NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-27-2016, 09:44 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default 2 things rarely seen on net54 b/s/t..

I still looking for a net54 ad do say:

I wish to trade my Ruth/Green Cobb for a 60s HOF player...

or

I have a Green Cobb/Yellow Ruth - I would like to trade one of these cards for a group of 4-7 cards that are HOF 60s cards or 50s HOF besides Mantle RC /Mays RC/Clemente RC

I see plenty of the opposite, anyone got a waterside property that just want to get rid of to have 6 or 7 cards instead of just one lonesome card?

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-27-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:42 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I still looking for a net54 ad do say:

I wish to trade my Ruth/Green Cobb for a 60s HOF player...

or

I have a Green Cobb/Yellow Ruth - I would like to trade one of these cards for a group of 4-7 cards that are HOF 60s cards or 50s HOF besides Mantle RC /Mays RC/Clemente RC

I see plenty of the opposite, anyone got a waterside property that just want to get rid of to have 6 or 7 cards instead of just one lonesome card?
You don't see those trades because most on here are dealers and flippers. 1 card is way easier to sell than several so those deals are rare.

Personally I have made several trades similar to what you describe on Net54. I have traded Mantle, Mays, Maris, and other star player cards for a stack of commons I need for a set. I have also traded 1 high end Joe DiMaggio for a stack of Willie Mays cards.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:56 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
You don't see those trades because most on here are dealers and flippers. 1 card is way easier to sell than several so those deals are rare.

Personally I have made several trades similar to what you describe on Net54. I have traded Mantle, Mays, Maris, and other star player cards for a stack of commons I need for a set. I have also traded 1 high end Joe DiMaggio for a stack of Willie Mays cards.
like i said, i havent seen it on net54....lots of things happen outside of net54 and the world isnt just net54....i just havent ever seen it on net54..
Old 06-27-2016, 03:20 PM
M.att C H A R L T O N

I work those kind of trades quite often. I know of at least two I've gotten done with Ben. Those types of trades don't end up in thread, IMO, because we don't want people debating who got the "better" deal.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:26 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxcat View Post
I work those kind of trades quite often. I know of at least two I've gotten done with Ben. Those types of trades don't end up in thread, IMO, because we don't want people debating who got the "better" deal.
Understood and interesting point. However you still see people post all the time about willing to trade their 3 or 4 or whatever cards for a Cobb or Ruth.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:34 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Understood and interesting point. However you still see people post all the time about willing to trade their 3 or 4 or whatever cards for a Cobb or Ruth.
You are going on the assumption that most people have a large wad of $$$ at any given moment to plop down on a Cobb or Ruth. However, many of the proletariat (me, for instance) have the equivalent amount of money tied up in several lesser SSS cards that have been accumulated over time.

Last edited by Paul S; 06-28-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:02 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
You are going on the assumption that most people have a large wad of $$$ at any given moment to plop down on a Cobb or Ruth. However, many of the proletariat (me, for instance) have the equivalent amount of money tied up in several lesser SSS cards that have been accumulated over time.
can always sell the lesser cards for cash so its still the same thing money wise and affordability wise.. Someone with that cash could end up buying a ruth and than later on in theory offer the ruth for 5 cards....just never seen it on net54
Old 07-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Ben North

Here you go Jake a perfect example of what you have never seen. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...53#post1558753

I also wish the owner of the 52 Mantle good luck as I also would enjoy a few sets over 1 card any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:59 PM
je.sse @rnot

I actually thought of this thread when I saw that listing. I guess there's a first time for everything. I do get Jake's point that those types of listings, "I will trade you this group of cards for one of the most iconic cards in the hobby" are extreme long shots at best.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:42 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Here you go Jake a perfect example of what you have never seen. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...53#post1558753

I also wish the owner of the 52 Mantle good luck as I also would enjoy a few sets over 1 card any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
right he is asking for a full set not 4-7 cards.....normally its someone with a group of cards wanting to trade it for one card. A set is basically ONE item when its raw together...its a set...break it apart than you have 300+cards etc..

a full set is a bit different.....plus in your post you admit a 1 card for many is very rare..... but i agree with jesse..the many cards for one great card is a long shot..but who knows the opposite may be a lot easier..we will find out

also the fact that there are cards that are 'available' and cards that are available.... the 'ill just keep' if dont get a incredible incredible deal arent really available....like listing a card for 'sale' but asking 10X the price of what a card goes for at an auction isnt really for sale...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-06-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:27 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

duplicate

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-12-2016 at 08:28 AM.