of town when your auction ends. Could you sell me your PSA 8 Koufax rookie for $200 now, and end the auction?"

Frank

Old 12-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: scgaynor

I could write a book......

Scott

Old 12-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

I'm kinda like Bill. Sometimes I will send a email asking some question just to see if I get a response. Some questions a kinda dumb and some are not.

I've even sent email for a Ty Cobb stating I wanted a pic with my name written on a piece of paper. I specifically stated the since my bid would be over $600 that I always ask for this so I am a little more comfortable bidding. Seller's response NOTHING!! So the card ended at $675

Old 12-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

I loved when someone asked if I will be shipping the card in a protective holder. Naw, I'll just slide it in a plain envelope.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Anson - believe it or not, Ive rec'd cards that have litterally just been stuck in an envelope. Fortunately its only happened a couple of times. But it isnt uncommon when the seller is s/o who doesnt typically sell cards.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brian p

I have also received cards protected by only the paper envelope. Even more humorous were the ones I have received that were also sent in a regular envelope, but reassuringly wrapped with facial tissue.

Brian

Old 12-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

in feedback, so I always try to do the opposite. (Always leave positive, thoguh). There's a hockey set where all the players have sort of a body halo around them. I told the guy that Turk Broda looked sort of like the Lady in Song of Bernadette..

When I won a White Sox World Sereies Press Pin, I said "It's about time!"

Nobody ever asks me funny questions...